Viper in Trans Am next season.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Tommy Archer will race a Viper next season in Trans Am. Anyone know more about this?

Also understand that Trans Am formula will be more 'production-car-based' next year, as well (a return to its origins maybe?).

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last I knew, the Grand Am regs were severely against Vipers. mostly due to their win record. It might be very interesting to watch.

Wasn't someone on the old board planning on running in Grand Am as well?

OP
OP
T

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Restrictions? How 'bout two less cylinders. Caldwell will build V-8 for Trans-Am Viper.

OP
OP
T

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd seen some pics of a few of next year's t/a cars somewhere - Speedvision, I think - and it appeared as though they were attempting to make them more similiar in appearance to their showroom counterparts (versus current body kits). Had hoped the mechanicals would at least have some roots in the street versions also, but that appears not to be the case. Oh, well. Long the live the Speedvision GT series.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HAVING SEEN TOMMY DRIVE NUMEROUS TIMES, GIVE HIM A V8 AND A LIVE AXLE AND HE WILL STILL BE A CONTENDER FROM DAY ONE. " TOMMY, SHOW THEM YOUNG PUPS HOW IT'S DONE!!!!" SHOULD BE A GREAT T/A SEASON AND TOM WILL BE TERRIFIC.

JBenko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes its a definite go. I had a chance to see the press kit that was announced this last Sat. The car is definitely "Viper identifiable". The Cinjo Racing team is preparing what will probably be an immediate contender for next years TA season. Tommy is very excited about returning to TA. I'll see if we can't get some pictures posted here soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang