Viper(s) vs Cobra svt vid (who's viper is it?)

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper(s) vs Cobra svt vid (who\'s viper is it?)

Scary [******] ... I learned not long ago not to let some burger flipping punk in his Mustang put my life, and all I worked hard for, on the line. Not too bright.

:rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scary [******] ... I learned not long ago not to let some burger flipping punk in his Mustang put my life, and all I worked hard for, on the line. Not too bright.

:rolleyes:

In the light of the 2 guys that died in the porsche gt, I'd rather meet my demise, like them, in a blink of an eye during a track accident than to lose everything I got because I nailed a minivan with an innocent family on board and get sued for all I'm worth and face a lifetime in jail... just to impress some burger flippers.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont race when there are minivans in your way and you will be fine.

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont race when there are minivans in your way and you will be fine.

Yea, and when you think you're clear, you're not. Thats when your minivan will popup in the street, or some college kid will cross the street-- when you think is "safe". ***, if your going 120mph, you think you're gonna have time to react and "scan the area?"

If you don't, you'll have 50 years in prison to think about it after killing some innocent folk. For fn what? Because some idiot in his $385/mo Mustang wants to impress his ****** in the front seat?

Ill take the zero and and won't regret one second not being able to "show that punk" just how fast, my "not so fast" cars really are.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Are we sure she was a ******?

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Other than the street racing, why all the hatred?

Just because he's in a Mustang???? ***? Get real guys!

From the looks of things, it was the Vipers doing most of the idiot driving!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Other than the street racing, why all the hatred?

Just because he's in a Mustang???? ***? Get real guys!

From the looks of things, it was the Vipers doing most of the idiot driving!

I agree, they ALL chose to race not just the guy in the stang, besides I've talked to the guy in the stang (00SVTDUBS) and hes really a cool guy.

Theres always a few guys on here that how wrong it is to street race but the fact of the matter is EVERYONE on here speeds from time to time (some more then others) i mean look at the car you bought, theres no way you would buy a 450hp car THEN mod it just to do the 35 Mph speedlimit and 55 Mph on highway, thats just NOT gonna happen. Some people would say "well I track it" and thats great then take the plates off it and tow it to the track.

so most of you guys need to stop being HYPACRITS and picking and choosing who's case to jump on when they street race and im SURE the fact that hes a mustang guy diden't help him any with you guys.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't get it. The commentary that is in the background of all of these street racing videos is brilliant as well.

"Dayumm that is a fast car"
"F%*& I just F%*&ed him up"
" I was just going 150" on a public road.
These are all words of wisdom.

I'll say it again, and this goes for all fast and furious drivers....How the hell does going faster on the STREET(not the track) from point A to point B affect anyone? Oh boy, you have a faster car. WHOO HOO

It is so stupid. I'm guessing these are the people that have self esteem issues, and will eventually have legal issues as well.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL..."owned"

Silly kids. Hopefully next time they'll know better

Got-Busa?

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL..."owned"

Owned by what? :rolleyes:

That same Cobra has almost 1,000RWHP NOW and will gladly hand most of you haters your a@@! :2tu:

But then again it's just a $385/mo Mustang and nothing special....please! :p

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since the mustang was trailing behind all the time, he got some good footage of the Viper license plates. If you think that the cops don't check out these street racing clips you've got another thing comin'

Idiots get convicted all the time by fliming their own illegal activities :rolleyes:

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL..."owned"

Owned by what? :rolleyes:

That same Cobra has almost 1,000RWHP NOW and will gladly hand most of you haters your a@@! :2tu:

But then again it's just a $385/mo Mustang and nothing special....please! :p

LOL..

no need to get hostile. I just thought it was funny that the video said "owned".

I guess in hindsight, that Cobra should have had that 1000hp BEFORE he went out and got "owned" by those snakes..

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, they ALL chose to race not just the guy in the stang, besides I've talked to the guy in the stang (00SVTDUBS) and hes really a cool guy.

Theres always a few guys on here that how wrong it is to street race but the fact of the matter is EVERYONE on here speeds from time to time (some more then others) i mean look at the car you bought, theres no way you would buy a 450hp car THEN mod it just to do the 35 Mph speedlimit and 55 Mph on highway, thats just NOT gonna happen. Some people would say "well I track it" and thats great then take the plates off it and tow it to the track.

so most of you guys need to stop being HYPACRITS and picking and choosing who's case to jump on when they street race and im SURE the fact that hes a mustang guy diden't help him any with you guys.

I don't think anyone here goes 35 and 55 highway. That would also be dangerous. There's an inherant difference between stepping on the gas for a quick jolt doing 80-100mph on a near empty road, and doing 150mph in a city with cars around you. Highways are not designed for +150mhp racing. No human reflex can counter the laws of physics. There's nothing hypocritical of people that think what went on in the video was stupid at best.

I would say it's a free country and idiots can kill themselves if they want, but I can't count how many times I get a bunch of idiots zooming by me at 150mph and nearly scrubbing, or the guys that pull up next to my Viper and trying to instigate a race by tailgating and basically trying to run me off the road. Just because I got a fancy gun doesnt mean I carry it around looking for gunfights all around the city with other idiots that have fancy guns too. Who cares if we might miss each other and hit other people?

But what REALLY makes street racing stupid is not the danger aspect of it. Around where I live, there has been a number of deaths from guys that think racing is cool on streets. I bet every one of them thought they were "good" drivers. A little rush and the victory dance after you toast a guy is not worth jailtime and losing everything you've worked hard to earn. Then again, these kids probably don't know any better and haven't really worked for their rides. Maturity has everything to do with it. On that note, I'll get back to my cartoons. :D

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Warfang you ever take Vasco Road? Not sure what part of the east bay your in, but this road is notorious for racing fatalities. Although it would be an awesome road for racing Vipers on, it's overcrowded with trucks, and other slow moving commuter vehicles. Due to the number of fatalities, it's now also littered with CHP speed traps galore (thank god for the V1 :)

Cal

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Warfang you ever take Vasco Road? Not sure what part of the east bay your in, but this road is notorious for racing fatalities. Although it would be an awesome road for racing Vipers on, it's overcrowded with trucks, and other slow moving commuter vehicles. Due to the number of fatalities, it's now also littered with CHP speed traps galore (thank god for the V1 :)

Cal

Funny you should mention Vasco. I was on it some time ago when I saw two ricers zip by me **** 100+. When they saw the Viper, they literally slammed on their brakes (smoking tires and all) and waited for me to catch up and wanted to race. Just because I have a fast car doesn't mean I want to race everybody.

I'm sure you owners get this all the time... the guy that rushes to get next to you, then slows down and paces you, trying to get your attention. How creepy is that? I get people SCREAMING at me at the stoplight trying to get my attention. I tried to teach my wife how to drive the Viper in a mall parking lot one night. Some idiots in a SUV thought it was sideshow time and followed us around the lot for half an hour. My wife was scared enough driving the Viper for the first time, without having to be terrified not knowing what the idiots in the SUV were up to. I don't know how you guys in Texas with carry permits NOT shoot every other guy that does that. Kids just need to learn some driving etiquette, but then again it's not like they had any etiquette to begin with.

I sound like a 32yr old fogie. :rolleyes:

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm sure you owners get this all the time... the guy that rushes to get next to you, then slows down and paces you, trying to get your attention. How creepy is that? I get people SCREAMING at me at the stoplight trying to get my attention. I tried to teach my wife how to drive the Viper in a mall parking lot one night. Some idiots in a SUV thought it was sideshow time and followed us around the lot for half an hour. My wife was scared enough driving the Viper for the first time, without having to be terrified not knowing what the idiots in the SUV were up to. I don't know how you guys in Texas with carry permits NOT shoot every other guy that does that. Kids just need to learn some driving etiquette, but then again it's not like they had any etiquette to begin with.

What you said x10 :eek:

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Funny you should mention Vasco. I was on it some time ago when I saw two ricers zip by me **** 100+. When they saw the Viper, they literally slammed on their brakes (smoking tires and all) and waited for me to catch up and wanted to race. Just because I have a fast car doesn't mean I want to race everybody.

I won't give ricers the time of day....I know there are some that are quick, but give me a break, most are nothing more then lowered with the big fart mobile muffler....what the hell happened to hot rodding?

Now if they pulled up next to you with a twin turbo Mitsubishi 3000GT/Dodge Stealth, I might consider it, but a Honda.....pleeze go buy a real car :mad:

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey

what the hell happened to hot rodding?

Today, image is more improtant than substance.
The rods we used to build did not even have the traditional hot rod stickers, they were clean, the $$$$ went into performance.
Today, a fart can is all that is neccessary performance wise, while body kits/parts give them an image.
And after you smoke them, hp/liter, hp/weight, etc. spews from their mouth, when the real answer is a little more weight with 2 times the power (of their car) will still beat them.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I remember guys showing up in ****** GT's. Splash stickers on the doors, platinum spark plugs, High performance plug wires and a KN. They thought they had something. Those of us that did used to laugh. This was before guys were putting the Kazoo sounding mufflers on them.
Amazing how its changed

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the vids atleast 9mths old....

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like where he says "we were just going 150 MPH" and you can see maybe 80 on the dial. Unless that's one of those 250 MPH speedo's...
While it sounds unsafe anytime you talk about pushing a car on the street, we've all done stuff like this. They were exaggerating a bit after all.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like where he says "we were just going 150 MPH" and you can see maybe 80 on the dial. Unless that's one of those 250 MPH speedo's...
While it sounds unsafe anytime you talk about pushing a car on the street, we've all done stuff like this. They were exaggerating a bit after all.

sorry... never did that, never did drugs, and never hit a nun over the head with a bat so I can steal her coinpurse... at least that's what I told the judge :D

I'm far from innocent though. I have driven over the limit, at times 20+ over the limit, but never a reckless regard for other cars... weaving through traffic with ricer in tow. Usually just a straigh stretch with no cars in sight.

When he said 150, that was proably their top speed. He didn't show the speedo until some time after that; enough time to slow down to 80 or so. It might have been 130-140 but I dont think he would say 150 then show the speedo doing 80.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I took the Viper out for a nice drive tonight as it looks like we're finally done with the rain.

I'm just amazed at the ******** stuff people do when you're in your Viper... mostly when you're stoped at an intersection... I just shake my head in amazement. I saw no less then TEN of these stunts tonight, and I live in a small town.

I've seen more cars do burn outs since I got the Viper then I can remember. It's just amazing, and most of the time their POS cars doing these stunts.... maybe I should bring my camera in case one wipes out :)

Cal