Viper kills pedestrian in VA BCH

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was street racing and killed a pedestrian he is a dead man.
Manslaughter rap, civil suit by dead guys family, he's going to lose it all including his future.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that they always make it a point to mention Dodge Viper in these news reports?

Would they have said Chevy Astro Van had it been that?

Sports cars always get a terrible rep from news.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:( :( :( Very sad news, sorry for that person. That's why I gave up Street Racing. :nono: I recently had a State Trooper follow me for 27 miles. Around my area, the police are everywhere & absolutely unforgiving, ESPECIALLY to a Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper did not kill anyone. It is a dumb machine. The driver, and only the driver, is responsible. From the article:

Virginia Beach MPO Walter Wallace said the driver of a blue Dodge Viper was going northbound on Independence Blvd., and passed Columbus Street. Wallace said the pedestrian was in his twenties and was in the median waiting to cross the street.

So how about changing the title of this thread. There is no reason to phrase it the way it is phrased.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in the story or video that is linked does it say anything about the pedestrian being dead? Witnesses said nothing about a street race either.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper did not kill anyone. It is a dumb machine. The driver, and only the driver, is responsible. From the article:

Virginia Beach MPO Walter Wallace said the driver of a blue Dodge Viper was going northbound on Independence Blvd., and passed Columbus Street. Wallace said the pedestrian was in his twenties and was in the median waiting to cross the street.

So how about changing the title of this thread. There is no reason to phrase it the way it is phrased.

Your an idiot.

And it was on the news here talking about him racing and the death. That was all I could find online about it so I posted it.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNG SNKE:2998346 said:
Your an idiot.

I believe you mean "You're an idiot". ;-)

Lol just giving ya crap. But really, there is no reason for resorting to name calling. We're all adults here, this isn't second grade.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my cell phone, it auto corrects with what it wants to say.

And regardless of name calling he always has something to say in almost every post. Everyone who has opened this thread has known exactly what I meant. There was no mistake between a viper owner and a wild snake roaming around. This is part of the reason I don't post much here anymore.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a public site dedicated to a fine automobile. Your title implies that there was something wrong with the car that caused a death. That was not the case.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pedantic -
A state of mind which is about caring a lot about formalities, often way more than necessary.
One may be called pedantic when he/she points out corrections in unimportant details.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This site is public? About automobiles? Holy **** I'm on the wrong forums.

Go nit pick someone else. Any ambiguity in my "title" is resolved by the link. Thank you, have a nice day.

(And there was something wrong with the car, the driver)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that they always make it a point to mention Dodge Viper in these news reports?.

For the same reason that the TV news person used the terms "plowed through" and "careened." It is a tradition for local news to make the news exciting and entertaining, especially when there is death or mayhem involved. Uncharacteristically, the TV video reporter did not mention the car type, although it was shown.

Even I, as a Viper owner, jump to my own conclusions about the cause of this accident when looking at the paint job on the car, and seeing the city street that he lost control on.

I step back, though, and realize that no matter what you are driving; something like this can happen to you. That's what this thread can do for us. You have to ALWAYS have full attention. Not half-assed, cell phone or coffee in one hand and one finger controlling the steering wheel whether it is a DD or a Viper.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did any of you read the article? Pedestrian did not die. He was injured and taken to a hospital.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are being pedantic by stating that I am pedantic. LOL. Seriously, there are enough people trashing the Viper without it being done through a thread title obviously meant to get attention similar to the device used by the National Inquirer. If caring about the reputation of the Viper and trying to protect it is a bad thing, I plead guilty. On the other hand, a thread entitled: "Aliens seen driving a Viper in Roswell, New Mexico" might be interesting.

Pedantic -
A state of mind which is about caring a lot about formalities, often way more than necessary.
One may be called pedantic when he/she points out corrections in unimportant details.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the comments on the video.......

He was not looking good when he left in the ambulance. I just really hope that there are charges made against the driver of the Viper. He showed no remorse for what he had just caused, and didn't do anything to help. He just sat there and watched as the guy was clearly in need of medical attention and didn't even get out of his car right away to see what he did. I had the pedestrians blood all over me, trying to do anything to help until EMS arrived and he couldn't even call 911 for the poor kid!!! The whole thing made me sick, and I hope the guy gets better and someone finds a family member or friend that can come be by his side through this and then sue the pants off the driver that hit him!!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are being pedantic by stating that I am pedantic. LOL. Seriously, there are enough people trashing the Viper without it being done through a thread title obviously meant to get attention similar to the device used by the National Inquirer. If caring about the reputation of the Viper and trying to protect it is a bad thing, I plead guilty. On the other hand, a thread entitled: "Aliens seen driving a Viper in Roswell, New Mexico" might be interesting.

And you are VERY pedantic, for noticing them calling you pedantic about you being pedantic in the first place. :lmao:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, best wishes for the ped and his family .. may he either recover or RIP (as there seems to be a little discrepancy)

But ... can someone tell me how we got this far into this thread, with death, crashing, pedantics, and everything and no one going off about the paint job on that fugly thing?? It's only missing a dolphin on the hood for Pete's sake. Blech.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, best wishes for the ped and his family .. may he either recover or RIP (as there seems to be a little discrepancy)

But ... can someone tell me how we got this far into this thread, with death, crashing, pedantics, and everything and no one going off about the paint job on that fugly thing?? It's only missing a dolphin on the hood for Pete's sake. Blech.

Dolphin on the hood!!! Oh man, I forgot about that car for a little while. What a way to bring up that thing. Haha! Love it.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... can someone tell me how we got this far into this thread, with death, crashing, pedantics, and everything and no one going off about the paint job on that fugly thing??

I saw it and my second thought was that this wasn't the thread to make fun of someone's paint job just after one person died, and the other person's life is screwed in a big way. IMHO.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it and my second thought was that this wasn't the thread to make fun of someone's paint job just after one person died, and the other person's life is screwed in a big way. IMHO.

That was actually my 1st thought ... um, what about the poor guys involved but we went so far off the reservation on this one a Garmin couldn't get us back. And sorry for reminding us all about the dolphin. And again, all the best to those involved, real shame.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, you are correct, that Viper is not part of our local group. I have seen it around though, it's not easy to forget. As far as your titles "controversy'.... The way you worded it is how the media words it, the driver was stupid and caused this terrible action, but the fact that it's a Viper is notable in the situation. If it was an SUV, yes, they would have said "SUV plows into man....".

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea, you just took the words right out of my mouth! Horrid paint job, that guy should be arrested by the bad taste police :D

Im not going to condemn the driver as I do not know the facts of the accident, I will let the accident investigators and police do their job ;). I wish the pedestrian a safe and speedy recovery, because watching the news report it does not say anything about a death!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatboy 18; I wish the pedestrian a safe and speedy recovery said:
Am I missing something here? Do I have a reputation for lying on forums? Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Let me help.

ON THE 11PM NEWS, THE NEWS THAT I WATCHED, HAD A WITNESS TALKING ABOUT HIM RACING AND ALSO SAID THE PEDESTRIAN PASSED AWAY. DO THE CAPS HELP OR DO YOU NEED IT IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE?

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John! john! You need a trip back down here to the south! Being up north has taken every bit of your southern hospitality away. lol Let it go man... just let it go! lol