VIPERD's insane supercharged world

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPERD\'s insane supercharged world

I spent Saturday afternoon with VIPERD and had a chance to take a long ride in his supercharged Mamba to Visions of speed (who did his work). I thought I would share my thoughts:
1. AFter comparing many factors, ie., cost, power, enjoyment, etc., Supercharging ( or turbocharging) is THE way to go. I spent thousands on a headers, full exhaust, intake, and gears - I can't believe what a mistake it was. MY car was so audibly abusive it wasn't even funny. After being in this car I would do things differently the next time around. Visions built a custom exhaust too; they certainly got it right.

After experiencing this car I don't think spending big, big money with a named tuner is necessary - The basic kit plus some extras and a GOOD, Competent (someone who can use a dyno ) tuner is enough.

2. VIPERD's car sounds slightly louder than stock at idle and cruise, but at wide open throttle it is a totally different animal. I felt like I was on a motorcycle and not a car. It is just awesome!

3. The power is SMOOTH. The supercharger's power, to me, seemed to come on progressively - not like an all at once kick. (make no mistake - The car is just ridiculously fast.) By the end of the ride I was truly impressed.

4. The tuning on the car is right on - That seems to be a product of the shop who did the work.

VERDICT: Forced induction can be done in a safe and cost effective manner - and oh what

Oh, one more thing - VIPERD needs to get his head examined. He plans on turbocharging this thing. Can't wait to get a ride.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: VIPERD\'s insane supercharged world

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully you will do it all over again soon ;) ;) ;)

vd..

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper D, where is Visions of Speed located? I'm about to purchase a White Mamba and I'm looking for a similar setup like yours. Thanks!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper D, where is Visions of Speed located? I'm about to purchase a White Mamba and I'm looking for a similar setup like yours. Thanks!

Visions Of Speed, LLC
11 Olympic Way
Poughkeepsie NY
Phone: 845-486-1003
Fax: 845-486-0883
e-mail: [email protected]

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

email me and I will hook you up with the owners cell #

[email protected]

great choice they do great work

vd..
:2tu:

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperD,

What numbers are you getting for 1/4 mile, what trap speed?

How much boost?

In addition to the 2005 Mamba, I have a supercharged Corvette running 14 psi.