Viper with Nitto 05r, pics needed

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to purchase Nitto 05r for the back and 05 for the front.
my setup would be 19 back and 18 front.

Please share some pics for SRT10 vipers with nitto 05r.

any thought and comment on these tires would be appreciated too.

thanks.

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone? I'm interested in this setup on sidewinders.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got NT05R with the ACR wheels, will post pics when I'm back home but they do look much better then the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Edit: they hook up really well from 1st gear but they don't last as long as the Michelin ofcourse. You'll also have to give it a couple of days when you fit the tires and try not to speed over 80, they need to take shape of the road surface. If they haven't taken shape you'll get this feel that when speeding the car tends to take either a left or right like its not stable or like you've got a loose wheel. You will know what I'm talking about when you fit them on.

Last edited:

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see pics as well. Bet it really bulks up the rear view of the car.

F

FrgMstr

I had decided to use the same setup on my '08, but changed my mind after talking with the guys out in the bay at Discount Tire and a couple of guys that had run the radials. Had one tell me to not expect to get 5000 miles out of those if I left the tires on the car full time. Had another guy tell me I would be lucky to get 3000 miles out of those NT05R tires. Another guy told me that he would not use those for street driving and that those had a tendency to pull on a road, as opposed to the track. Got that same story from one Viper driver as well. One guy at Discount told me that every set that he had installed were not left on for road use. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I would share my thoughts with you as I have been looking at this for a couple of month and talking to folks about it. Those NT05R tires do hook up well though...

I decided to pull back and put the 335 NT05 on back along with th 295 NT05 up front.

Here is a GREAT write-up on a Gen III/IV with NT05s.

Good thread here with feedback on drag radial handling as well.

These NT05 tires do not look bad either. Very much the same look at the 345 Kumho XS and about the same size as the 345 too.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My nitto invo hooked superbly in first gear at 499 rwhp

They hooked good enough in first at 527 rwhp

Now at 555 rwhp they just spin and spin in first or even second.

Rains a lot where I live and Im afraid of running with the nt05r.

Will the nt05 street tire be able to hold 555 rwhp in first gear? Better tire than my current nitto invo?

Thanks

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My nitto invo hooked superbly in first gear at 499 rwhp

They hooked good enough in first at 527 rwhp

Now at 555 rwhp they just spin and spin in first or even second.

Rains a lot where I live and Im afraid of running with the nt05r.

Will the nt05 street tire be able to hold 555 rwhp in first gear? Better tire than my current nitto invo?

Thanks

The NT05R holds my 925 rwhp pretty well. So well, that on a slightly bumpy road I lost second gear while just accelerating.

Sheared all of the teeth off the the gear.

Dan

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NT05R holds my 925 rwhp pretty well. So well, that on a slightly bumpy road I lost second gear while just accelerating.

Sheared all of the teeth off the the gear.

Dan

How many miles have you gotten out of your NT05 R's? How do they look? Do they still hook as well as when they were new?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Haven't keep good track of the miles but they still look good and are still hooking up well. They are just over a year old.

iownedu

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im curious about street mileage out of an NT05r as well. I was gonna do NT05 all the way around, but I think with 692whp I would be better with the R on the back.... Hoping for 6k miles out of an R?