Viper Exhaust Poll - which exhaust do you have?

Which aftermarket exhaust do you have?

• Borla

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Corsa

Votes: 71 42.5%
  • B&B

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Belanger

Votes: 21 12.6%
  • Mopar

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 29 17.4%

• Total voters

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading over all of the Viper exhaust threads lately and started wondering which exhaust is owned by most Viper owners(Corsa, B&B, Belanger, Mopar, Borla or something else?)

Which exhaust do you have?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the point of this thread to cure you curiosity bug or to aid you in selecting an exhaust for a viper????

Perhaps there is no point at all. :dunno:

:usa:

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the point of this thread to cure you curiosity bug or to aid you in selecting an exhaust for a viper????

Perhaps there is no point at all. :dunno:

:usa:

I've used the search and have read nearly every exhaust post on this site from 2004 on. Most threads include messages about one exhaust sounding better or that one exhaust has better build-quality than another, or one drones and one doesn't, etc., etc., but this doesn't always mean that a purchase was made.

The point is to see which after-market exhaust is most popular based upon which exhaust more owners have actually PURCHASED.

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar Catless 3 inch system with Mopar Pcm. Noticeable seat of the pants increase and of course louder but not too loud for my taste. But my other car is a Hot Rod too!!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
06blueviper: What Viper do you own? If you are an owner, PM your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts, or kcobean to upgrade you to VIPER OWNER...join the VCA and you can utilize the illustrateds, get more info on the exhaust systems. We put the Corsa Track Cat-Back Exhaust on our '05...absolutely LOVED the sound (of course, it had B&B headers too though! :)) ~juli

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
06blueviper: What Viper do you own? If you are an owner, PM your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts, or kcobean to upgrade you to VIPER OWNER...join the VCA and you can utilize the illustrateds, get more info on the exhaust systems. We put the Corsa Track Cat-Back Exhaust on our '05...absolutely LOVED the sound (of course, it had B&B headers too though! :)) ~juli

Thanks Juli. I see that Corsa is very popular! I own a 2006 Blue Viper - will PM my VIN as you suggested.

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never would have ditched my '08 OEM exhaust, but for a 40+ rwhp bump from Belanger, what a deal. The added exhaust note, a secondary benefit, adds to the car's personality/bite. I still can't get over having a NA engine that puts down about 600 rwhp (w. offroad PCM). This most likely is the pinnacle of :usa:muscle/HP performance. I'm truely blessed:)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Random tech 3"cats and CatBack for the sound. I find it deeper than most other systems. It gives it more of a muscle car sound. Now with that said, it means NOTHING to you since I have a '99 and you have an '06!

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Borla catback and it definitely sounds much meaner than stock. It does drone at certain RPM ranges as others have said, but it doesn't bother me at all. I'm guessing that it would probably bother my passengers who aren't accustomed to the sound more than me.

I like the deep growl of the Borla because it reminds me of the stock sound of the Viper, but deeper, louder and meaner. The burble/pop sounds is also more pronounced. I've also noticed that cabin heat has been reduced slightly, which was my main goal of getting an aftermarket exhaust.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. New here.

Also, I am the new owner of an '05 Copperhead.

I was wondering if any performance exhaust will help with the cabin heat, or are some better than others. I know it will be hard to quantify without a true side-by-side comp, but there is always some guy on these boards that knows more than Chrysler themselves, about the car, and can lend a good answer.

I am partial to Borla, but if one is superior for lowering the toasty seats, on long rides, I'd go with that.

Thanks!

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Belanger headers, modified/shortened cats, Borla catback. I've never heard a better sounding Viper.

Gives a nice, deep rumble at idle and a tuned roar at WOT.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa cat back. Ditching the cats in the next couple weeks.

Would happily trade my Corsa system for a Borla though. The Corsa is too high pitched for my tastes. If anyone wants to make a trade, PM me.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3" Corsa Track attached to Random-Tech cats.

same here, love it!

although I KINDA wish it was a BIT louder:D

I noticed the interior is much cooler with the high flow cats:2tu:we like that!

I currently have a stock exhaust (muffler delete only) on my '01 RT/10 and I'm wanting throaty and louder...I don't care if it is a little obnoxious...I like being a little obnoxious. I want the throaty/rumbling/louder exhaust note at idle and WOT...and of course a throaty rumble/gurgle on decel.

I talked to JonB and I've read a LOT of threads on this topic. The easy answer that I keep getting is '3" Corsa Track attached to Random-Tech cats.'

My gut feeling is what Leslie is stating, that it won't be loud enough. From my research...maybe adding Belanger headers to the mix would do the job.

Is there much difference in Random-Tech and ROE hi-flo cats?

I'm thinking that I might do the 3" Corsa Track and hi-flo cats first...and then add the Belanger headers if the sound is not up to *****.

It's really hard doing the research since a lot of posters don't give enough information about their viper and preferences. They mostly state...'I like blah, blah, blah.'...but then you have no idea what other mods they have or even what year their talking about.

I've listened the manufacturers' website sound clips (Corsa, Borla, B&B) and I've heard a lot of the YouTube clips. Most of these clips are of idle (with revving) or a burnout...I'd like to hear a drive-by with a decel. But again, I'm not convinced that I've gotten enough feedback from these sources to make a educated decision.

Does anybody out there have sound clips (idle, idle with revving, drive by, WOT, decel) of a GEN II with 3" Corsa Track and hi-flo cats? Maybe also with aftermarket headers (Belanger)?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One big thing to consider is that there are different systems that are more loved for different generations of cars. The early Borla systems, for example, seem to be liked a lot for Gen II cars. I've heard that Corsa is the cat back to get for Gen III and IV cars. There are all kinds of different high-flow cats out there, and I'm a bit in the dark as to what the 'best' choice is.

With all the different ways to configure an exhaust, there really doesn't seem to be a true consensus on what is the best. On my incoming Gen IV, I plan to do high-flow cats and a Corsa cat-back (along with new PCM) - and would love to do headers, but I worry about them passing smog. If someone came out with a CARB listed set of headers like Edelbrock did for the Gen I and II cars, that would make the header decision a lot easier.

If someone came out with a bolt-in header/cat/cat-back system that was 50-state smog legal and performed like the Bellanger/Roe/Corsa combo, I'd be all over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960