Viper Days Driving School at Willow Spring, CA next weekend. Who is coming???

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days is excited to be back on the West coast for the next 2 events! Willow Springs in Southern Cal Sept 13 & 14 then Spring Mountain outside of Las Vegas Sept 27th & 28th.

Who is planning on attending either or both of those events??

Courtney Thomas
Viper Days, Inc

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended the Calabogie Viper Days event and would highly recomend it to everyone. It has a great atmosphere of fun and profesionalism. You get a ton of track time and will learn alot about the car and how to drive it better.

OP
OP
C

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have about 12 first time rookies coming to Willow Springs! Now we need the regulars to sign up! I will waive the late sign up fee and give the next 3 people that sign up the entire weekend for $450. Call now! 847-612-4335

Courtney Thomas
Viper Days, Inc.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stop taunting me!

Let's see..it's wednesday, I still have Thursday...no....stop...get this out of my mind.....make it stop!

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Catwood,

Peter aka Swisspower on the SoCal board is looking for someone to share a room with, something to consider since it will definitely help off-set the cost of fuel or new tires:drive:. Did you see the post by Dan about the Toyo 888 tires?

There now you have a few more variables to work with ;).

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In order to run for points and a trophy, IMHO the main reason for attending, you have to run PS1 or PS2 tires.

CT would need to clear up the rules on the class Matrix on the Toyo's. As I read those rule you may need a roll bar to run shaved race type tires. They rules state to run a "cup" tire then a roll bar is required. I have a street car (GTS) and no roll bar. I know the place Dan speaks of, I told him about it ;) and Sled had told me. OTR is running the following Wednesday so if I just wanted to track my car and save some money I'd probably do that.

But for me, Viperdays is different. It's a chance for some real bragging rights and as close to "true" competition as I'll get. A couple of years ago, Doug Dye and I went at it in each session. He'd lay down a fast lap, then me, then him...back and forth. I got beat by a small amount by that old fart.

The caliber of support if very good, in fact excellent, as compared to other HPDE track events. The fell of the weekend is very "race like". I've run willow a few times, I'd love to go...I just don't think a >$3000 weekend is in the cards.