Vipers at Petit Le Mans

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TIME TO BRING THE VIPER BACK TO THE REAL LE MANS 24H RACE :eater:waiting for the official announcement :drive:

You got that right.

As soon as we get the announcement (hopefully), I will be putting together a VCA group trip to France for the race.

Stay tuned!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COUNT ME IN FOR THAT TRIP :yay: Matter of fact you will receive a pm in a bit I may be able to be of assistance.

you got that right.

As soon as we get the announcement (hopefully), i will be putting together a vca group trip to france for the race.

Stay tuned!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully SRT gets invited to Le Mans next year.

Quote from Atlanta > " Class winners of this event receive an automatic invitation to the following year's 24 Hours of Le Mans".

They may not be invited without showing some progress:drive: Maybe come in 2nd or 3rd helps though.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from Atlanta > " Class winners of this event receive an automatic invitation to the following year's 24 Hours of Le Mans".

They may not be invited without showing some progress:drive: Maybe come in 2nd or 3rd helps though.
Well with the race two thirds done and one Viper 2 laps down in GT and the other 6 laps down it does not look good. The Vettes as usual are very dominate and fast. Ferraris are all over the track and walls !! Im sure they will still be at Le Mans though $$$$$$

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're running the largest restrictor opening of all the GT2/E cars, that I know of, ie per the rule book. I haven't looked at all the waivers and BoP adjustments. I don't know if it will get bigger or not, but I suspect Petit will help determine what the team gets for Sebring, regarding weight, aero, and restrictors.

The Viper will always have the largest restrictor because its the most powerful motor in the field by a good margin. Remember, this isn't a stock Viper V10 they are running. It's capable of humongous power. If this were the old GT1 it would be allowed to run 600 hp and breath more freely. But this class is based on GT2.

The Viper will get invited, they don't need to podium to do so. Lemans needs the publicity of another major manufacturer. And they have shown this weekend that they can be competitive. ALMS isn't going to allow any car to just jump in the series and dominate, so they are bringing the Viper along slowly, but it will be VERY competitive next year, just watch. SRT isn't joking either. The driver lineup is as good as any in GT.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well was an 8th place finish for 91 and a dnf for the 93 as it had some issues after downshifting into a corner and what sounded like it instantly bouncing off the rev limiter before doing some off roading....

And Mark if I end up over there, I would so take you up on a ride if yellow owners are allowed in your car! :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Mark if I end up over there, I would so take you up on a ride if yellow owners are allowed in your car! :D

Chad.. CHAD where are you :omg:

I knew I should have stayed up until the race was fully over by the time I shut down the laptop and went to bed they were still in 7th.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, come to the UK first, and we can run the car all the way down to Le mans and back :) Great driving roads in France where a Viper can really stretch its legs ;)

I'm sure we could team up with a couple more Vipers from the UK and also link up with the French Viper Passion guys too :)

I normally depart the UK at around 6am Thursday morning and return to the UK Monday afternoon ;) It makes for a great long weekend :)

Gunman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper will always have the largest restrictor because its the most powerful motor in the field by a good margin. Remember, this isn't a stock Viper V10 they are running. It's capable of humongous power. If this were the old GT1 it would be allowed to run 600 hp and breath more freely. But this class is based on GT2.

Largest, as in the biggest opening in the restrictors. The 20kg ballast reduction, and raised wing helped. The cars were keeping decent pace, and even though we had some issues, getting one car to the end of it's first real endurance race gave reason to celebrate. Now to make improvements in the "off season".

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Largest, as in the biggest opening in the restrictors. The 20kg ballast reduction, and raised wing helped. The cars were keeping decent pace, and even though we had some issues, getting one car to the end of it's first real endurance race gave reason to celebrate. Now to make improvements in the "off season".

Ya'll are doing a great job with a new, unsorted car and the current rules.:2tu::usa:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For you guys that went, how was it? I thought about going, but after being so used to running that track, and pretty much having free-run of everywhere, I had a feeling I would get annoyed with the crowds and not being able to just go wherever I wanted without being stuck in a crowd. Was it a packed house, or were you able to move around pretty freely?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The fact that one car finished, the lap times for both were quite respectable, bodes well for next year. To come into a highly competitive Series that was over half way through it's season and have the results at the toughest race of the season is very heartening. Good show from the Viper pilots and 2013 looks to be a very exciting year in the ALMS!!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for the trip to Le Mans.... 2013 of 2014, I'll be there! -> It would be a nice trip from UK or NL to France.....

Consider the transportation covered starting in The Netherlands, all my boss needs to hear is who will pay the bill for renting the busses with our drivers and I will make sure they are prepared properly before departing to the hotel(s) where everyone is staying at.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the same way, I was there Wed - Fri, and by Friday it got pretty crowded. I heard it was packed on Saturday.......and 12-15 Vipers showed up at the SRT tent....Ralph was also there on Saturday!

For you guys that went, how was it? I thought about going, but after being so used to running that track, and pretty much having free-run of everywhere, I had a feeling I would get annoyed with the crowds and not being able to just go wherever I wanted without being stuck in a crowd. Was it a packed house, or were you able to move around pretty freely?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, come to the UK first, and we can run the car all the way down to Le mans and back :) Great driving roads in France where a Viper can really stretch its legs ;)

I'm sure we could team up with a couple more Vipers from the UK and also link up with the French Viper Passion guys too :)

I normally depart the UK at around 6am Thursday morning and return to the UK Monday afternoon ;) It makes for a great long weekend :)

That sounds even more tempting!

So what is stretching legs on a red Viper? 90? 100 KPH? :lmao::D

Chad.. CHAD where are you :omg:

:rolaugh: He does not want to answer you! :pbt:

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ITV, by bus??? I'd like to travel in style. Anyone that could provide this hitchhiker a lift with a Viper? Else I'll probably travel with my brother's 2012 Beetle Turbo. Easy to make a convoi with the red Vipers doing 100 km/h ;-)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arjen are you kidding me a bus or a.. *gasp with partial facepalm*.. Beetle Turbo :eater:? In that case you better ride with me and my Viper-in-training: Calibra Turbo AWD with 6 speed and (by that time) OEM climate control.

I'm sure you are not picturing everyone from the US coughing up the money to ship their Vipers overseas just for this trip so they can travel in style right (which is likely what daytonprowler is hinting at) ;)