Viper racing helmet?

Tommii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there, I own a 2004 srt-10 convert with my brother. (He's a registered member here)

Because my brother and I are interested in tracking the car, I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I can get the exact helmet that this driver is wearing in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dSsbp6wqdg

(I've only driven the dodge viper once without the knowledge of driving a manual, It was a hectic start for me.)

Here's a bad picture of my car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buying a race helmet to some people is like buying a running shoe. If you were into running marathons you certainly wouldnt pick your shoe based on which one looked coolest on a TV commercial. That one might not be the right width, arch support, ect... for your particular feet and could leave you with some severe fatigue after running just a few miles. You would be better off going to a shoe store to try on a variety of shoes. If you were really serious you would possibly consult with an expert to help fit/match the right shoe to you.

While not quite as critical&important as running, the same applies at some degree with helmets. Diff brands fit differently and diff models within a particular manufactures lineup also fit differently. You want to be as comfortable and fatigue free when running a long track session. The right fit&cooling can have you thinking more clearly about the important stuff.

Being a VCA member gets you a 10% discount at HelmetCity.com
I tried on a few at my local racetracks shop while spectating an event then ordered online.
check em out.
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/autosnellsa2010

Once you find the helmet you like you can have it painted however you desire:2tu:

OP
OP
T

Tommii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buying a race helmet to some people is like buying a running shoe. If you were into running marathons you certainly wouldnt pick your shoe based on which one looked coolest on a TV commercial. That one might not be the right width, arch support, ect... for your particular feet and could leave you with some severe fatigue after running just a few miles. You would be better off going to a shoe store to try on a variety of shoes. If you were really serious you would possibly consult with an expert to help fit/match the right shoe to you.

While not quite as critical&important as running, the same applies at some degree with helmets. Diff brands fit differently and diff models within a particular manufactures lineup also fit differently. You want to be as comfortable and fatigue free when running a long track session. The right fit&cooling can have you thinking more clearly about the important stuff.

Being a VCA member gets you a 10% discount at HelmetCity.com
I tried on a few at my local racetracks shop while spectating an event then ordered online.
check em out.
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/CTGY/autosnellsa2010

Once you find the helmet you like you can have it painted however you desire:2tu:

Would like to test the helmets before purchasing but I do not have a local racing track shop around my area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21