NARRA ViperDays at Pocono Raceway 9/10 - 9/12

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NARRA/Viper Days at
Pocono International Raceway
September 10-12, 2010
Please join NARRA/Viper Days at the beautiful Pocono Raceway! This international road racing circuit has accommodated the most exotic sports cars in the world. The course features 8 turns, 2 S's and a straightaway that's 3,055 feet long. The track width varies from 30-100'. It is located in the beautiful Pocono Mountain Resort area of Northeastern Pennsylvania and just minutes south of Interstate 80.

Friday [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Test & Tune[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There will be a Test & Tune on Friday, September 10th. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Test & Tune is for Intermediate/Advanced Drivers and Racers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced Driver Education[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In car and classroom instruction are available on Saturday and Sunday. Lapping day sessions are available for Intermediate and Advanced drivers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dodge Viper Cup and Viper Racing League[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Viper Racing League and Dodge Viper Cup races on both Saturday and Sunday. Dodge Viper Cup races will be TELEVISED on VERSUS. Click Here to View TV Schedule

[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Challenge Series Timed Lapped Competition [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A fastest lap competition for graduates of the driver education programs and other qualified drivers who compete for weekend trophies and points toward a national competition.[/FONT]​

Hotel Information
The following hotel offers specially discounted rates for NARRA/Viper Days attendees. [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hotel is located about 30 minutes from the track. Please call the number
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]below to make your reservations. Please sure to mention North American Road Racing Association or NARRA as your call-in code. The hotel rate is $123/night for single occupancy and includes breakfast daily. The Saturday night banquet is also INCLUDED with your hotel reservation at the Inn at Pocono Manor. Your room occupancy will indicate the number of banquet tickets. [/FONT]​
[/FONT]
The Inn at Pocono Manor
Route 314​
Pocono Manor, PA 18349​
(570) 839-7111

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cocktail Party and Banquet Information [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NARRA/Viper Days will be hosting a Cocktail Party Friday evening for all paid particpants and a Banquet Saturday evening at the Inn at Pocono Manor. The banquet is INCLUDED with your hotel reservation in the NARRA room block. Guests not staying at the hotel can purchase a banquet ticket for $45. [/FONT]​

*SPECIAL DISCOUNTS*
NY/CY & NJ Track Day at NJMSP Thunderbolt Track Discount
Any VCA member who attends this track day event will receive a $100 credit towards his Pocono entry fee. Viper Days sign-ups must be before August 11th to qualify. VCA members may combine this discount only with their $50 VCA discount.

Buddy Discount
Any VCA member who signs up a non-Viper to an event gets a $50 credit toward his own track fee per sign up.

Club Reward

As local VCA members attend Viper Days we will keep a tally of how many events are attended by members of each club. Once your members have participated in an aggregate of 20 Viper Days events during one season we will contribute $500 cash to your club.

Challenge Series Pole Award

The fastest Challenge Series time for a Challenge Series driver receives a $350 NARRA/Viper Days Challenge weekend voucher for the 2011 season and a trophy.
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Event Pricing [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Friday Test & Tune (Intermediate, Advance, & Racers Only): $395 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Challenge (Beginner, Intermediate, & Advance) Single Day: $395 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Challenge (Beginner, Intermediate, & Advance) Saturday & Sunday: $695[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Race Non-Contingency Single Day: $395
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Race Non-Contingency Saturday & Sunday: $695 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Race VCC Class Single Day: $795 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Race VCC Class Saturday & Sunday: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1195[/FONT]
ACR-X Cup Single Day: $1400
ACR-X Cup Saturday & Sunday: $2800

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

[SIZE=+0]The track will be run Counter Clockwise in the formation below:[/SIZE]
100.jpg

Discounts
You must be registered for see images
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $50 discount off your entry with VCA membership.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Join the VCA and save![/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial Black, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more information, contact:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lindsey Douglas[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](817) 829-4893[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or visit our website, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]www.viperdays.com[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys:

There is a special $100 discount available for the Pocono event which can be cobmbined with your VCA discount for a total of $150. You must sign up by August 31.

In Addition, all sign ups by August 31 will be entered into a raffle for four Archer Racing Accessories labor coupons you can use at Pocono!

If you have any non-Viper friends call me at (203) 414-3330 and you will get a $50 addtional discount for each friend who signs up.

Check out our website for more information at Viperdays.com

See you there.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you call for the hotel reservation, you have to use " North American Road Racing Association" and NOT NARRA or they won't find it.

Diane

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been so excited that my race date was moved , I am now in for the event. Guys and gals this is the event of the year. If you liked our track event or thought about doing our event and couldn't , this is event not to be missed .

A full 2 days driving Pocono's Long Course (amazing in our Vipers) plus we get to watch the New ACR-X series race (recorded for TV) and support races. I cant tell you how great this event will be. Even if you do not want to track your car you should come to the event and see amazing cars and drivers.

Plus we have been lucky enough that NARRA is offering our members a $150 off the entrance fee. I guarantee you guys will love the event.Everyone come on out and play

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in:
"Today Hoosier Tire agreed to give 40% off one set of Hoosier slicks (R6 Model) for a Viper at a drawing for one lucky VCA member who signs up by the 31st. That's $1,080 for a set of slicks that cost almost $1800."

Sign up it will be an amazing time P.S. if you win and don't want the tires I will buy the coupon from you :)

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in for Saturday and Sunday. I'll be arriving late Friday night.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Tony and Ed. I will have my ********* truck there if you need me to bring anything for you guys.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be giving some drive arounds to racers and helping a ACR-X team or two and giving some chalk talks ..........maybe I will even have time to get some hot laps in my car :)

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets all paddock together I will be up late Thursday night look for my ********* truck when you get to the track

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signed up for both days. Did anyone notice the odd off shoot after turn one? I have run Pocono several times and never included that short turn at the beginning of the back straight. Is this something new? I asked Narra and they didnt know either.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signed up for both days. Did anyone notice the odd off shoot after turn one? I have run Pocono several times and never included that short turn at the beginning of the back straight. Is this something new? I asked Narra and they didnt know either.

It looks like a chicane. But if the track is counter-clockwise why are the arrows showing running clockwise? :dunno: I love that track, should be a lot of fun as always!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned it to NARRA. They are checking.

Tony I assume you are done with the build? How did it go? Care to share some numbers?

It looks like a chicane. But if the track is counter-clockwise why are the arrows showing running clockwise? :dunno: I love that track, should be a lot of fun as always!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned it to NARRA. They are checking.

Tony I assume you are done with the build? How did it go? Care to share some numbers?

Build done...waiting to tune. Tuning with Frank Smith on Friday 9/10 and then heading down to Pocono. You'll be the first to see the dyno sheet! :)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to see the number and hear it. What time yup headed there?

Build done...waiting to tune. Tuning with Frank Smith on Friday 9/10 and then heading down to Pocono. You'll be the first to see the dyno sheet! :)

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony heard your BQ was awesome cant wait to hear how your car is running it should be awesome :)
The track will be run counter clockwise with no chicane. If you guys need anything call my cell I will be headed to the track Thursday night

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to see the number and hear it. What time yup headed there?

Nader, I'm afraid I'm going to be arriving very late Friday night depending on when the tuner gets here. I was hoping to drive down with Ed and yourself but I dont think i can do it. I may very well be leaving CT around 10pm or so Friday night. I'll let you know for certain though.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader and I will be leaving Long Island sometime around 730-8 on Friday if anyone else wants to drive with us.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an awesome event. Everyone at NARRA should be commended for a great event. It was great to see Dodge so active and see those aw some ACRX's. (I was drooling the whole time-I need to hit the lottery)

Great seeing everyone
Special thanks to Rich,Lou and Ed for trying to guide my 10' wide truck through a 9.99' opening (man we almost made it ) and then trying to lift the front of a mustang with the help of an ACRX team LOL the mustang won but let just say the fenders maybe flared a little.

Nader - your little girl is awsome shes so cute :)

Lou - dude not right to tease me with the damn shrimp :)

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an awesome event. Everyone at NARRA should be commended for a great event. It was great to see Dodge so active and see those aw some ACRX's. (I was drooling the whole time-I need to hit the lottery)

Great seeing everyone
Special thanks to Rich,Lou and Ed for trying to guide my 10' wide truck through a 9.99' opening (man we almost made it ) and then trying to lift the front of a mustang with the help of an ACRX team LOL the mustang won but let just say the fenders maybe flared a little.

Nader - your little girl is awsome shes so cute :)

Lou - dude not right to tease me with the damn shrimp :)

HAHAHA that was a blast! Thanks Steve for sharing your truck/trailer for our home-base on Saturday and for all your advice on tracking the car. Great to see everybody!
I learned a lot about giving point-bys thanks to Lou and Rich and Rich and Tom and Rick :rolaugh:

I have a camera full of pictures to empty and post - I'll catch up to it all later tonight or tomorrow... I might even have a good picture of our encounter with the NJ State Police on the way out there...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hear the VIPER CUP racing was fast and furious, and even NASCAR-LIKE as the points battles heat up? Any official results posted?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will be giving some drive arounds to racers and helping a ACR-X team or two and giving some chalk talks ..........maybe I will even have time to get some hot laps in my car :)

STEVE, did U get some laps in with White Lightning?

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who where there Saturday and not Sunday.....the track was almost empty Sunday and in good condition. It was awesome

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ni1RX-LRtU[/media]

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I had passangers all day Saterday but the last session I made sure I went out alone with a transponder. My best time was a 1:27.5 thats on a bone stock ACR except for brake pads and steel braided lines on stock tires. (I have never even adjusted the shocks still has unbroken sticker on them) Only 5 sec off the fastest ACRX , with there slicks I bet I could have been close to the pole time :)

Man do I wish I had a shot to drive an X

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ton of pics also. I will try to post soon. I had a great time as usual guys. Special thanks to Lou for providing the pistacios in between runs and Rich for making fun of me for not showing up Sunday.

Good times. I hope to see you all again soon. Now I just need to spend a few days cleaning the car...

HAHAHA that was a blast! Thanks Steve for sharing your truck/trailer for our home-base on Saturday and for all your advice on tracking the car. Great to see everybody!
I learned a lot about giving point-bys thanks to Lou and Rich and Rich and Tom and Rick :rolaugh:

I have a camera full of pictures to empty and post - I'll catch up to it all later tonight or tomorrow... I might even have a good picture of our encounter with the NJ State Police on the way out there...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, if i do the changes i want on my car with the brakes and wheels/tires, look out ! I'll be just about done with whatever i can do to that car and the rest is my driving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21