Viper legroom?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Paul, I am 6'2" and don't have the seat all the way back. Of course, watch your head getting in and out...and if you plan on racing, you may find it's pretty tough to wear a helmet and not get a stiff neck!

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bubble top on the GTS and some of the R/T 10 hard tops (Gen II stock also?) give plenty of headroom. Looks like Patrick has a Gen I. I drove both the Gen I and GTS before I bought and the GTS definitely had more headroom (I'm 6'2"). Just avoid the soft top if your wearing a helmet.
You must be registered for see images

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 ACR. Headroom is plentiful; leg room is a different matter. I'm 6'1" and have long legs (33" inseam). My left leg touches the headlight switch even with the seat all the back.

This is really insignificant when you consider the outrageous pleasure this car brings. I've owned 11 Vettes, loved every one (especially the 94 ZR-1), but there's just no comparison. The Viper is a totally and unbelievably awesome car.

Sell the Vet, buy a Viper, you'll be glad you did ......

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6 foot, with a 32 inch inseam. I fit just fine in my GTS, even with a helmet. My seat is not all the way aft either. Also, the Gen II cars have adjustable pedals- keep that in mind when you are considering the merits of the various years.

BTW, my pedals could be moved forward another 2 inches or so.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big and tall, we fit em all!!!!!!!!!

I won't even go into my short but plump dimensions!

Too many skinny owners out there. I think I need to start the "voluptuously plump VCA club?" That's the ticket

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that you can buy a seat lowering kit that will give you another 2 inches of head room. As you will see, there is a lot of space under the seat.

Reaction score
I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam, and my left knee touches the lower dashboard a bit. It can be annoying at times, but I just deal with it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Johnny CockRan says:

"If The Viper Fits
The Vette is QUITS !"

At 6'3" and 230# I was tight in a Gen-1 (92-96 RT) and FINE in a Gen-II (96.5 +) even with helmet. Gen-2 pedals adjust down ~4". (1st USA car to do that)

And yes, my KNEE taps the underdash especially when Im PUCKERING on track without a dead pedal.
JonB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper