Viper on "Ultimate Factories" Thursday, Feb. 17

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the banging and beating and air hoses/bare hands rubbing against the paint I cant beleive these babies dont come out of the factory scratched to hell and back. Seriously I cringed at least 15 times already:omg: Junkman would have a stroke the way the painted panels are handled:rolaugh:

I was thinking the same thing.
Did you notice that most of the assembly shots were of them putting the ACRX together.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep gonna have to buy another one. The attitude in these cars are just so uniquely American.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic show! I loved the ending with Herb, cigar in mouth and helmet bag in hand, walking toward the car and then pulling away fast. Herb. Dirty Harry has nothing on you. LOL. Dick Winkles did a great job of providing a little history and tech background. Having Ralph at the race track with cars going by as he spoke was a nice touch. Whoever did the background music hit it right on the head. It almost felt like a Marine recruiting ad. I wonder how many people saw the show who are now pumped and will inquire about buying a Viper. The only thing I would have added was a postscript which indicated that the 2013 Gen V will be out in 2012.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they put a lot into it for a show just under an hour. The cars were obviously 2010 models and I saw at least 3 ACR verts being built. I had met several of the people at the plant and recognized most of them from the Last in line event. It really makes you feel like family watching the show.

Nice job Herb and Dodge

Bruce

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me or did anyone see Sir Hiss!? I was kinda puzzled by that car I'll have to take a look at it again but I wear it was, but I don't remember Sir Hiss having stripes on it's hood scoop.

--RS

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome show! i learned alot of neat little tidbits about the car and its history! loved it!

when was this story made? i think they left everyone with the impression that the viper was history.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great show!:2tu: Wished they would have devoted a little more air time to the VCA. They should have done a postscript that the new 2013 Viper is a go.:2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please send me a p. message in case you have a "k"opy to ... :D

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great show. Good to See Ivan interviewed. My car was just to the right of him and I didn't even notice until my daughter points it out. Pretty cool to meet so many of those folks in SLC.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when was this story made? i think they left everyone with the impression that the viper was history.

They shot most of the plant footage in June and were filming at the same time the VCA and Motor Trend were getting their footage. The VCA then extended an invitation to come to VOI 11 in early October where some of the other footage was shot.

Great show!:2tu: Wished they would have devoted a little more air time to the VCA. They should have done a postscript that the new 2013 Viper is a go.:2tu:

We had planned more VCA interviews in SLC but many of us were too busy and they had several Dodge/SRT execs to interview instead. I believe they left before the Saturday night dinner and Gen V reveal.

Great guys that quickly recognized the unique passion for the Viper. They told us that they didn't get near that level of vibe from their Ferrari plant shoot...

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they put a lot into it for a show just under an hour. The cars were obviously 2010 models and I saw at least 3 ACR verts being built. I had met several of the people at the plant and recognized most of them from the Last in line event. It really makes you feel like family watching the show.

Nice job Herb and Dodge

Bruce

I don't think that show was made in 2010 because there was a ACR Viper on there that is identical to the 2009 ACR I bought in Jan 2009. White wth black center band and red drivers side stripe. That is the only year I know of with that color combo. It leads me to believe that it was filmed on 2009. That was an awesome story about our Vipers for sure. :2tu: :headbang:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that was pretty close to the end of the line as I thought I saw cars like mine--graphite with black top/6 spoke painted wheel, FEs which had not been striped yet.

I liked the Herb spots and employee interviews but wish they had spent less time on things like water testing (not exactly new or unique) and more on history, numbers etc.

Unless I fell asleep I did not hear mention of Prefix. It would have been nice to see a car from start all the way to finish and even loaded up to leave.

All in all entertaining. I made my wife watch since she has "had" 7 cars from CAAP. She actually liked it.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought our vipers had a "G" spot never knew where though. Now I know, It's dead center on the rear bumper. :D :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I assume that was pretty close to the end of the line as I thought I saw cars like mine--graphite with black top/6 spoke painted wheel, FEs which had not been striped yet.

I liked the Herb spots and employee interviews but wish they had spent less time on things like water testing (not exactly new or unique) and more on history, numbers etc.

Unless I fell asleep I did not hear mention of Prefix. It would have been nice to see a car from start all the way to finish and even loaded up to leave.

All in all entertaining. I made my wife watch since she has "had" 7 cars from CAAP. She actually liked it.

Agree. I saw a number of FE coupes and a number of cars that I am very familiar with :)D). Kind of cool to think that your car might have been one in the background being worked on during the taping of the show.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tammy, the final inspector who does not where gloves so she can feel the lines of the car, must have called in sick the day my car rolled in. The height difference between my driver side fender and hood is about an inch. I took the shims off from under the fender to lower it some but that only got me about 1/4". Still about 3/4" off. I coulnd't find anything on the hood to raise the height.