Vipers at Petit Le Mans

schabiazabi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody going to Petit Le mans on the 20th? Vipers will be running there.

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture from the prior race:
You must be registered for see images attach

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always a shame to see how much of a choke they put on our V10's WTH:(

The Comp Coupes at the World Challenge races had like quarter size hole over the intakes.

It's like running a marathon breathing through a straw.

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if there is anyway to get into the SRT area without the full package? I am working the race and won't have my car or anything and obviously don't need tickets.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother lives in Atlanta and owns an NSX so I'm sure he'll stop by and see you guys. He's goes to the races every year. Take it easy on him though:)He's short a few cylinders.

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BoP adjustment for the Vipers at Petit, -20kg, and 75mm higher wing. Haven't found an official link yet, just twitter traffic, and insider info ;)

OP
OP
S

schabiazabi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm driving from New Jersey. I still have to disassemble my entire suspension along with brakes, drive train, and hand it off for blasting and powder coating before I leave on Friday.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BoP adjustment for the Vipers at Petit, -20kg, and 75mm higher wing. Haven't found an official link yet, just twitter traffic, and insider info ;)

Sounds good now let's hope it will bring good results despite the intake restrictors. Speaking of those are they getting a bigger opening next season?

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an email from Dominik last night.

He and the boys are doing great.

The cars are running GREAT!

"We are very very close to the top spot!"

:2tu::drive:

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember the displacement limit in the series. The only way Vipers were allowed to run an 8 liter engine is that they were grandfathered in the original series. It may sound unfair but they might be better off to run V8's in the cars to escape the restrictors. They would probably be more competitive too because they wouldn't be so choked down. Can you imagine one the NASCAR style V8's in the new Viper! It is a shame that such fine handling cars can't use the power they were designed for but I guess some of the other competitors feel the same way. Any series that tries to equalize cars by displacement, restrictors, weight, or other means is fighting a constant battle to keep things even.

Always a shame to see how much of a choke they put on our V10's WTH:(

The Comp Coupes at the World Challenge races had like quarter size hole over the intakes.

It's like running a marathon breathing through a straw.

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good now let's hope it will bring good results despite the intake restrictors. Speaking of those are they getting a bigger opening next season?

We're running the largest restrictor opening of all the GT2/E cars, that I know of, ie per the rule book. I haven't looked at all the waivers and BoP adjustments. I don't know if it will get bigger or not, but I suspect Petit will help determine what the team gets for Sebring, regarding weight, aero, and restrictors.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're running the largest restrictor opening of all the GT2/E cars, that I know of, ie per the rule book. I haven't looked at all the waivers and BoP adjustments. I don't know if it will get bigger or not, but I suspect Petit will help determine what the team gets for Sebring, regarding weight, aero, and restrictors.

Mr. Gunman, you must be associated with our friends from Riley Technologies. Correct? :)

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember the displacement limit in the series. The only way Vipers were allowed to run an 8 liter engine is that they were grandfathered in the original series. It may sound unfair but they might be better off to run V8's in the cars to escape the restrictors. They would probably be more competitive too because they wouldn't be so choked down. Can you imagine one the NASCAR style V8's in the new Viper! It is a shame that such fine handling cars can't use the power they were designed for but I guess some of the other competitors feel the same way. Any series that tries to equalize cars by displacement, restrictors, weight, or other means is fighting a constant battle to keep things even.

motion to ban for suggesting any viper be swapped over to a V8

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they were within a second of the group leaders during the final practice session Wed.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TIME TO BRING THE VIPER BACK TO THE REAL LE MANS 24H RACE :eater:waiting for the official announcement :drive: