Viper Drag racing coming to Columbus Sep 18

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bring out your snake for some fun heads up drag racing and National Trial in Hebron OH.

Four classes
and unlimited.

Open time runs in the morning, three qualifiers and then eliminations all on the same day.

Cash payout dependent on turnout.

Be happy to provide more info if you are interested..

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a few snakes from North Canada will be making the trip down to try out their new mods. An additional deal will be to develop a video for this race and make it available to everyone. If we can get enough attendance we are talking about a driver interview with the Viper/Vette owners to be included in the tape. If everything works out, portions of the race(s) will be shown on two shows on cable next year. Come on Viper guys and gals, not only do you get a chance to beat a Vette, but have a tape of it and maybe be seen on National TV in 05. Any questions, you can call me @ 419.499.6101. Thanks

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Norwalk is the same weekend. Is the Ohio VCA putting up a tent at Norwalk or are they going to Columbus.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a link to the new web site. http://www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html

The Vette's are coming so we really need a good Viper turn out. We WILL tape this race...it's your turn to kick some Vette asp and have it on tape. It looks like the 2002 ACR will coming with the new R/T package so everyone can see how the system works. Hope to see a good turn out. Pay outs can be pretty nice if we get a good car count. Hope to see everyone there.

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone coming???? The Video will be TV quality, typically using 4 to 6 cameras. 1Tony1, here is an opportunity to meet Ned and see how well the package is working first hand.

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's this about a final race? I thought there was another one in October and Ned was working on one at Atco, NJ in November? Anyone know? Now that my Z06 is finally ready there's only one more race left? :crazy:

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Z06 is ready ???

Yeah, baby!!! 1016 rwhp / 911 rwtq. I'm comin' for ya, Jeff :) ;)

I should be racing by middle or end of this week. I'll call you when I'm at e-town or Atco.

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul, I saw the dyno sheet. That is UNBELEIVABLE.

I am coming to Ohio with an extra suitcase, cause we are sendin some vipers packin!

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, sir! I just need to get some solid seat time between now and the 18th. I won't run full boost but hopefully it'll be more than enough to put a few cars on the trailer early :)

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the balls but I don't have the tires that would keep up with full boost :D I think ET Streets are gonna be no match for this car.

I'll call you if I go. Looks like rain for the entire week :mad:

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, this is the last race with the NSCA this year. The race later in the season though put on by Ned, isn't is this series. Did you get the clutch repaired in the snake? Looking forward to seeing the ZO6. See ya in Columbus.

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, Pat. Yeah, everything's in order with the snake. I'm coming up with the Z. I wish I had a stacker trailer so I could bring both cars :) See you then!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norwalk will not be the big OHIO VCA event this year, too close to VOI for any racer attendence. Ohio had it's big party in Columbus for the V10 Nationals in Aug. Several OHIO members will be attending the Norwalk Chrysler Classic but no tent or hospitality is planned.

Viper Racers are heading for Columbus which is the same weekend. Sept 18-19

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
pauls, where in columbus are the viper racers raicng?

Paul Z. did you say you are going to Ohio the race the 17th?

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
pauls, where in columbus are the viper racers raicng?

Paul Z. did you say you are going to Ohio the race the 17th?

Edgar, I'm planning on it but I'd hate to drive 10 hours each way and race against 5 slow *** Vettes :) I'm racing @ Capitol on Sunday so if the car stays together I'll try to make it up to Ohio. Do you have any clue who's planning to race?

C'mon Viper guys, sack up and show up!!

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul Z from the Vette side, it will be Jerry, Carter, Chris Young (11.50) and myself.

Ned says he has some customer vipers ready for the race and a nine second C4 so you may get some action

PaulS, sorry if I should know this but are you the fellow that runs another car in NSCA?

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edgar, they are coming. Ned sent me an e-mail saying the boys from up North were coming and maybe a few more. Looks like it's going to a good time. Hey maybe we can get your pretty mug presenting a trophy to a snake owner this time.

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pat don't over excite yourself. That is like saying that these snakes are fast but when you get them to the track......Oh wait, we can't get them to the track LOL

I will leave my car counting to Columbus

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pat don't over excite yourself. That is like saying that these snakes are fast but when you get them to the track......Oh wait, we can't get them to the track LOL

I will leave my car counting to Columbus

C'mon, Edgar, let's be fair. We had a great Viper turnout that other Friday at e-town. I was just a bit confused why only me and 3 other snakes staged. Was there a Zaino competition that night too? :)

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like at least two snakes with Mojo and Pauls set to go.

Finally we got us a race.

Washed the Vette today in preparation for my winner photo LOL

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the car packed and am ready to leave in the morning.

Hope to see you all there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte