Viper Drag Racing World Championships........

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone that came out today to one of the best turnouts that we have had at the Drag Strip. the Viper times ranged from 9.7-10.2 in the Unlimited Class. Once again Proving "DONT MESS WITH TEXAS" all women and children please go race somewhere else. I am sorry I just had to get that out. I am really sorry you guys from Florida did not show up, and choose to run the Slow Nationals by your reflecting times. scottP from SC, your room did get paid for by the Houston Viper Club for your no show. but I am glad you looked like a superstar with your 11.5 in Florida. I would like to thank Bill from Boston for driving down (in the Viper) to smell some of that Texas Air.
here are your winners. these are some of the best numbers that they ran...sorry I dont have all the info yet.

Stock Class
1) Jeff Helms 12.0
2) Chris Harris
3) Chip Hevemann

Modified 1
1)Brian Kolodziej
2)Wing King
3)SW

Modified 2
1) NORM K 10.8
2) Sean Ogburn 10.41
3) Jerry Rakin

Unlimited
1) Nick Fields TNT King Snake 9.7
2) Steve Ueligger Serpent 9.90
3) Mark H 10.2

Some Notes:Steve Ueligger Joined the other six Vipers in the TNT 9 second club!! Albert C burned his clutch out before this whole thing was over, other than that no other Vipers Broke. Get this the Sean Ogburn/Wilks duo ran a 10.41 in Mod2 Class on Radials!!!and Norm' Snake eyes one won Mod 2 on All Motor with a 10.8,LPE C5 ran the best time of the day during practice 9.6!!! but they ran out of tire and had to pack up and leave before qualifying. SW got top MPH honors at a 146.19 in his Z07, Mark H/Scott W got best reaction time of 5.09. I will post some more times for these guys soon, right now my brain is fried from this weekend. Another thank you goes out to Kingman "wingking" Hitz for proving that even our Road Racing cars in Texas kick *** on the Drag Strip. and thanks again Jim from NY for personally bringing down the Best Trophies I have ever seen!! for all of you that one please email me on Monday so I can mail you your Checks.
TAPES WILL BE ON SALE THIS WEEK, Viper Drag Racing World Championships Video $30 please call me or email for a copy! GREAT TIME EVERYONE!!!!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is I've not gotten into this smack talking between you guys and FL I don't like it. But get one thing clear President!!! My Viper may not be the quickest but it is the TOP DAWG/CEO! I don't need to come to TX to prove it I don't need to run a 9 to prove it. I certainly don't need to come to TX for ACTION...why??? Because anyone whose met me or hung out with me knows THE ACTION IS...WHERE I AM!

ScottP

Wow, I guess after that statement, you needed to show up!

"I don't need to come to TX to prove it I don't need to run a 9 to prove it. "

Yes you do...

SW

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW got top MPH honors at a 146.19 in his Z07,

The only Z07 I am familiar with is the C4, was this run in a vette?

Prashant,
The motto "put up or shut up" is supported, but a little diplomacy please ;) I see another thread on fire.

Greg
96 RT
00 GTS

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SCOTT P,HOWS THE HILLBILLY ACTION IN SC? GREAT I HOPE.OKAY LET ME GIVE U A BIG REBEL YELL....HEW HAW!...NOW THAT WE GOT THAT OVER WITH I JUST WANTED TO TELL U DOUG LEVIN IS A GREAT GUY AND EXCELLANT TUNER.YOU MY FRIEND ARE STILL WORKING IN THE MAIL ROOM.LAY DOWN THE NUMBER WITH YOUR SNAKE THEN U CAN BE PROMOTED TO CEO.BEST REGARDS!CAPS KOERNER

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look Scott P, NO big deal....I did make a mistake (SC), I spoke with Jason from Middle Tennessee a few weeks back and he just said that you said that "I would not miss it for the world". its ok don't worry about it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. but "thrown in the mix"? if you care about track numbers, we are the only show that counts. we are all ready to go anywhere in the US that any if any other club wants to host the next one. We all try very hard here and we take our Drag Racing to heart, After speaking with allot of people around here, they just feel offended when when you lay down the number and some other person from some other state feels like we are either BSing that # or just discrediting the run somehow. Was 11.5 not the best run of the day in Florida? maybe I was wrong.

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just in.....Albert C is the winner of the HardLuck award from JonB and Parts Rack. Jon Albert should be on the phone today asking about a clutch!

King of the Hill the Vipers won all three classes
Stock Jeff Helms ACR GTS
Mod2= Norm K/Scott W 700R
Unlimited = Nick Fields TNTKingSnake
I will post when I think of more stuff after watching the tapes

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashants suggestions that this becomes a "rotating" event is a good one. Since a large percent of the drag racers seem to be in FL, TX, (or one of the coasts), why not go back and forth between a few locations. The Houston region put a lot of effort into the event, and it showed. By having the event rotate, the "getting to the event" would be put equally on all participants. Maybe even find a nice neutral track, like the strip in Shreveport, LA? It is close to Dallas, Houston, and a "closer" to FL than San Antonio.

Downside? This is the time of year to lay down good times in TX, cool(er) air and all
smile.gif
It will be thougher to get top notch times in FL because of the hot/humid air....

Another option for next year, VOI!.... but NOT AS PART OF THE EVENT, maybe a day before or after the event, like Gary's Justin Bell School did last VOI. Everyone will be going there anyway, so the "getting there" issue will be null and void. By having it before or after VOI it will give a lot more runs, and only include those serious about drag racing their cars. Sponsorship and support should be strong, and I'd bet we would able to hook up with a portable Dyno people and owners could pay to run their cars so their could be a "dyno champ" as well.

Any other ideas?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good compromise. VOI is in Detroit next time, right? Milan Dragway is close and Norwalk is only 80 miles from there. We need to attrack more of the stock or mildly modified cars. After all there is only a dozen unlimited cars that come to race. Where ever the location it's going to be tough to get permission to run the unlimited cars within track rules. Your going to be looking at an IHRA or independent track for sure.
All the central locations are NHRA, Memphis, St Louis, Atlanta which will not let Vipers run in the nines.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, I think that's a great idea. If there can be a Viper Days event on the Monday after all the VOI's, then why can't there be a big drag racing bash? There's just not enough time or opportunity to do it as part of the regular VOI drag racing activities.

Prashant, congratulations on hosting a fantastic event, and kudos to your assistant, Laura, as well. I've never been to a club oriented drag racing event where the grandstands were so full. The lines were so long at the concession building that I never even got lunch until around 3pm, and even then it was only because Wayne Byrom's entourage did a food run for me between elimination rounds!

I'll try to get the pictures from the Saturday night party on the Riverwalk (and our Hummer stretch limo) developed as soon as I can. I also want one of those videos your film crew was shooting at the track, so I'm sending a check tomorrow.

Bill, thanks for coming from as far away as Boston to race and have fun with us. Ellison, dude, I luv ya! Jeff's new nickname is "Sammy Haggar" Ellison, courtesy of the headliner at the comedy club that night. AND, man, that was DEFINITELY the best meal I've ever had with you at a race!!!!..... of course, our two hot "tablemates" probably DID have a little something to do with that!
laugh.gif

Again, thanks so much for such a well run event. No wonder the track wants us all back in the future. Things worked out VERY well for this ol' road racer (although at times I felt like I had brought a knife to a gunfight!)..... and heck, I didn't even hafta use the extra "bail money" I brought just in case!!!!
smile.gif

patriotx.gif

Reaction score
Here is the run down from the last week.

Jim and Scott drove from New York, we spent many hours on Jims car to try and get it ready for the race. With several problems with his rear end, transmission, etc... he was out.

Mark H. had been working on several adjustments but didnt have time to fine tune his car

We felt like we were ready since we had the power we were looking for. We made 821 RWHP and 930 Torque with the bottle pressure at 900. But overlooked the simple stuff like the clutch that we have been using for over a year. We made several runs spraying Dr. Pepper on the clutch and flywheel to try and make it stick, but after a 10.10 pass we were done. Clutch wouldnt hold. We even had to push the car up the trailer.

Steve U. Congrats on the super run into the 9's.

David W. made a 10.41 pass on radials which was very Impressive.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LARRY,BLS SISTER DROVE THE CAR FOR ME I THOUGHT U KNEW ABOUT THAT.THE TRACK WAS PREPPED WITH PLENTY OF VHT BUT THE TEXAS HEAT TOOK IT TOLL ON LOWERING ETS IN THE AFTER NOON.THE CAR WILL RUN A 10.2 ON MOTOR GIVEN IDEAL CONDITIONS.THE 427 TT C5 AUTO LPE PIG FARMERS SPECIAL IS OWNED BY THE GOOD OLE BOYS FROM FT.WORTH,TX.THE SAME FOLKS THAT STARRED IN THE ORIGINAL BLUES BROTHER MOVIE.ITS NOT MY CAR.YOU MISSED ONE GREAT EVENT!BEST REGARDS! CAPS KOERNER

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, how about the details in each class? ETs, who beat who, What happened to Nase? How many cars in unlimited?

Reaction score
Only 5 cars made it to the unlimited class. Nase broke before the show and Jim needed a rear end and transmission. My clutch was fried the first pass, but still ran a 10.10. Sam Sloan ran a 10.50, Mark H ran a 10.20, Steve U. Ran a 9.90, and Nick F. ran his best pass of the day at a 9.76

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck,
Here is some more info
Jeff Helms won the stock class with a 12.07 run beating out Chris Harris from Austin.
the Final King of the Hill would have been one for the books but SW's ZO7 broke at the line and Nicks King Snake got the easy win.
they had both run a 9.7 passes earlier in the day. Mod2 class had Norm K's 700R all motor win with a 10.80 as Sean Ogburn/wilks combo had problems in the final (Ogburn had run a 10.41 the round before) Mod 1 Class was won by Brain Kolodziej out of San Antonio Texas, He beat out Wing King in the Final. over all the Vipers took down the Vettes. if you want all the details get the Video....and King I need some pictures of that Hummer Limo we all got a ride to dinner in....anybody wants to talk about the next event (anywhere) please feel free to email me.. thanks again

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
This just in.....Albert C is the winner of the HardLuck award from JonB and Parts Rack. Jon Albert should be on the phone today asking about a clutch! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CONGRATS to all participants, and $100 off your next PartsRack Order to Albert "Clobbered" Chlouber for his baaaad luck.

Reaction score
Amen Texas -
You guys did well! Reading about your event shows competition at it's finest. I'm proud of you guys running low ET's as well as accepting your fate with the end of the day results. I certainly wish I could have attended both events. Although, we did kick-around crashing your Viper/Vette party
smile.gif
, our original event was scheduled over a month prior to yours, but as usual the weather postponed it the day before.

Regards,
Doug

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys I got the Prize money split up.. for those of you who won trophies...and you know who you are. email me and I will send you the check ASAP. I want to thank all of you for giving me another day to figure the numbers. I have never worked a day like yesterday in my life!! Doug I wish you guys would have crashed our party...It would have made it even more interesting...but then again I don't think you know about the stories that came about late Saturday night.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doug. I read Prashants message completely different than you did. I think he truely wishes ya'll were here to race. As for the Saturday night stories.................they are all lies! Don't believe them! Right guys?
embarass.gif
embarass.gif
embarass.gif

Reaction score
Glad to hear it all went well for you guys. Prashant always puts on a great show. Sorry to hear about Scott P he has one mean looking ride. I'll talk to you later on Prashant. Sorry I did not come Jeff Ellison or I would have bought 1o pounds of BB-Q for you. Next time, theres always next time.
laugh.gif

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug you did read me all wrong...I really did wish you guys could have come. I think Saturday we all got too drunk on the riverwalk and I was referring to some crazy things that took place later that night. Trust me I was suffering all day Sunday from a hangover.
John to answer you question... yes the LPE did have the best E.T. of the day, but that was during practice and not while qualifying or Heads up racing. according to them they "ran out of tire" and had to withdraw from the racing. but MAN WHAT A CAR!!

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't the stock looking/sounding no-NOS LINGENFELTER TWIN-TURBO C-5 Corvette have the low ET (9.69) of the weekend?

Yes it did, but it got slower every pass after that. I think the non twin-turbo(427) car(MTI ZO7) had the highest mph and ran consistant 9's to win the fastest Vette title.
tongue.gif

SW

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once again Bill, it was great having you. you should have seen my face when I realized that you had drivin your Viper cross country to come to check us out. I do have to agree about the Ladies.. and Hot Texas Sun? man you are from Boston..the high that day was only 82
laugh.gif

have a safe trip home

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant, just wanted to say thank you for putting on a great event. I really enjoyed your "workers", they were very nice.. Anyway, it was a typical Texas meet, pretty girls, pretty weather and all around nice people.

SW

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse me while I thank a few people.

Prashant - Super event as always. Who was the tall blonde with curly hair? WOW!

Roy, Joe, and Nick at TNT - That is one hell of a beast you put together for me.

Albert, Doug, and nearly every Viper and Vette driver at RCR - Thanks for the congrats.

Sam - I hated to do that to a friend. Save me a set of those Dilusi brakes. It's time to hit the road course.

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, Which one? I had an all Female staff...you have to be more particular than that
laugh.gif

Hey nice comeback SW
BURNOUT.gif

and Steve those numbers look great next to your car...I know you are still smiling.