Viper Racing Stripes

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there a standard for racing stripes for the 04 Vipers? I have seen a few different size and styles of stripes for the same models. Does anyone recommend using vinyl stripes or having them painted on? Is there a maintenance issue with the vinyl stripes? I have also seen different colors on the same color cars. Is there a standard color for the black Vipers. I have seen red and gray on the blacks, both look great but I think the gray looks a little better.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes for Vipers are 8 inches wide with 4 inches of separation between them. You have seen different colors on some cars because some owners want individuality. I put vinyl on my car at first and liked it so much I then had them painted on. No issues with the vinyl at all, just having them painted on looks "cleaner." It all depends on how deep your wallet is. Vinyl cost me about $120 and 1 day to put on, with help. Paint cost me about $3100 and took 9 days. :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT-10's don't come with stripes and never have other than the yellow 2003 raffle car. Thus there is no standard size or color. Now if you want to look back to the Gen II's: Black came with silver metallic stripes, silver came with blue stripes, and red came with either silver metallic or white (Final Edition). The stripe width doesn't really work on the SRT, as they have totally different body lines on the hood, etc. Most that stripe the SRT aftermarket go with the Comp Coupe stripes that were first seen on the GTS/R concept. These taper towards the front. Do a search on "stripes" in this forum and you will find some good threads with good pictures.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
There is one! My 2004 SRT-10 VCA Special Edition has 2 full black stripes. Please see pictures using the link in my signature.