Viper Newbie

TrackratViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a new Viper owner and new to this forum. I live in Destin, Florida and am curious if there are other owners in this area.

Also can anyone tell the proper torque for the lug nuts? Also what are the proper lifting points on the frame. My car is a 2014 Viper TA.

Thanks

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!! Post some pics of your TA. The lifting points are indicated by metal triangles underneath the car that stick down a bit. I do not know the lug nut torque setting on the TA. I knew it for my old Viper but I do not know if it is the same for the TA. If no one here knows it, the SRT hotline should have that answer or one of the Viper Techs who post here should be able to look it up and post it.

OP
OP
T

TrackratViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on lug nut torque and lift points. The car is serial #00002 and is Crusher Orange. It is stock except for belts, Belanger headers and exhaust. I purchased it at Tomball and traded a 2009 Corvette ZR1 on it.

I bought the car to use primarily as a track car. I did a lot of SCCA racing in my younger days starting in 1985. Now I am just doing track days at Sebring, Barber, and Road Atlanta. Once in a while we go to Daytona or Roebling in Savannah. I will post some photos once I figure out how to do it.

By the way does anyone know if brake pads suitable for tracking the car are available? Any info would be appreciated. I would also be interested in knowing if any 18 inch wheels are available. I think this would give me a lot more options when it comes to tires like Hoosiers.

dmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on lug nut torque and lift points. The car is serial #00002 and is Crusher Orange. It is stock except for belts, Belanger headers and exhaust. I purchased it at Tomball and traded a 2009 Corvette ZR1 on it.

I bought the car to use primarily as a track car. I did a lot of SCCA racing in my younger days starting in 1985. Now I am just doing track days at Sebring, Barber, and Road Atlanta. Once in a while we go to Daytona or Roebling in Savannah. I will post some photos once I figure out how to do it.

By the way does anyone know if brake pads suitable for tracking the car are available? Any info would be appreciated. I would also be interested in knowing if any 18 inch wheels are available. I think this would give me a lot more options when it comes to tires like Hoosiers.

Congrats on the ride! Your not too far from me.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man I love it how many are buying these cars for track use! When I first bought mine I was one of the few who hit the track. The TA has attracted a lot of track rats.

My recommendations are applicable to the Stoptech factory optional Track Pack brakes, you have different front rotors and I don't know if the TA pads are the same as mine. I use Brakeman 3 pads. They are rotor-friendly intermediate pads that last longer than the factory pads. Great initial bite, occasional slight noise on the street but not bad. They are not a full track pad, which is good if you plan on a lot of street use as well. I will say that after five track days I do see a fair amount of checking on my front rotors. But again your rotors are beefier. I got 4,000 miles and three track days on the factory front pads, which wore down to 2mm, yikes! I think I'll get five or six days out of the Brakeman 3s in the front. I still have 9mm left on my rear factory pads after 5 track days and 6,000 miles.

Talk to Tony (Nine Ball) of Deviate or Mark Jorgensen of Woodhouse about track wheels. Jon B of Parts Rack is also knowledgeable, I buy my track pads from him. Mark recommended increasing the front wheel width and running 315s in front. You can run 18s in back but need some sort of e-brake cable relocation modification. Mark can go through all the options, he raced Vipers for years.