Viper Days at Spring Mountain?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why have I not heard any reports? I was dying for not being able to go, but now I wonder if it even took place! I believe PMUM, Slocal, Kid and Brett and Schlee and many others were to be there, with Billy Bob Woodchuck calling the action. Could someone please provide an update?
cool.gif

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my unofficial recap of the weekend (which is based on my very fallible memory...):

Pmum was there and he was keeping dj busy with overheating brakes. In between trying to boil his Motul and giving rides in his M3, he turned a 1:44.2. He was hoping to lay down on 1:43 when I left early on Sun afternoon but I don't know if he got there...

The Schley entourage was there as well and they too were busy. Seemed to me that they were continually emptying Mobil-1 from their puke can or helping anyone/everyone who came by... When I left, Mark was in 2nd place in the UNL class with a low 1:45. (And Chad Schley was in 5th or 6th place with a 1:52.)

Third place in UNL was Mike Horzewski who was less than 0.5sec behind Mark. Bruce Donaldson was turning 1:50's which is causing him to consider dropping 30 large on engine upgrades.

Ted May left his wife's Camaro at home and so he finally showed up at a Viper Days event with a Viper. Not sure what kind of times he was running tho...

Pemberton was there but as the track had no PA system, he wasn't able to do any announcing. But he did borrow a car for one session and turned a 1:52.2 which was a tenth faster than Tom Glenn. I think that explains the silly grin that Bill had on Sunday...

As for me, I drove like a pinoche but managed a 1:55.2. I could mention that I had a flat-spotted right front tire AND I didn't want to damage my just-repainted side sills with an off... but I don't want to sound like Adelberg-the-No-Show so I won't mention it.

The wheel-to-wheel races were buttloads of fun to watch. Tony Estes raked in the cash by making side bets on who would be the first to spin, who would be the second to spin and by accurately predicting the "incident" at Turn 9. Frank Parise and Skip had some close battles, as well as Woodhouse and Foster. Perhaps the best part was watching all of these guys walk away from My-Track-My-Rules Rupert...

As always, the Viper Days crew put on an outstanding, well-organized event. (And we all left well-fed too...) Skip, Linda, Courtney, Tracey, Bruce, Tammi -- thanks!

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not responding quicker!! We are trying to get everything in place for Finals in two weeks. The schedule is tight!
Spring Mountain had 52 Vipers present and having fun. It was also great to have the 3 Panoz cars there with Rocky, Phil, Tom and Bob!! The F-40 kit car was also cool!

The weather could not of been better and the food was great! The results are all posted and we hope to see a large turn out at Finals in Tulsa, OK.
Be there!!!
Skip

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PMUM was pretty fortunate to click off the 44.12 considering the car wasn't stopping well and the fuel mapping is a bit off. I really believe we could have gone a low 43 had the elements been in place. It was great watching PMUM, the Grand er uh Godfather and Bob, how do you say your last name?, chasing each other's times all weekend!! I million thanks to the Schleys and Mes. Also to Dan, it was good working with you. Thanks for your help. Dave "where the h***'s my scooter?" Jenkins

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the props Mr. Scott, but I gotta give Glenn his due, since the 1:52.3 I ran was dropped as it was with a student aboard, and the car was misclassed. The time was run in a new 2001 ABS equiped Yellow Jacket, owned by " Big" Ed Flanagan, so the car is actually in the Prepared Class. I was really shocked at the control with the ABS, as this was my first time at speed to challenge the system. Can you say ," DEEEEEEEEP into the corners?" " Big " Ed was out for his first time, and he made some giant strides forward with his times, and he stayed on track the whole time ---------- no Woodchucks. Les Quam ran a killer time of 1:51 and took the Super Stock Class, and then blew his motor, so it wasn't a good day for the class winner. Glenn took a solid second and he has wrapped up the Western Region as the Super Stock Champion by a fairly large margin. The event was alot of fun, as I spent virtually all my time instructing and had the luck to have some very adept students. The note Skip made about the food was spot on, " It was absolutely unbelievably great!"

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whoops. Forgot to mention that Viper Days did correct the classification for Ed, as he was a newcomer and listed his class
incorrectly. He was a good sport about it and it was changed over to Prepared.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip, ban Pemberton for cheating!!! LOL

Wish I could have been there for all the fun.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't blow my motor but have a fuel delivery problem. the car has ony 800 miles on it and has not been driven for two years. So we replaced some plugged injecters and it seems to be fine. It was running fine until Mumford walked up and jinxed it.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jenkins, what does "Jenkins it" mean? Is that some sort of tribal ritual which makes you forget what actually happened to someones car and face Mumford land to kneel and prey?

**** , Les is back? Would have loved to see you and drive against you. Welcome back Les.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96