Viper Days changed 2005 schedule!

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been a few changes to the 2005 Viper Days and VRL schedule. Please click on the link to find out what is going on!

http://www.viperdays.com/schedule2005.html

Proposed Schedule

Jan 22 & 23 Willow Springs, CA

Feb 19 & 20 Buttonwillow, CA

March 12 & 13 Thunderhill, CA

April 29, 30 & May 1 Sebring, FL

May 13, 14 & 15 Mid-America, IA

June 3, 4 & 5 Gingerman, MI

July 15, 16 & 17 VIR, VA

August 12, 13 & 14 Putnam Park, IN

Sept 9, 10 & 11 BeaveRun, PA

Sept 23, 24 & 25 Spring Mountain, NV

Oct 14, 15 & 16 Finals TWS, TX

www.viperdays.com 847-594-8477 [email protected]

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Mountain (Pahrump) in September is going to be brutal, unless you like running around in 110 degree weather with suits and helmets on. Since it is a west coast event, it would be fantastic if it could be moved to April or May.

With the new addition to the track, I am glad you guys are including it, but Sept??? My 2 cents.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spring Mountain (Pahrump) in September is going to be brutal, unless you like running around in 110 degree weather with suits and helmets on. Since it is a west coast event, it would be fantastic if it could be moved to April or May.

With the new addition to the track, I am glad you guys are including it, but Sept??? My 2 cents.

WUSS.....!!!! :cool: Come on... everyone knows it's a dry heat

(actually I'm with you, looks like I'd be buying a cool shirt just to keep me ALIVE, never mind comfortable, its bound to be 120 in the shade and no shade especially in my black gen 1 RT)

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I was at willow springs and it was 100 degrees outside, cars would just overheat, or you could only run them for part of a session before bringing them in. Spring Mountain is going to be hotter most likely.

It's not a track to be missed, because the new owners have poured a lot of money into making it better and they have expanded the track by quite a large amount, so it should be awesome and will be new to anybody who goes, whether you have been there or not.

Problem again is just the fact that it's in Sept. It should be March, April or May, in my opinion. We west coast guys have 3 months of Viper day events, and then the schedule skips for half a year until the next event. :confused:

PLease change it, Viper Day folk.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a club in northern California (NCRC.ORG) and I can tell you that Track scheduling is not the easiest thing,you just dont ask for a date and get it.

The way it work is that the track give you a list of dates AVAILABLE FOR YOU and you choose which one(s) you want.

Obviously, big organization like SCCA that have been renting a given track many days for many years, get to choose the best dates and depending how far your club is in the pecking order, the choices become slimmer and slimmer.
Also,if you want to still have any "good" dates available for the following year, you better rent/use some "bad" dates from the choices that are available for you.

Since Viperdays only rent a track once a year,the scheduling/bargaining must even be harder for them and I'm sure that Courtney did everything she could to come up with the best possible schedule.

Luc.00GTS

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard from Skip some of the struggles they face with renting tracks, it is always very difficult. Now, if we all would come out and run the events during the middle of the week, we could go to just about any track we wanted. But, I suspect the attendance at mid-week events would drop off dramatically if that were the case. Then, with a decreased participation, the money wouldn't be there to rent the tracks even during the middle of the week.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PCA does not have a problem renting tracks. They usually get more cars than that of Viper Days. PCA rents the local track 4 - 5 x's per year. They have Races, Drivers Education & timed events.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Porsche Club and PCA Racing have been around for MANY years and have long established relationships with many tracks. ViperDays is a whopping 8 years old this year and new tracks are filling up dates as fast as they can be built. It takes a while to secure a date and then it takes time to change that date when an established club may forfiet a date.

Also, there are TONS more Porsches and track rat Porsche owners than there are Vipers and track rat Viper owners.

VIR raised it's rates this year and just about every weekend is booked. Professional series and motorcycle races are now looking to add VIR to their schedule and withthat comes spectator money. It's harder and harder (and more expensive) for a club to rent an "A" list track.