Viper Tech in Maryland (close to Baltimore)

LVB4UDI

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just bought myself a 1995 RT10 and I was hoping someone out there could suggest a good tech for any mechanical problems that may arise in the future, plus all the regular maintenance that I need to do now (oil change, fluid changes etc…)
Unrelated, I’m picking the car up in Buffalo NY and was planning on driving it back, should I buy a bra for the front to help with stone chips? Or do something else. Let me know if anyone has gone through this before.
Thx in advance
JD

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Bras are bad for paint (unless it's clear-bra, which is a plastic film applied directly to the frontal surfaces of the car). I wouldn't put a leather/vinyl bra on the car for the drive down, but I think it would be a great idea to get clear bra at some point if you plan on putting miles on your car.

2. You might stop and visit Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge in NY. He is one of the premier supporters of the Viper community and a great guy. He can teach you more about your Viper in an hour than you ever thought possible.

3. There is a Viper Tech named Wayne (I believe that's his name) at Reed Brothers Dodge in Rockville. That's the closest one that I know of to you (and I know that's not terribly close), but he's a Viper owner himself and he loves the cars. Someone else around here may know of someone closer to you.

4. Welcome to the forum! Spend the $100 on the VCA membership, it's worth it. The VA/MD region is a pretty active one, and in addition to the great events, you get discounts from many vendors.

Enjoy your car, and make sure to SHOW US SOME PICTURES! :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can schedule it I concur with the Chuck Tator advice for checking on the car. Once you are back here you will need someone closer. I suggest Bryon Muller. He's an independent Viper tech. Since Jason Heffner left the area he's the only one I let touch my cars. He's located in Falls Church VA but you will probably be able to have him come to your home to check the car and do work as long as it's minor and a lift is not required.
Here are his numbers

If you want to visit with Chuck on the way back his number is 914.763.3136

And please do join VCA, you will enjoy the activities, check the region page off the front page here. And don't wait for your credentials to arrive just show up, you will be welcomed. Join by calling VCA at 800.998.1110 with a credit card in hand. $100 for the year.
AND please be careful on the way back if you drive, Vipers do NOT do well in cold weather as far as traction, and I mean on DRY pavement. And if those tires are more than a few years old it's actually not advisable to even try.
We have a great guy based here who is a Viper owner and transporter. He is reknown for his service level on the board here. Name is Gary Almond and you can contact him at www.almondexotictransports.com

OP
OP
L

LVB4UDI

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx- Im sorry for the late reply, I cant navigate this site to well yet. thx for all the help and advice. Im signing up for the VCA this week. Hope to see-ya around
Cheers!
JD

PS -I'll get those pics on here ASAP!
PSS - Had the car trucked down from NY in an enclosed, well worth the $$$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine