Viper tuner in Michigan

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are some good, reliable viper tuners/mechanics in Michigan? I'm looking at getting some headers put on with the possibility of getting a tune and some other work done. I have heard of a few header fit issues that I really don't want to deal with. I could still probably do it myself, but would prefer to have someone who knows vipers do it for me.

Thx

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are asking me, there is only one place in michigan to service a viper Dick Scott Dodge the service manager Rod will take great car of you and your car, they are located in Plymouth MI 734-451-3535

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing headers doesn't require special knowledge and PCM retuning. The only way to modify your ignition/injection is to hook up another computer to your Viper. It is called VEC2.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dick Scott Dodge is the only place in Michigan I'd trust with my Viper. Had a bad experience at a local Dodge dealer (employees joyriding in my car), now I drive almost 2 hours to go to Dick Scott's.

The first time I went there, I handed the guy at the customer service desk my keys, thinking he was going to pull my car in, and he said "we can't even touch any Vipers here, only the service manager and Viper tech can drive them in." That's nice to know.

http://www.scottdodge.com/

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you are asking me, there is only one place in michigan to service a viper Dick Scott Dodge the service manager Rod will take great car of you and your car, they are located in Plymouth MI 734-451-3535

I agree. Rod is a great guy and friend. Ron J. has seen our car a couple times over the years ---just for some fluid changes and checkover. Top notch facility!

That being said, You definitely do not need to go there for headers...at least Belangers. Any good muffler shop you trust can put them on. Belangers bolt right up -- no fit problems at all. I took a day off of work, went to the shop
--air tools and a rack make things go much easier---took us 4 hours start to finish.

Steve

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing headers doesn't require special knowledge and PCM retuning. The only way to modify your ignition/injection is to hook up another computer to your Viper. It is called VEC2.

Or a used VEC 1 (several in the Classifieds) there is also an AEM unit (big overkill) :)

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also interested in Autoform's capabilities, especilly for the recalls on my 96 and 98. I live 20+ miles from them, have e-mailed twice but no response. What gives? Has anyone used them?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought a few things from Autoform and also know of others that have used them. I had a good experience.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor had the misfortune of wrecking his Viper RT10 on the track, badly (totalled) and Autoform did the repairs. I swear you would never know the car was in a wreck. He raves about them, I think for good reason. I think they build race Vipers too. I think you will be in good hands for minor mods. Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS