Viper is not an exotic? check this out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess when you cannot go for a drive without the car's picture being taken several times doesn't qualify ... :drive:
Right.
I own a Aston Martin DB9
Porsche 911 C2S
2006 highly modded Viper (my plate says "628 Hors")

I have the most attention with my Viper at car events and Shows.
The Aston gets a ton but its different attention.

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its an extotic looking muscle car. NOT an "exotic". True, it has low quantity numbers (rare) and LOOKS exotic, but I wouldnt label it as such.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its an extotic looking muslce car. NOT an "exotic". True, it has low quantity numbers (rare) and LOOKS exotic, but I wouldnt label it as such.

Viper is not a muscle car..........

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you've been on this site for what 10 minutes and you wanna stir the *** with the ferrari guys ?.... and im the ******* ?

go away troll

I said don't be one. I did not say you are one yet...

:dunno::nono:
I am friends with alot of the Ferrari chat guys and Lambo guys over the last 10years(they know who i am and what i do), but I think that there is a lack of education on that mis-understood topic....... Not to just get over it........

Last edited:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds horrible, but who cares what Ferrari owners think about the Viper.

Who cares about the semantics of the word exotic...

Most of the time they won't give us the time of day...even when passing them on the track. Is that our fault?

Most of them sit in the garage because they are worthless if they have been driven.

So maybe they are exotic because they are only driven to the country club so Biff can save face.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds horrible, but who cares what Ferrari owners think about the Viper.

Who cares about the semantics of the word exotic...

Most of the time they won't give us the time of day...even when passing them on the track. Is that our fault?

Most of them sit in the garage because they are worthless if they have been driven.

So maybe they are exotic because they are only driven to the country club so Biff can save face.

Maybe it is the 'passing them on the track' that causes an issue. :dunno:

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's funny. Exotic car magazine thought that it was enough of one to put on the cover of their magazine in 1996. But this guy knows more than they do.

Oh, and YES I do have the magazine.

Ron

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's funny. Exotic car magazine thought that it was enough of one to put on the cover of their magazine in 1996. But this guy knows more than they do.

Oh, and YES I do have the magazine.

Ron

Ron, THANK YOU!!!! God!!!! Viper owners are dissing there own cars.:confused: MAN!!! Maybe thats why I am not on here often, even after owning my Viper for the past 4 years.

Manny

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, THANK YOU!!!! God!!!! Viper owners are dissing there own cars.:confused: MAN!!! Maybe thats why I am not on here often, even after owning my Viper for the past 4 years.

Manny

I am no Viper owner, but I respect the car just as much as if I were one, and I do not feel it is an exotic. How is not thinking it's an exotic "dissin' the car" in any way? IMO, Viper owners dont need to label it as such to prove anything. Its a muscle car through-and-through.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all have our own opinions, for me Viper is all three, muscle car, exotic, and super car. MHO

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it interesting to read what other forums have to say about our cars (the other recent post "let my friend drive my 99 acr")... have the time to blow i guess. the actual argument is subjective as the word exotic varries in definition depending on who you ask as evidenced in the thread... does seem suspiciously troll like though

OP
OP
I

Immanuel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We all have our own opinions, for me Viper is all three, muscle car, exotic, and super car. MHO

Ok that is fair to say!!!! But Muscle car???:confused: Aren't muscle cars usally GT (two door-four seat)american cars with V8. Smells like old hamburgers. Only great performers in straight lines. The Viper is a 2-seater and its a all around great performer. Is Ford's GT40 a muscle car? Is corvette a muscle car? Gt40 and Viper were built to be track cars.

Last edited:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look having just returned from Lima, Peru my Audi RS4 is certainly an exotic...wait so is my wife's Jeep SRT and my F450.

Heck...a car that could pass US emissions is an exotic there.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because a couple Ferrari owners dont think the viper is an Exotic you basically label them all as thinking the same.:nono:

Who cares what they think?

got me thinkin though..., i always thought of the viper as part-musclecar, but after looking at this definition i guess it is Not:
Musclecarclub.com - Muscle Car Definition
and
Muscle car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now IMO a Viper is a: SportsCar/RaceCar/ExoticCar all in one.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares what other car owners think of YOUR car. YOU liked it, YOU bought it, YOU should drive it and not worry about what other guys think of your car.

did you buy the car to impress or to drive and enjoy ?

i bet you have a nice microfiber windbreaker dont ya ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang