Viper Days Driving School at Putnam Park, IN Aug 13-15!

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days will have a driving school at Putnam Park Road Course August 13th-15th, 2004. We still have spaces available for rookies, intermediate and advanced drivers!! If you have any questions or doubts about putting your car on track give Courtney a call she will put your mind at ease!

What you get out of a Viper Days event:
**In-Car instruction
**Viper specific classroom with a power point presentation and in Viper Video
**Knowledge of all Vipers from 8 years of experience
**Nutrition classroom from world famous nutritionist to the stars Dr.Philip Goglia
**Advanced driving techniques classroom to get to the next level
**Great food
**Viper Days embroidered polo shirt
**Commerodery with other Viper Owners
**2 hours of "quality" and on time track time per day
**Viper Vendors on site to fix any problem you may have with your car
**Safety euqiptment sales-Michelin & Hoosier tire sales and support
**Dodge/SRT engineer on site at each event
**Saturday night sit down banquet with charity auction
**Trophies 3 deep in all 7 classes
and much, much more........

Let's not forget that Viper Days is offering 5 1/2 off coupons for first time Viper Days drivers!! Call now and reserve your spot before the 1/2 offs run out! 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney!

Viper Days, Inc.
www.viperdays.com

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is so much that Viper Days offers I have forgotten some other important items:

You can rent from Viper Days:
**SRT/4 Neon Rental
**2002 fully caged Neon Rental
**Competition Coupe Rental
**SRT/10 Hard top rental

www.viperdays.com

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search on V-TEN and read three stories about our Team's experiences at Viper Days. Our Team would be happy to mentor or help anyone needing assistance (tools, what little knowledge we have, and shade).

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a great learning event for new drivers and eperienced drivers alike - LOTS of track time - especially since those pesky red group (race) drivers won't be there....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...AND, as e-mailed to Ind/Ky Members recently:

" Reminder: Viper Days at Putnam Park in AUGUST (NOT SEPTEMBER)

The warm breezes of summer are great...but, EVEN BETTER is the fact that Viper Days in coming back to Putnam Park August 13, 14, and 15, 2004 !!!

There were several of you who asked me to "send out a reminder" a few weeks before the event as some wanted to sign up to run...and, several others wanted to take the Viper Days Driving School/Safety Course.

For those of you who are primary Ind/KY VCA Members for 2004, AND HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED in Viper Days in the Past, Ms. Courtney Thomas will give you a 50% discount on the FULL 2 day (Sat. and Sun.) Driving School...AND, the VCA Ind/Ky Region, Inc. will pay $100.00 ( Viper Days Driving School/Safety Course Subsidy) directly to Viper Days on your behalf. DO THE MATH...this brings the cost down to about a third of the advertised rate, all in the name of Viper driving safety. Two members have already taken advantage of this offer this year...SURELY, there are others who are interested. If so, please call Courtney ASAP at 1-847-594-8477 to start the sign up process.
As of today, there are also SLOTS AVAILABLE for you experienced drivers...call Courtney NOW to pick a day (or days !!!)...and/or to check on availability of car rental if you like. There are also HARD TOPS for RT/10's available at a nominal fee for this event.

By the way, if you do sign up as a first timer in the DrivingSchool/Safety Course...please LET ME KNOW...so that I can validate/activate your Safety Subsidy with our Treasurer.

Have fun, be safe,"

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
OK folks, only 4 more days til Putnam Park...should be a great time with great weather!!!

As in years past, The Ind/Ky Region will hold a brief meeting in the Tower at NOON on Saturday, Aug.14, 2004.

I've heard that there may be a few slots still open...to check, call Courtney ASAP...and, if you can't run, at least come out and see some VIPERS and Viper People.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days Driving School at Putnam Park this weekend still has space available in all classes!! For more information check out our web iste at www.viperdays.com or call Courtney for more specific questions or comments. 847-612-4335.

Hope to see you at the track!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the 2002 Fully Caged Neon available for NRL or Challange series only?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As I have had several location inquiries....

Putnam Park is located in Mt. Meridian, Ind...which is about 35 miles WEST of Indy... From Indy, take I 70 WEST to Exit 41, then follow Ind. 231 NORTH 5 miles to US 40, then turn EAST on US 40 and travel about 3 miles to Mt. Meridian. As you enter this town, there is a brown sign pointing the way to the Road Course)...turn SOUTH on 550E, and travel about 1 mile to this jewel of a road course. The concession stand will be in operation Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The regular monthly meeting for the Ind/Ky VCA Region will take place in the Tower at NOON (EST) on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2004.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putnam Park is one of my favorite tracks. It has a good rhythm, is very safe, and has great viewing for spectators. Take advantage of it if you can - there will be gobs of track time since the race group won't be there. Enjoy!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is so much that Viper Days offers I have forgotten some other important items:

You can rent from Viper Days:
**SRT/4 Neon Rental
**2002 fully caged Neon Rental
**Competition Coupe Rental
**SRT/10 Hard top rental

www.viperdays.com

CT - still waiting for a response. Is the 2002 Fully Caged Neon Rental available for the NRL or Challange only?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Run time, run time, run time...the "boys and girls" had a blast today... tomorrow and Sunday look GREAT as well, perfect weather and RUN TIME.

It is NOT too late...if you are in Ill, Mich., Ohio, Ky, etc...COME ON OUT and get some lap time !!!

Frank, I'll send you a number.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Courtney will answer my post next week regarding the Fully Caged Neon. Steve thanks for your help but its to late to plan the trip to putnam.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case anyone in charge is checking this thread over the weekend, any chance to get a Sunday-only in the Novice category? If so, please call me 847-736-7047
Thanks,
Manoj

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank - If you want to know - call. 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney! Their phone system has a "find them" option. If they are not available - leave a message. It's more reasonable that asking a question on the bulletin board.

Manoj -
I would guess there is room, s the racers are not there this weekend. - Call the above number and use the "Find them" option for Courtney. Leave a message if you need to.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Frank...I did speak with CT for you today.

Manoj...nice to speak with you...will look for you in AM

To all others: This has been a great couple of days...weather still perfect, EVERYONE so nice and helpful,
and the drivers are getting SO MUCH RUN TIME, they all looked BEAT by mid afternoon...and another great day planned for tomorrow...COME ON OUT !!!!!

P.S. Tom, I HOPE that you made it home OK, and that all is well with you and the family...and THANKS for all the HELP yesterday for our guys and gals !!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good to meet you guys, Manoj...You have a Fine Young Man as Crew Chief!!...plus a beautiful Viper.

Nice job driving on a new track, hope to see you all soon...and HOPE that you survived the LONG drive home last night.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Steve. You were a true gentleman. Very special thanks to Skip and Courtney also. I can't tell you what a great time we had at the track this weekend and how much I appreciate everyone's efforts to get my car up and running and in getting me squeezed in at the last minute. I'll post some pictures from my son's camera as soon as I can. I turned 1:27 on my last session--not too bad for a first timer with the Viper, I think? Everyone was terrific and I look forward to seeing you all in the Spring. Thanks again!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Manoj, you have expressed it well...WHAT A FANTASTIC GROUP !!

On behalf of our Ind /Ky Members I want to add a SPECIAL THANKS to The Thomas Family, Viper Days Staff, John Archer's Group, Bobby Archer's Group, Champion Dealer Group (DODGE...from Florence, KY), Putnam Park's Staff, and ALL of the Driving Teams that made this event such a wonderful success! Everyone offered to help everyone...be it the giving advice, parts, tools, and plain old hard work...all adding up to invaluable friendships, better/safer Viper driving, and FUN !!!

THANKS, ALL !!!!!!!

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned 1:27 on my last session--not too bad for a first timer with the Viper, I think?

Manoj, a 1:27 is excellent for your first time and in one day. This was my first weekend on a track as well and I finally got my time to 1:26 on my last run. Skip is more concerned with consistent times rather than fast times as that's a better indicator for improvement. We need to get more first-timers like us out to Viper Days since it's the best way to learn car control (in your own Viper!) Putnam Park is probably the best Viper Days track in the Midwest for beginners since there's not a lot of trouble. Hope I can attend next year.

Terry

Reaction score
Well, I didn't race the Viper but I did race my SRT-4 and turned my best lap in the second race of a 1.20.996 which puts well over half of the Vipers there behind me maybe more.

You Viper Gals and Guys need to do this, it's a must do, The Vipers Days people are the best, I have raced in many different associations and there is no comparison... Great time for all,,,smiles throughout the pits......

Anyone here owning one of the HARDEST vehicles to run(Viper) This is a MUST DO,,,,

Chris Adams if you see this post you are a gentleman and a great racer, he was in almost a pure stock car(mine heavily Modified) keeping me honest and we raced door handled to door handle for 3/4s of a lap WITHOUT TOUCHING,,,,,,,,, :eek:

thanks to:
Dr. Phil, no more early morning whatevers :eek:
All of the Viper Days group
Archer Racing and forces for the perfect car
and Steve Fess always there for us In/KY Viper owners

AGAIN PEOPLE DO THIS, after some instructions and laps you can toooooooooo have a smile on your face like everyone there................................. :2tu:

Sorry for having the Flu on Saturday, I will never be so sick again :p

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gary, for all the B.S. I give you per phone and face-to-face(in good fun !!!)...I have to say that you are a very impressive driver...your FIRST road course outing in a new car was very exciting to watch from the Tower...WOW...you have my R E S P E C T !

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Did you see those new CUSTOM GRAPHICS that one can order thru Viper Days??? Great for car, trailer, tow vehicle...LOW prices !!!

SammyV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in the graphics available thru Viper Days, but I can't seem to find it on their website! SammyV

SammyV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im interested the graphics available thru Viper Days, but I can't find it on their website! SammyV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte