Viper F1

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic so many F1 enthusiasts here, it really is another world. One of the things I'm looking forwards to, once this is up and running, is giving car people the chance to see an F1 up close and personal at no cost, sit in and have a smile etc, that's whats life's all about. I was lucky enough to see them race at Silverstone over here (as was on the medical team and got tickets a couple of years) but yes it is soooo expensive, and you can't ever really get close to the cars. When Brawn bought Honda F1 they sold off a bunch of stuff over here in 2009. I'll scale the car soon, but I just know I'm not going to like what I see rearwards, its going to be about 300-500lbs more than ideal. I'm told they push as it is, until you have the b*lls to drive them fast enough for the aero to come into effect, then suddenly you get a few G of grip in the turn! Of course for the 1/4 mile and standing mile, burn outs and all, it might be advantageous, because I'm going to be sure to see what this baby can do on every kind of track, just as I did with my Beloved GTS a decade ago :2tu:

Bill you never fail to make me laugh, tell Mark thats your heads on there, I like to do you proud in USA :)

I leave you with a pic of inside the 100L the gas tank, there's zippers and velcro in there :omg:

You must be registered for see images attach

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F1 rules since 2007 (?) required engines to be 95 kg (209 lbs.) According to Wikipedia, gen 3 Viper engines are 500 lbs. Hey, a little more front roll stiffness and all will be well!

Can you find tires in the size you want? Those are oddly small 15" or so diameter?

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you a right on Tom, I think around 300lbs excess rear, as the 100lb Hewland trans sits the gear cluster out to the rear, but fits up and can be stressed, with out extending the wheel base much. I will scale with the Viper set up, and then scale with 200lb engine ballast and the F1 carbon housing trans...then think and laugh hysterically!! Tyres, no probs Avon (AKA Cooper) tyres are down the road from me and have allready offered me a deal (I don't think they know of my driving style :rolaugh: ) they are 13" OD rims, and tyre OD is much they same as Viper 26-27" the tyre wall acts as some spring for the car.

Reaction score
Very Cool!

Here's some pix of Lamborghini's F1 car raced many years ago. The headers are interesting and may pass some fabrication ideas your way. Notice the name on the valve covers ;)

LamboF1-5.jpg

LamboF1-3.jpg

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ohh that poor Red Viper in the corner .... looks so cramped and forgotten!

When I first saw the picture - I thought it was a photoshop - that is until I looked at the avatar and saw the awesome Nadine burnout!

Way cool - look forward to seeing the progress.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96