Viper is back....any takers???

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MK2 what the H$$ are you talking about???? You're confusing the sh%t out of me!!! What's unreasonable? I have nothing to hide about the coupe I'm selling. There are a TON of people on here who know the car and have seen it first hand. Nothing is wrong with the Viper...it was the Noble that was a piece of sh%t. What would you like to know?

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad, sorry my post was confusing. I just took the "know more dumb questions" post you made seriously and I just had one more "dumb question" . I just wanted to know the history of the vehicle in order to tell my friend , who does not know you or the car. I could have worded my question better.

No worries man. Thanks for the info. I'll let him know it has no problems. I hope things work out for you.

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spoken with a couple people on here and have decided to post a comment to clear up a few things with my car. When I originally put my first post up on Monday, I thought it was understood that my previous deal went south due to the impulsive purchase of the Noble that I had made. After reading it over, I realized that it may sound a little fishy as to why my car was back in my possession. Here are the facts:

Bought 2004 Noble three weeks ago from a well known dealer and traded my perfect condition coupe in.

Noble was on a flat bed truck three times in two weeks, needed a total replacement of the electrical system, developed a mysterious coolant leak, would not idle, broke a belt that left me stranded and finally had the alternator go leaving me stranded at 1am on the side of the road with my gf in the car (thanks for your help simms :)

I demanded that they keep both cars and let me walk. We later found out that they had never mailed my payoff in after two whole weeks!!....so technically the car was still mine...in my name. The dealer and I agreed to an amount on what they owed me for the repairs and trouble...and shipped my car back to me Monday night after it had gone through a full detail.

Sooooooooooo....that's where I'm at with the car. I am motivated to sell due to financial reasons.....I would like to act on an investment and don't think it makes sense to have a big car payment...that's why I'm looking at less expensive alternatives. (hope that clears things up for you Jon) Please contact me with any questions concerning the VIPER. Thanks.

CG

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,

You sure are aggressive for a guy trying to sell a car, maybe you should call John Gastman or somebody else at a big Viper dealership and see if they can flip the car to somebody who is wanting a new viper at a used price.

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not aggressive....just surprised that I've gotten a ton of questions about the Noble...and the only comments about the Viper have been suspicious comments about the wheels, or questions about how the exhaust sounds. :p

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but what about the wheels and exhaust? ;)

Good luck on the sale, it is an awesome car and I wish I had the coin to add a second Viper!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put it on ebay, and autotrader and get ready to take a hit on selling it, and it will be gone quicker then you can imagine. Trying to sell to a bunch of viper owners, probably isnt your best market.

Jon

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right Jon...I just hate Ebay because of all the scams.....I was hoping someone on here would see some value in the mods...as we all know...they can be quite expensive. Oh well.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right Jon...I just hate Ebay because of all the scams.....I was hoping someone on here would see some value in the mods...as we all know...they can be quite expensive. Oh well.

Take it back to Stock, those mods are not very extensive, and then resell them here as used. Now those would sell quickly. And you are going to get the same price for the stock as you are the modded car. Just because those arent really big ticket items, ya know?

Good Luck with it, I wish I could help, but I just bought my 06 Woodhouse SC Slate Viper.

Jon

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take it back to Stock, those mods are not very extensive, and then resell them here as used. Now those would sell quickly. And you are going to get the same price for the stock as you are the modded car. Just because those arent really big ticket items, ya know?

Good Luck with it, I wish I could help, but I just bought my 06 Woodhouse SC Slate Viper.

Jon

Actually, you will get more for the car with NO mods at all, and if presented correctly on this forum you can get most of your money out of the mods selling them used. Good Luck with the sale, what are you looking to get out of the car? I personally have too many SRT coupes, but maybe some relative info like the price you need or if some guy can pay you some cash and take over your payments might help turn a tire kicker into a buyer, also try ebay, auto trader, dupont registry, cars.com. If you advertise on all those you will get alot of kickers but probably a buyer or 2 as well, even advertise in the classified here on this site and the other one, I have sold 3 vipers advertising on his site alone.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but what about the wheels and exhaust? ;)

Good luck on the sale, it is an awesome car and I wish I had the coin to add a second Viper!

Hey Chris any tie you want to reunite your car with a couple of #50 of production, let me know!

MartinPorscheTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God Chad, that's horrible to hear, and the reason i never went into a Noble either, although those problem's are news to me, hm!

Anyway i have a very abnormally fast 996tt for what it has done (stg 2+), ask any of the viper ny/tri state guys, i go on runs with them and am friendly with a few :) All of the mainteneace has been done, h+r suspension, rwd GT2 conversion, hard top which is RARE, 01 36k miles, ssk, techart, cf gt2 wing alot more! I was actually looking for a viper, hmm let me know if we could work out a trade!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

MartinPorscheTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking for a 2006 coupe. I live just over the DE/MD line. I have a 2005 E55 with 5K miles. Sticker was over $90K and warranty for 100,000 miles. Email me if interested in talking about this further. [email protected]

Thanks,
ROB

BLAH, had to mess up my trade didn't you lol, i eat E55's :p jk, goodluck!

MartinPorscheTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin...PM sent...anybody know this car????

Ask Dimitrious, Charlie, acr steve, all of the guys in the NY viper club section. Ive been on countless runs since last summer and am good frtiends with Dave with white srt10 on kinesis :)

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to pass on the Porsche...anyone else interested? Thinking of going back for another try at a Noble....or leaning towards a Superformance or Backdraft Cobra. Let me know guys....

C

MartinPorscheTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to pass on the Porsche...anyone else interested? Thinking of going back for another try at a Noble....or leaning towards a Superformance or Backdraft Cobra. Let me know guys....

C

Ummmmm ?!