Viper VS Nissian GTR at the Track.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some video of our track day today. Here I am with a Nissan GTR (The new 500 HP AWD car from Japan)hope you enjoy:

Nissian GTR VS VIPER- Video

Afterwards the GTR driver came over to me and said he couldn't believe a Viper could handle like that. I just smiled. :)

-Dan

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afterwards the GTR driver came over to me and said he couldn't believe a Viper could handle like that. I just smiled. :)
-Dan

Looked like a great run ! Obviously, an experienced driver can make up for lots of performance differences. You should have talked him into switching cars for a few laps so that we could get a good comparison review !

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good job, Perhaps Nissan should have used a Viper as the car to beat instead of the 911 they had following them around for 2 yrs. Nasty suprise for the GTR owner when he takes his car to the dealer next time and finds his warranty voided when they download the telemetry from his car.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Haven't had that much fun at the track for a while. :2tu:

And the GTR owner was a real nice guy hope we can run them again sometime. :drive:

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had over 1,000 views in 24 hours now its up to 1,200 views. Looks like its going to be one of my more popular videos. :)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The impressive part is that you pushed him to his limit even though he had what is a more "advanced" car. Of course, without knowing his experience level, it may not be a fair comparison. I'm sure that I couldn't keep up with you at my experience level !

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The last GTR I saw on the track wasn't that impressive either. But I imagine an inexperienced driver in the GTR compared to experienced Viper drivers makes up for a lot of horsepower differential.

Bigviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
realy enjoyed that, you didn't seen to be ringing the neck out of your car either, go dodge!!!!

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The impressive part is that you pushed him to his limit even though he had what is a more "advanced" car. Of course, without knowing his experience level, it may not be a fair comparison. I'm sure that I couldn't keep up with you at my experience level !

The guy in the Nissan GTR is Bob.....a Real Nice guy. He used to own an
elise that he tracked, is a track day instructor and he races in the scca. :2tu:

G

Gotvenom 08

Great video! Has me all pumped for my track day tommorrow at Road America.

Thanks Dan

Tim

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's nice to see a 15 year old car (and you) lose only a second a lap to a new race car. Just goes to show the legacy of the Viper is real. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's nice to see a 15 year old car (and you) lose only a second a lap to a new race car. Just goes to show the legacy of the Viper is real. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think I lost near a second a lap. :lmao: :drive:

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some have asked for the video without the music:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWnSUXS7k8[/media]

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CIMG5166small.jpg

nuff said...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some have asked for the video without the music:

Oh !!! I just assumed that you played music while you drove; much like the "Stig." Wait a second, I hope that I am not revealing a secret identity.... :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh !!! I just assumed that you played music while you drove; much like the "Stig." Wait a second, I hope that I am not revealing a secret identity.... :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images

That's probably the best compliment I have ever recieved. Some say the stig is a fat ass, balding man, from Kansas.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's probably the best compliment I have ever recieved. Some say the stig is a fat ass, balding man, from Kansas.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

With a full face helmet on and behind the wheel of a Viper on the track, we are what we want to be for at least a little while ! :drive:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTR's are not that impressive...they can be driven to the limit by just about any level driver, but, definitely not all the rags claimed they were. At summit point and at HPT, the Z06 was putting several seconds on it per lap...
A combination of your driving and your tires would do wonders against brand new technology.