Viper GTS for sale

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh...now is it our turn to wish YOU luck with the sale? Hope it works out for you, and maybe fate IS telling you something... :smirk:

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh...now is it our turn to wish YOU luck with the sale? Hope it works out for you, and maybe fate IS telling you something... :smirk:

Just might be. Need to clean my ears out.

Bigger garage.

HA! Love that suggestion. Was looking at lifts, and this is a point in favor of the 4 post for sure.

Sell one of your other toys ;) ---

Well, this came with great difficulty. I've just had the Viper awhile, and could see it being cherished by another sooner than the others. All are replacable though!

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is turning into a joke. I get two "offers" on the car post auction. Accept the high one ($42k). A day later, that child gives me the 27 reasons he can't quite do it.

Then a back up offer - not a child - makes an offer "good as a handshake" he says. Then he weasels himself into a sputtering denial of the offer. This is why I'm a) NOT in the car business and b) VERY understanding of car dealers who have to deal with this crud regularly. Sorry, had to vent.

Here it is in Classifieds http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=5819

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It said the ad is not yet approved! I sold a car when I had to make room for the Viper (1 1/2 years ago) but I had one of my computer guys put it on ebay & I took all the questions, phone calls, etc... I don't see how people do that kind of stuff day to day. I definitely learned quite a bit about who's the scammers & who's not (they're about 9 out of every 10). I bet you got pretty excited when that first one was gonna give you $42k didn't you (it's usually NEVER that easy) Good Luck with your sale! jmo

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt, says 'approved' now (at least on my end.)

Experts on this board said 42-45k, so I figured this was a good value on an unusually nice car. Thankfully, the money is becoming secondary to dealing with a person who can follow through! Making me rethink some things.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my blue and white '97 in the classifieds for a few weeks and the experience has been pretty much a joke.
Guys offering 10K less, guys in love with it but just seem to come up short in the finances and guys with convoluted schemes to come up with the money for a car they obviously can't afford.

If a pristine blue and white GTS with only 15K on the clock is a tough sell its a sloooooowwwww time to be selling Gen 2's.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like one of the best unmolested Vipers I've seen in a long time. I gotta wish you bad luck with the sale because I'd hate to see somebody buy it then destroy it with some stupid type "upgrades."

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt, says 'approved' now (at least on my end.)

Experts on this board said 42-45k, so I figured this was a good value on an unusually nice car. Thankfully, the money is becoming secondary to dealing with a person who can follow through! Making me rethink some things.
777, Yep now you're Good to Go! Your car is Beautiful, to me they're at their best late in the evening around dusk & the sun's starting to set & you catch that Steel Gray at A certain angle & to me there's Nothing Like it! jmo

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, $42-$45K is on the high side for a 2000. It may take a while to find the right buyer, but don't give it away either. GLWS. :2tu:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd pass on a 2000 because it has the creampuff motor (just my personal opinion-I don't need your feedback) and no ABS...like on a 2001. Vipers are a very select market, and people usually know exactly what they want when they drop that kind of coin on a weekend toy. Your color is rare and unique, so that's a plus and first time buyers may not be as concerned about the internals and brakes. If I were to get another one it would be a 2001, 2002 or Gen IV, but that decision is based on 7 years of driving a Viper that has a tendency to lock up the front brakes and flat-spot tires. My father loves the Steel Gray, so I know there are people out there looking for your exact car...just be patient.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like one of the best unmolested Vipers I've seen in a long time. I gotta wish you bad luck with the sale because I'd hate to see somebody buy it then destroy it with some stupid type "upgrades."

Thanks Chuck! I may take your 'bad luck' suggestion to heart. Just got a call from the dealer than my oil service is done and "needs nothing else".

777, Yep now you're Good to Go! Your car is Beautiful, to me they're at their best late in the evening around dusk & the sun's starting to set & you catch that Steel Gray at A certain angle & to me there's Nothing Like it! jmo

Thanks. That color does wonders.

I'd pass on a 2000 because it has the creampuff motor (just my personal opinion-I don't need your feedback) and no ABS...like on a 2001. Vipers are a very select market, and people usually know exactly what they want when they drop that kind of coin on a weekend toy. Your color is rare and unique, so that's a plus and first time buyers may not be as concerned about the internals and brakes. If I were to get another one it would be a 2001, 2002 or Gen IV, but that decision is based on 7 years of driving a Viper that has a tendency to lock up the front brakes and flat-spot tires. My father loves the Steel Gray, so I know there are people out there looking for your exact car...just be patient.

Maybe get your father to post.

Just keep in mind, $42-$45K is on the high side for a 2000. It may take a while to find the right buyer, but don't give it away either. GLWS. :2tu:

This car is on the high side of 2000s, so seems to work!

The right buyer is out there... just gotta find him.
Beautiful car!

Thanks. I agree.

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just speaking from someone who just purchased a viper (2001 saphire / cognac 26000 miles ) the buyer has a lot of options right now. My seller was a very nice guy and was trying to get 35000$ and I offered 31000$ he refused so I watched his auction on eBay and bid on it and ended up getting it for 30301$ go figure! Seems like the gen 2 gts are getting about 5- 7 thousand more than like my rt and I looked at everyone gen2 that was for sale. The point is if someone is serious with a fair offer take it ,the sport car market is very flat now ,or hold on to it and do not let someone feel like me ( I robbed mine he he!)

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just speaking from someone who just purchased a viper (2001 saphire / cognac 26000 miles ) the buyer has a lot of options right now. My seller was a very nice guy and was trying to get 35000$ and I offered 31000$ he refused so I watched his auction on eBay and bid on it and ended up getting it for 30301$ go figure! Seems like the gen 2 gts are getting about 5- 7 thousand more than like my rt and I looked at everyone gen2 that was for sale. The point is if someone is serious with a fair offer take it ,the sport car market is very flat now ,or hold on to it and do not let someone feel like me ( I robbed mine he he!)

Yes you DID rob yours! I'm in no hurry to sell, so not exactly motivated to set a new low sales price. In a small way, desperate discounting does a disservice to the cars, the supporters, the market value in general. I've got a couple serious prospects at fair market, so we'll see what happens.

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the cars are selling to low I also believe that they have to rise at some point considering the amount built of them and how many that have been totaled,but who knows how long that will take? Good luck with your car it's beautiful .

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the cars are selling to low I also believe that they have to rise at some point considering the amount built of them and how many that have been totaled,but who knows how long that will take? Good luck with your car it's beautiful .

Thanks for that. People have responded very well to the color and condition of this car. Drove it for the first time in a while yesterday and got a few thumbs up. People love Vipers; there's just something about the shape, the presence.

In time, the market will change positively toward a 190mph, limited production, American legend and multi-LeMans winner that is just 'too cheap' in a world of $100k cars with comparable (or even lesser) specs and history. Just noticed the SCM Price Guide shows Viper GTS to be 'up' 2% over last quarter. I don't think price guides are like the stock market, but they DO reflect a positive or negative trend.

Your chance here :) http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=5819

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car looks fantastic. If I had things my way I'd own more than one. you're spot on with the collectability of these vehicles.

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited: