Viper + rain

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I got the Viper, I took it on one 200 mile ride. It has set since then.

My 50th High School reunion was last Friday and it was a beautiful day so I decided to take the Viper.

While were were having dinner at the reunion a strong thunder storm moved in and it rained buckets. Tree limbs down but no hail. My wife and I drove home in the rain.

Guess what? The Viper got through it just fine. It didn't melt. Now I will have to talk to my Corvettes and tell them that they too can go out into the rain.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like watching those Gen II wipers slap at the rain!!! It sure does take the bugs off the nose.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah my GEN 2 has been in the rain a few times. No biggy just drive cautiously with those big tires.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah... those Gen 2 wipers. Better than LSD

WOW after reading 10,889 i finally see where you are coming from dave.:rolaugh:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very kewl, I love driving this car when it's raining. rain-x does really work on the windshield, I have gotten away without using wipers at all depending on the downpour.

Since I got the Viper, I took it on one 200 mile ride. It has set since then.

My 50th High School reunion was last Friday and it was a beautiful day so I decided to take the Viper.

While were were having dinner at the reunion a strong thunder storm moved in and it rained buckets. Tree limbs down but no hail. My wife and I drove home in the rain.

Guess what? The Viper got through it just fine. It didn't melt. Now I will have to talk to my Corvettes and tell them that they too can go out into the rain.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to retain the value of my car for Barrett Jackson in 20 years. 94k miles and never seen rain. Only washed with highend European bottled water and dried by a Swedish team of auto detailing scientists. Its expensive, but worth every penny :rolaugh:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to retain the value of my car for Barrett Jackson in 20 years. 94k miles and never seen rain. Only washed with highend European bottled water and dried by a Swedish team of auto detailing scientists. Its expensive, but worth every penny :rolaugh:

This took a LOT of bottled water. Anyone help ID the car? :rolaugh:

YouTube - Viper in wet parking lot

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only reason I keep wipers on my Viper is to pass the safety inspection every two years. It'll never see a drop of rain as long as I own it, unless it peeks out from inside its cozy, dry garage during a rainstorm. ;)

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:needpics:

Do you have pics of these Swedish auto detailing scientists?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rain is no problem IF you're shod with PS2s. Listen to those tires squeeling in the rain and through the puddles!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehAZeGAKiE[/media]

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stage I Bilge pumps were optional in '94, so mine came with the 10-pack of Corvette crying towels. In Gen 2 cars, the Stage II Bilge pumps were much quieter because they used an oil dry sump system to pull water from both foot boxes and from under the seats. They also came with the hydrophobic cloth so that for really quick showers you could lift the carpeting out, shake it dry, and vacuum the water out at a local carwash. I have seen some RT owners install a chrome gas cap in the floor to drain water, too. They tell passengers it is the secondary fuel tank for long trips. See, you thought the Dodge engineers were asleep when they designed the "toupee?"

Max, how's that one-piece top in the rain?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I enjoy driving the Viper in the rain I don't specifically look forward to it. I have to say that with my new PS2's, there's much less "puckering" going while driving through the rain. The paint does not melt, the wipers actually work and I don't get soaked with the hardtop/softop on. However, it does **** because of the detailing I have to do after the fact. With rain water splashing up all over the place, dirt seems to get into all sorts of nooks and crannies on the Viper.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....I have to say that with my new PS2's, there's much less "puckering" going while driving through the rain. .....

I get 132 rain-inches / year .... 11 FEET.
The tires matter......PS-II are a phenominal, confidence-inspiring tire in full wet, or dry. The original Gen 1 XGT-Z were very scary.....96.5-99 MXX-3 Pilots were excellent, but 99-06 Sports and Runflats mediocre. Sport CUPS are scary but dooable....and V-700 Kumhos OK at hiway speeds....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang