VIPER / Ferarri war at Pocono May 2nd

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ferarri Club, Northeast region is having a track event on May 2nd at
Pocono Raceway. This event is open to all Viper owners. The specific details
is available at their website www.focner.com

I spoke with Richard Heyderman (908-412-9908, ext 102) from the FOC/NER and he said they would waive the $100 late registration fee for this event.

This is a fantastic event and a chance to run against some of the most beautiful
and fastest cars in the world. It's especially fun to view these cars from your rear view mirror. :cool:

Cost of this event I believe in $295 and includes breakfast and lunch

Ed Budriss

DC VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
andrew2krt10 who did you have do your tech inspection???
can you do it yourself? Strongly considering going. I no my car is fine it only has 1000 mile on it and 1 quater mile event. please drop me a line if you can Thanks
MK

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MK:
It gets taken care of right there. The event is very well organized, and worth the money.
The line for the tech inspection gets long quick. Remember this is not just Ferarris and Vipers, but Vettes and any other specialty car that the Ferarri club felt like inviting. The term invitation always made me laugh. They want as many people as posible to enter in order cover expenses. Even though the Driver's meeting doesn't usually start @ 7:30 as planned, and usually starts @ 8, I still plan to be at the track by at least 7 to unload my car and get organized.

See you there.

Andrew

DC VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew! Look forward to seeing you there? DO you know where the unofficial breakfast before the meet is??? I will probably drive down there Thurs PM and stay at the hotel referred to in on the entry form.
Thanks
MK

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is usually some snacks in a room before the driver's meting. No special breakfast. I'd eat before hand if I were you, or bring something. I'm going out early Friday morning.

Course: Enter at end of pits, into turn one, back straight, turn 2, then into the infeild, out almost at the begining of front straight, long drag race to turn one.

Andrew

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a great time everybody. Wish I could be there but I'll be out of town. Please post info on how things went after the event.

Phil

OP
OP
V

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weathermen should be held responsible for their forecasts! The forecast was not looking to good the night before. However, friday was overcast most of the day but NO RAIN, in the afternoon the sun appeared and it turned out to be a good race day. The only disappointment on the day was only 2 Vipers showed up.
What a shame! I remember 2 years ago when about 10-12 Vipers showed up and it was truley Viper/Ferarri Wars. Having got that off my chest it was still a good day, saw some beautiful ferarris and even spanked a few. We got six 25 minute run sessions in on the day.

Fast Eddie

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, me and Ed B. Had a great time. only one small incident of an F-40 that went off course and cracked up the front spoiler. Only a smal amount of rain drops twice that didn't even make it to the ground. Weather was cool and partly sunny.

I stopped in Jersey on the way back and left my car with East Coast Supercharging to have NX System installed. Couldn't resist.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX