Viper Invades Niagara - Big News!! If You're Going, Please Read!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re only 9 weeks Away From The Time of Our Lives!!

For those going to Niagara, please read this entire email. Lots of good news and information you need to know!

We’re 75% sold out! There is room for 200 people and 100 Vipers, we’re on track for record attendance! Plans have been firmed up and we’re looking good for every single thing we planned to do! Many people in our club have registered. For those still waiting, time is ticking and the special rate will no longer be available and the room block will be removed. Staying at this hotel is paramount to the event and coordination, along with a perfect location for us. This area will also definitely sell out. Register now! All the details are on the website at: The Pit: Special Club Events (Viper Club of America - Illinois Region).

Finally – It’s confirmed!! Big News For People Overnighting In Detroit on Tuesday!!
We have 80 people expected to caravan east and stop in Detroit Tuesday night for a layover and to take part in a special day on Wednesday. As you know we planned a little pre-show gathering midway in Detroit for Wednesday morning. We’ll it’s official, now I can tell you what’s in store!!

Early morning:
For Wednesday morning, we have gotten he go ahead from our friends within Chrysler and we’re going to be touring a facility that’s pretty much secret… it’s a warehouse where generations of cars (and a LOT of Vipers) are stored along with concepts and many special vehicles never before seen. This is not a museum, this is a no frills warehouse that will be a feast for your eyes! This is a huge privilege for our club as the doors will be open just for us. Thanks to our good friends in Chrysler (and our buddy Ralph Gilles), they made it happen for us. No cameras are allowed and the location will not be disclosed. We’re doing it in style, I’ve arranged for buses to pick us up at our hotel and take us to the warehouse and back in comfort! Going to be a great morning. But that’s not all….

Afternoon:
Our tour of the Chrysler storage facility will be the first leg of our Wednesday. Upon the return to our hotel, we will checkout and jump into our Vipers and we are going to cruise up to our resident VP of Chrysler Design’s house – Ralph Gilles. Ralph and his wonderful wife Doris (who has been a huge help to me in putting this day together) will open the doors to their home and we’re going to have a summer time luncheon at their house! Food is being catered in! VIP’s will be in attendance (including the “Grail Keeper” Herb Helbig)!! There is also rumor of some VERY special display vehicles just for this…!! A special raffle is being arranged!! We’ll also be setting up for a Viper aerial photo while we’re there! All this and we haven’t even arrived at Niagara yet!!! And best of all, it’s free!!! The IL VCA is sponsoring this gathering along with several other sponsors who have stepped up to help out! We are a lucky group.

Finally, after the lunch, we depart in the early afternoon and head as a group to INVADE NIAGARA FALLS!!!

Tuesday Night Detroit Hotel Plans – Please Read
So now that we know the order of business and have firmed up plans, we can commit to a hotel. The hotel chosen is a strategic location to allow us access to our Wednesday venues. We will be staying at the Resident Inn Marriot in Madison Heights. And best of all, we have a special club rate of only $100 (and breakfast is even included)!!

You need to only TELL ME IF YOU’LL NEED A ROOM. We make the reservation for you. When you arrive, you will check-in and provide a credit card for your charges. So PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL and let me know how many rooms you will need and provide me your last name so I know who you are. It’s as easy as that!! The address for the hotel is: 32650 Stephenson Highway, Madison Heights, MI 48071.

Tuesday Night Caravan to Hotel
As always we like to cruise together. The plan is to gather at a good center point and travel as a group up to the hotel. We’ll be gathering at a common spot for us: the Lincoln Oasis (Eastbound entrance on I-80 between 294 and the Indiana border). We’ll meet at 2:00pm and I’d like to leave promptly at 2:15pm. This is a perfect place to gas up and there are many restaurants and coffee places to grab something for the road. We’ll have directions for everyone so you need to bring nothing, just arrive at 2:00pm. That’s it!

Reminders:
Don’t forget! We’ll be staying in Canada for the Niagara event – DON’T FORGET PASSPORTS!! Check yours now and make sure you’re all set. Also tell your insurance company that you’ll have your Viper in Canada so you are covered. It’s also a good idea to get paperwork from them indicating you’re covered.

This is going to be a landmark event. The location is good enough alone, but we’ve planned a very relaxed itinerary you won’t ever forget.

PS The only action I need from you above, is to let me know if you need a hotel room on Tuesday night in Detroit. Please give me your last name and the number of rooms you need. I’ll take care of the rest.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We’re only 9 weeks Away From The Time of Our Lives!!Early morning:
For Wednesday morning, we have gotten he go ahead from our friends within Chrysler and we’re going to be touring a facility that’s pretty much secret… it’s a warehouse where generations of cars (and a LOT of Vipers) are stored along with concepts and many special vehicles never before seen. This is not a museum, this is a no frills warehouse that will be a feast for your eyes! This is a huge privilege for our club as the doors will be open just for us. Thanks to our good friends in Chrysler (and our buddy Ralph Gilles), they made it happen for us. No cameras are allowed and the location will not be disclosed. We’re doing it in style, I’ve arranged for buses to pick us up at our hotel and take us to the warehouse and back in comfort! Going to be a great morning. But that’s not all….

Afternoon:
Our tour of the Chrysler storage facility will be the first leg of our Wednesday. Upon the return to our hotel, we will checkout and jump into our Vipers and we are going to cruise up to our resident VP of Chrysler Design’s house – Ralph Gilles. Ralph and his wonderful wife Doris (who has been a huge help to me in putting this day together) will open the doors to their home and we’re going to have a summer time luncheon at their house! Food is being catered in! VIP’s will be in attendance (including the “Grail Keeper” Herb Helbig)!! There is also rumor of some VERY special display vehicles just for this…!! A special raffle is being arranged!! We’ll also be setting up for a Viper aerial photo while we’re there!

Since PARTSRACK has agreed to sponsor that lunch, along with our friends at Prefix, my CFO has agreed to let us make the trip too! SEE YOU THERE ! I have just gotta see how you get that "Viper Aerial...."

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon as always thanks for the support. Currently we have 4 sponsors (which we didn't initially plan), the first of which was Parts Rack. We're glad to have you. The Wednesday stop grew into a massive event on it's own given the things we've planned. So it really helps having folks like you who support the Viper Nation!! (that reminds me, I'll need a set of sport cup tires soon...).

We'll be listing all the sponsors shortly as soon as they're all locked in. We're going to have a great time!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since PARTSRACK has agreed to sponsor that lunch, along with our friends at Prefix, my CFO has agreed to let us make the trip too! SEE YOU THERE ! I have just gotta see how you get that "Viper Aerial...."

wow that's awsome! will be kewl to meet the guy I have been buying parts from haha:2tu:

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex - Email already sent. :)

This is becoming more and more exciting! :yay:

I can't contain myself! :nana::nana:

Can't wait to meet you all in person (well, let me rephrase that. Meet you and know who you are this time! ;))

Yippie! :yay:

Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang