Viper was Keyed, How should I handle with Insurance?

ski racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some one thought it would be funny to key the hood and front bumper of my 1997 Viper GTS, The area on the hood went deep, about 6 inches long then a minor for about another 16 inches. Insurance adjuster is coming to look at it, any special knowledge I need for a value on getting the hood and front bumber repainted, also can a dealer repaint it or should it be done at a high end shop?
Thanks

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No need for a dealer to do it. Most send it out anyway as they do not have the facilities. As far as painting make sure you go to a shop that has done a Viper in the past. You want to have the panels lineup as good as they were before paint. That is if the need to take anything off.
Lastly your car is almost 11 years old. Matching the paint will be tough because of fading etc. Make sure the whole car matches!!!!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, that really ticks me off! :mad: It is a shame that you can't have nice things nowaday's without worrying about someone wanting to vandalize or steal what you have. I put a surveillance system around my house with camera's in the garage also. House, garage and cars all have alarms but the police can't do much unless you have evidence on video.
Jealous people are a--h--es!!

SuperBird4404BBL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people that do that should be strung up. Someone did it to my wife's newly painted Dodge Challenger. I'd love to catch the person responsible.

OP
OP
S

ski racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, The Viper was parked in the garage of the lodge I manage in Vail CO, do not have security cameras but looking into getting them now. Never had a problem in the past three years since I had the Viper in the garage, guess it is just a matter of time before some a$$ had to do it.

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inquire and/or research dimunition in value on your insurance policy. Some states/policies allow for it. It can't hurt to ask.

BTW, I was in ****** Creek 3 months ago but didn't get over to Vail except for dinner. We had a great time except 2 of us sea level dwellers got sick - one got altitude sickness and the other burned his eyes wearing cheap sunglasses on the mountain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte