Viper LOCK DOWN

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the last 3 days off of work, walking around depressed all wknd, just couldn't figure out why. Went to take the trash out this morning by the garage and decided to open up the door and look at my cars...then I realized why I was in a funk. I think this is the longest I have gone without driving the Snake:(

Went back in the house, got the keys, took the cover off the Viper and got in the driver's seat, started her up. I just sat there listening to Journey and pretending I was going through the gears. Yeh I know I probably put some condensation on the engine by starting her, but I just couldn't help it.

Funny how only one car has a cover on haha.

Counting the days until spring :nana:

DSC00855.JPG

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's funny I did the same thing, ever since getting my high flows and corsa's on. I actually enjoy driveing it, and now that we got snow I started my snake up last saturday just to here her rumble.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel for you. My buddy and i were just talking about this yesterday at lunch. We meet up every Sunday with the Vipers. Of course with our weather,we have maybe had only a total of 10-15 days this year were we couldnt drive due to rain. We were crying about how much our houses cost, compared to most of the country.
But yet we get to drive our cars year round,so I guess it makes up for it. Hopefu;;y good driving weather comes your way soon. I couldnt imagine storing my car for weeks or even months.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the last 3 days off of work, walking around depressed all wknd, just couldn't figure out why. Went to take the trash out this morning by the garage and decided to open up the door and look at my cars...then I realized why I was in a funk. I think this is the longest I have gone without driving the Snake:(

Went back in the house, got the keys, took the cover off the Viper and got in the driver's seat, started her up. I just sat there listening to Journey and pretending I was going through the gears. Yeh I know I probably put some condensation on the engine by starting her, but I just couldn't help it.

Funny how only one car has a cover on haha.

Counting the days until spring :nana:

DSC00855.JPG

Leslie,
I know what you mean..Not only is there snow here but its been REALLY cold here.The last couple of nights have been -18 :eek: :eek: Its not going to get warm here until May. :(

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, these days are dangerous for my Viper addiction. In a few days when the packages start arriving I'll be asking myself, "Did I really buy this?"

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Know that feeling very well...........
At least you could start yours,I'm still working on mine and working till 10/11pm dosn't help..well maybe it does pay for the parts....

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, these days are dangerous for my Viper addiction. In a few days when the packages start arriving I'll be asking myself, "Did I really buy this?"

I'm with ya'

I've bought 5 Viper diecast in the past 2 weeks

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The next best thing is racing a GTS-R or Competition Coupe on the european FIA circuits. Check out GTR2, very addictive and gotta get a steering wheel and pedal controller to fully enjoy it.

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea - even the weather in Texas ***** right now. I was bored to death this weekend - still am.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have any of you considered moving? (Not meant as a taunt - I actually moved from Austin, TX, to San Diego for the weather, then to San Jose area as a compromise). Drove the Viper to work this morning like I do most days, despite the record setting low temps (we've had five days in a row with actual freezing temps - highly unusual to ever see freezing temps here).

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Randy, while I was in the Navy I was stationed in your area.

Is the commute still crazy there?

We just got a foot of snow last night:)

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got home from a MLK weekend trip to Bend Oregon where it never got over 20 all day. Threw up the garage door and took a nice drive.....streets bare and dry, temp about 29. Had both windows down and the heat on high. A perfect end to my weekend.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We just got a foot of snow last night:)

ah the good old days, I went to the Navy boot camp in San Diego and also did my A school there!!!!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no way! I was at NTC fm '80-'81

Miramar '85-'87, then 32nd St in '87

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no way! I was at NTC fm '80-'81

Miramar '85-'87, then 32nd St in '87

never had the luxuary of going to miramar, did NTC in july of 90 and then I was going to be stationed in Sandiego on the USS independence but at that time the ship got new orders for Yokosuka naval base and that is where I did my tour. Oh and I was in company 272 and I was the H-e-l-l flag barrier, which means I always got to eat first when it came to chow time :D

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a little off topic, but talking about NTC got me thinking!!! (true story) being in bootcamp we had to take turn's standing watch in our berthing's to make sure no one went awol. I was standing watch and it was about 2:30am when I heard a noise comeing from the bathroom, I slowely crept up to the bathroom and looked through the door only to find a shipmate takeing a toothbrush holder up is YAHOO, In shock I was to report any weird activity and since our company commander slept in the same berthing as us, I went and knocked on his door and told him what I saw. The company commamder's responce was (are you shizing me), I said no sir. Well the CC got up out of bed went to the bathroom door opened it up and yelled (what the H-e-l-l do you think you are doing sailor, and at the same time the guy was bend over with a toothbrush holder still up his YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! He was discharged by the way

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a little off topic, but talking about NTC got me thinking!!! (true story) being in bootcamp we had to take turn's standing watch in our berthing's to make sure no one went awol. I was standing watch and it was about 2:30am when I heard a noise comeing from the bathroom, I slowely crept up to the bathroom and looked through the door only to find a shipmate takeing a toothbrush holder up is YAHOO, In shock I was to report any weird activity and since our company commander slept in the same berthing as us, I went and knocked on his door and told him what I saw. The company commamder's responce was (are you shizing me), I said no sir. Well the CC got up out of bed went to the bathroom door opened it up and yelled (what the H-e-l-l do you think you are doing sailor, and at the same time the guy was bend over with a toothbrush holder still up his YAHOO!!!!!!!!!! He was discharged by the way

A little off topic? Ya think? If the topic of "Who has had a toothbrush up your ***** story?" does ever come up, I'll let you know :p

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now that's a story for ya'!!! holy cow batman, I wonder if he just was pullin' one to go home (or pushin' I guess I should say haha)

yeh I was at Miramar when they were filming Topgun, Tom is a ****-sorry to any Tom Cruise fans

got 2 back seat rides in an F-14, went to Tailhook and was there when that girl had a KIM shee about 'the gauntlet' haha time of my life, single and only 25 yrs old.

steve, I promise I will change all my fluids:)

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on which of my area you are speaking of. The Bay Area (as in Sillycon Valley; the 10 to 20 cities between San Jose to San Francisco) where I currently live has a significant commute, but it all depends on when you commute - I just shift mine to avoid peak. San Diego's commute was getting pretty bad when I was there a couple of years ago - I lived in Mira Mesa (next to Miramar) for four years 1991-1994, but my commute was from one side if Mira Mesa to the other. From what I understand and have experienced, there are a few worse commutes - some of the routes around Seattle come to mind.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
found a way to get the Z06 out in the winter, just need to work on an idea for the Viper :p

snowplow.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi