viper in the twisties giving me the butterflies! haaaaaaaaaa

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D0jchg4uog[/media]

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So you "ghetto'd" up your Voodoo and then sped the video up for the driving part. 3 min of my life I will never get back.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3/4 of video driving around parking lot and medians...riveting...
Scorsese you're not.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3/4 of video driving around parking lot and medians...riveting...
Scorsese you're not.

Yea! He should have gone to mexico on a close course and rip a 200MPH pass. Better yet hire some babes and park the car! You guys are brutal!

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didnt mind the parking lot driving or revving. Got a chance to hear the beast. However, it was pretty obvious that the camera was sped up going through the twisties. I would love to see the real time video of the twisties, it would be better then the sped up version.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt mind the parking lot driving or revving. Got a chance to hear the beast. However, it was pretty obvious that the camera was sped up going through the twisties. I would love to see the real time video of the twisties, it would be better then the sped up version.

You mean it was a fraud? I take it all back!!!:lmao:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ACR is not this gentleman's car , but a very avid owner who traded in a ZR1 and loves his Viper. This same video was shown almost 8 months ago to rave reviews on this website , and helped us, frankly, sell out of Vooodoos. Owner is currently over in the Middle East and will likely be back to cruise through the Mountains of Arizona fairly soon.

Pretty funny how seperated by a few months we get critical about something that was very period correct when the Vooodoos hit Dealerships. Forgeline rims are a long way from Ghetto in my estimation, but the whole theme of this video was a convert coming over to the SRT10 side and defining how much better the Viper was over a Chebby.

Not a Spielberg piece as noted, just a guy infatuated with his new acquisition who wanted to share.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is not this gentleman's car , but a very avid owner who traded in a ZR1 and loves his Viper. This same video was shown almost 8 months ago to rave reviews on this website , and helped us, frankly, sell out of Vooodoos. Owner is currently over in the Middle East and will likely be back to cruise through the Mountains of Arizona fairly soon.

Pretty funny how seperated by a few months we get critical about something that was very period correct when the Vooodoos hit Dealerships. Forgeline rims are a long way from Ghetto in my estimation, but the whole theme of this video was a convert coming over to the SRT10 side and defining how much better the Viper was over a Chebby.

Not a Spielberg piece as noted, just a guy infatuated with his new acquisition who wanted to share.

Come to Houston, and see what types of wheels ghetto people love. They used to love chrome, some still do, but they really loved blacked out wheels and pin stripes. So if ghetto people love something --> Ipso Facto --> It's ghetto :D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty funny how seperated by a few months we get critical about something that was very period correct when the Vooodoos hit Dealerships
Well, as I've noticed on this board, there's always someone that takes anything as an opportunity to smash something. I don't know, maybe it makes them feel better or gives them the feeling of power? But then, when that genie is out of the bottle there will be other "dogs" that want to jump on. It's sad, and the only thing I don't like about coming here.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Typical forum lemming mentality. It happens all over, especially bad with technical advice where everyone jumps on the latest fad even if they don't have first hand experience.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you "ghetto'd" up your Voodoo and then sped the video up for the driving part. 3 min of my life I will never get back.

Amen!
Keep it real dude, the car is cool enough as it is.
And speeding up the video just makes it look like you can't drive.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are tough. For a do-it-yourself video that wasn't bad at all. It showcased the Viper very well. Academy Award? No, Neat Viper Video, Yes.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR is not this gentleman's car , but a very avid owner who traded in a ZR1 and loves his Viper. This same video was shown almost 8 months ago to rave reviews on this website , and helped us, frankly, sell out of Vooodoos. Owner is currently over in the Middle East and will likely be back to cruise through the "Mountains of Arizona" fairly soon.

I could be wrong,,but the video looks like it was filmed on the highway to the top of Mt. Lemon, near Tucson? It is a good test of driving skills,,,,yet the best one in Arizona is the U.S. 191 highway, formerly known as the Devil's Highway Route 666. Going up or down is a formal challenge to any driver pushing the limits. From 10,000 feet of elevation, down to the desert floor,,,must be over 1,000 twisties to navagate along with one 5 mile, flat, wide open plateau to test top end. Those who have driven the Devil's Highway and the Tail of the Dragon trail,,say the Dragon is 'kiddie level' compared to the 666 road.

Bill,,,have this person test out and film the Arizona Devil's Highway 666. We all would enjoy seeing that footage :2tu:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the car looks bad at all. The beginning is little long, but the just wants to show off his new car that he's proud of.

The problem I have is the speeding up of the camera to make it look like he's going faster than he really is.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PureZen,

Pretty sure he was on Mt. Lemon, as others seemed to know the road he was on when this came out in 2010. Heck, heard about that drive clear up here in Nebraska from some other folks we have sold in Arizona. Sounds like an outing the Arizona VCA should take and shoot a bunch of photos. :2tu:

F

FrgMstr

I was looking for my stick that I left here. I am pretty sure that I will not find it considering it has obviously been shoved up someone's butt.

OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is indeed not my car! wish it was though, or better yet i would love a SSG ACR! too bad the fiancee would not agree to another viper :(

till then i shall watch this vid in fastfoward x 2 so it'll be even faster in the twisties!

:headbang:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Owner is currently over in the Middle East and will likely be back to cruise through the Mountains of Arizona fairly soon.

So is he gonna speed that video up too so that it looks like he is going fast?.

I actually liked the rims...it's the "**** daddy" window tint that I was commenting on.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I had no idea my vid was posted here. I was just messing around in Sony Vegas Movie Studio trying to put something together from old footage I have on my hdd. Yes, the end of that video shows me cruising Mt. Lemmon and I sped up the video because I wanted to keep the project size short. No I wasn't recklessly speeding or crossing over the double-yellow.

The wheels are HRE Comp series in OEM sizes... never heard them called "ghetto" before (damn, I knew I should have went with 22" chromes!). I was thinking about uploading the entire video of Mt. Lemmon drive but I'd still have to speed up the film to keep the file size & length down.

Last edited:

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea my vid was posted here. I was just messing around in Sony Vegas Movie Studio trying to put something together from old footage I have on my hdd. Yes, the end of that video shows me cruising Mt. Lemmon and I sped up the video because I wanted to keep the project size short. No I wasn't recklessly speeding or crossing over the double-yellow.

The wheels are HRE Comp series in OEM sizes... never heard them called "ghetto" before. I was thinking about uploading the entire video of Mt. Lemmon drive but I'd still have to speed up the film to keep the file size & length down.

Thats BS pal... Changing the speeed of film had nothing to do with that size of that film. Anyone who knows anything about video will confirm that, especially with all that bull**** driving in circles prerequisite...You should have cut that out and kept the real time road twisting video speed.. It would have made a much more believeable story to publish two videos..BUSTED ... Not impressed with the drive.. However, love the car..I predict if you really came down that road at that speed you would have s**t you pants and lost control..IMO..However, there is no doubt in my mind that the car could handle it..

Last edited:

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats BS pal... Changing the speeed of film had nothing to do with that size of that film. Anyone who knows anything about video will confirm that, especially with all that bull**** driving in circles prerequisite...You should have cut that out and kept the real time road twisting video speed.. It would have made a much more believeable story to publish two videos..BUSTED ... Not impressed with the drive.. However, love the car..I predict if you really came down that road at that speed you would have s**t you pants and lost control..IMO..However, there is no doubt in my mind that the car could handle it..

First of all, that video was more for people to hear the exhaust sound than it was about driving Mt Lemmon. Had I kept the Mt Lemmon footage at normal speed, it would have increased the length & file size. Please explain how having a much longer video will not effect the file size! Again, Mt Lemmon drive at the end was just a clip that I added and wasn't supposed to be the focus... never knew some of you take amateur youtube videos so seriously. That drive was "cruising" Mt Lemmon on a nice day, not a Time Attack run.

You're posting like someone has tried to trick you or cheat you. I thought it was obvious the video had been sped up, now I know to make sure to clearly mark it next time because Youtube is serious business.

Last edited:

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Original video removed and replaced with this one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdqjH9xP90M[/media]

I think I did a better job with the new one and I didn't have to increase the playback speed. :eater:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery