Viper/Vette/FBody Drag Racing Shootout, May 4, MD Intl Raceway

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mid-Atlantic F-Body Club will hold a Viper/Vette/F-Body/Lightning Shootout on May 4 at Maryland International Raceway (Budd's Creek). All VCA members are invited. Fun starts at 9:00 am. Cost is $20 for drivers, $12 for spectators. Trophies will be awarded. Long pants required for all drivers. VCA contact is Jason Heffner, 410-766-2800. Details, directions and last-minute status is on-line here .

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be lots of fun. I hope You guys bring some fast Vipers!
We will bring the fast C5 Vettes.

All in good fun.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Figures. Lightnings are premited but Impalas aren't. Life really ***** sometimes. Oh well, I'll still try to attend.

Wide Open Throttle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, but without my vette. Helping the girlfriend move out of her dorm in Washington DC that weekend and being that I'm from jersey I'll opt to bring down the old van that day. Can't fit much in a vette ya know. But I'll be there to cheerlead a few friends on
laugh.gif
. Should be like 5 of them. Look for the Cartek cars.

Later - Max

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Is the shootout still on after the tornado? I hear La Plata got smashed and most of the locals have closed up shop temporarily. Didn't know if the racetrack was one of them.

OP
OP
R

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the MIR website, they did not experience any damage from the tornado. All events will be held as scheduled. So everything's a go! Weather looks to be partly sunny, mid 70's. Good for making HP.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well so far I haven't heard much of a response. I'm planning on bringing my Impala SS out (which I know will clash with the vipers.)

I'll be coming from Rehoboth so I should, unless an unscheduled track supervisor meeting takes place, be at the Bay Bridge McDonalds at 6:45 - 7ish. I'll leave there no later than 7:15 and go straight to the 301 Wal Mart parking Lot (8ish.) We'll leave there by 8:30-8:45 and head as a group to MIR.

For those joining in my number is 3027457797. You can call me if you're running late. There is no posted info on this event on the MIR WebPages so if you're competing you may have to show up earlier.

Looks to be an interesting way to meet up with local friends and have a good time. Hope to see you there.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mayasa:
the new walmart in laplata
or the old one in waldorf?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither. We're looking to meet up at the one in Bowie at the 301/50 split. Several people will be coming down from Baltimore, DE, even NJ so I figure since we're all going to have to use the same road anyway...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper