Vipers belong in Europe - Chapter II

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Europe is a neat place for a Viper?? Wish I could drive there?? Viper days is planning an European getaway in September of 2003. If the interest is there we will ship 20 Vipers to Germany. This is planned to be a five star trip. Daily drive from one castle to another five star castle. Luggage would be transported ahead and all you had to do was get your key. There will be plenty of time for shopping and sight seeing. Just don’t be late for check in!! Do this for six days and end up at Nuremberg ring. Spend one morning on the track.
We are hopeful that our European VCA friends will join us for cruise on the autobahn.

Should we continue our planning?? Are there twenty Viper couples that want to do this trip of a lifetime? We await the response from the Viper nation. We already have four reservations!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats 3 years ahead, but I would like to participate - where is the start? Some details, please.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Are there twenty Viper couples that want to do this trip of a lifetime?
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw shoot! Does it have to be a couple? Can't I go stag? Maybe Markus can hook me up with some fraulines?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some details I could find...

Nuerburgring, Lap times:
========================
CARS:
Audi A4 30:00 (90 hp Turbo Diesel)
laugh.gif

Boxster S 8:32
Honda S2000 8:39
BMW M Roadster 8:32
BMW X5 LeMans 7:50 (700 hp!)
BMW Z8 8:16

Porsche 911 GAMBALLA GTR600(600hp/479Tq)7:32.5 (Thanks Themash)
TechArt GT Street 911 (600hp) 7:43.4

VIPER 7:50 (331 KW, estimated by ...............)
8:10 (302 KW, ... some German club members)

BIKES:
best time WITH a bike 7:49 (average 160 km/h) on a Honda VFR 750R

track is 20,8 km long
88 curves left
84 curves right

You must be registered for see images

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkusReinhardt:

best time, bike 7:49 (average 160 km/h) on a Honda VFR 750R
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Porsche 911 GAMBALLA GTR600(600hp/479Tq)lapped the ring at 7:32.5
Also, The new TechArt GT Street 911 (600hp) also lapped it at a low 7:43.4

It would be nice to see what the viper can run. Hope skip drives the new comp coupe and sets a new low record.

OP
OP
S

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should we persue this, if this is all the interest we can muster?
I know 2003 is a long way off but planning something like this takes time and VOI is in 2002.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A chance to race our own Vipers on Nuerburgring. Is there any idea, ballpark figure, how much it will cost? How much does it cost to ship a Viper? Just get it to the coast and I'll drive it the rest of the way.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we ship ours cars over, they usually charge about $1000 from Pennsacola to Belgium. I'll tell you more really soon.....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skip at Viper Days:
Should we persue this, if this is all the interest we can muster?
I know 2003 is a long way off but planning something like this takes time and VOI is in 2002.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm interested as well, but are you talking 2003 (as you noted in this post) or 2004 (as you noted in your original post)?

Hey Chuck, you can always take Gerald with you, LOL!

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Skip,
Depending on the details (specifically: when and cost) my wife and I are interested. Are you talking about shipping our own Vipers or obtaining rental Vipers for the trip? Either way it sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be the cheap b*stard. All I want to do is get on some of those famous European tracks. If the five star hotels are a must then I'll find a way for the $$$. But all I really need is the tracks and a run down the Autobahn.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY! I'll do it. Its actually good its far off cause I'm bettin it'll be pricey, but thats the trip of a lifetime if you ask me. Well, that, and I'd love to do that Oreca trip to LeMans too!

Can we swing by Spa too? I've always wanted to drive that track, and hey, since we'll be in the neighborhood!
laugh.gif

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine took his elise around the track this summer on
a open day, $10 per lap but anything can run, he came across a
VW camper, he did Spa as well a forty mile blast away. I'm sure plenty of euro vipers would turn up for such an event

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip,

This is a trip of a lifetime. I know last year I shipped a car to Portugal and the cost was $2000.00. Will there be a rendezvous point to ship all cars from one spot. Will someone be cordinating everything from time of shipping to arrival point. I know when I shipped the car to Portugal it took 30 days to arrive. I guess it's all a mute point unless you get enough Vipers and commitments to make the trip worth while. Anyway you can count the two of us in for sure. And I know Belenkie is also a definite confirmation.
<FONT size="6">VIPER OWNERS LET'S BAND TOGETHER AND DO THIS!</FONT s>

OP
OP
S

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason we have switched to 2003 is that the VOI's seem to come in even years. 2002 and we assume 2004.

We do not have a transportation time across pond but I sincerely hope not 30 days. I have heard but not confirmed 2 weeks.

More to follow!!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read this post by Skip. What a great idea for 2003. Count Libby and I in. This would be a wonderful chance to see Europe and have the comaraderie of our Viper family together. When will you have mre details?

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To ALL USA VIPER OWNERS.....
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come to Europe!! I think its a fantastic idea and I am confident we would get a good showing from here in the UK. I know of 6/7 that would definetly come along. In fact - why dont we turn it in to a "Canon Ball Run" ? If you've seen the film, you'll know what I mean. If you havn't seen the film - think "Wacky Races" instead!!

It would be awesome to have you over here. What a week that would be - im just fed up we've got to wait so long :-(

COME ON!! DO IT!!!!
Taz.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said Taz; Skip count myself and a '97 GTS in from the UK.

Can't wait to do it.

And that Autobahn's been calling me big time, for quite sometime now. Wow, what a moment it will be, when Vipers gather together on the Autobahn from around the world...

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Skip!!!...This does sound really cool!!!...The only "true" vacation that Susie and I have had was getting married in St. Thomas, (I owe her MUCH MORE)... Her BIGGEST fantasy as well as what she collects are CASTLES!!!.... I can't let her see this thread, what a surprise this would be if I could actually "keep it a surprise"....Yes Skip, I/We are definately interested, keep us posted!!..Unfortunately you know what's going to be our deciding factor $$$$$...

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are looking up for the moment and I'm going to maintain a positive outlook - especially with a 1-2 year planning horizon. Please add 2 more to the "seriously interested" list.

Jeff

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some details I could find...

Nuerburgring, Lap times:
========================
CARS:
Audi A4 30:00 (90 hp Turbo Diesel)
Boxster S 8:32
Honda S2000 8:39
BMW M Roadster 8:32
BMW X5 LeMans 7:50 (700 hp!)
BMW Z8 8:16

Porsche 911 GAMBALLA GTR600(600hp/479Tq)7:32.5 (Thanks Themash)
TechArt GT Street 911 (600hp) 7:43.4

VIPER 7:50 (331 KW, estimated by ...............)
8:10 (302 KW, ... some German club members)

BIKES:
best time WITH a bike 7:49 (average 160 km/h) on a Honda VFR 750R

track is 20,8 km long
88 curves left
84 curves right

*********** NEWS MAY 2002 ********************************

I have found a recent report in a German magazine (Autofocus):

Title: 2much - Daimler AGAINST Chrysler

ONE company, two answers to the question: what is the best sports car? The new SL 55 AMG (476 hp) or the Viper GTS (450 hp).

The SL is a high-tech power pack and the Viper is a race car without any luxury.

...a 411 hp Viper GTS has raced the Nuerburgring back in 1997 in 8:10 and the brand new SL 55 AMG needs 8:12 !!!

BURNOUT.gif

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update June 2nd, 2002:
The Zakspeed VIPER makes it in 7:02 !!!
BURNOUT.gif

SKIP: Thank you for your efforts.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarkusReinhardt:
Update June 2nd, 2002:
The Zakspeed VIPER makes it in 7:02 !!!
BURNOUT.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOWWWWW..That is incredible.....Thats almost a 6 sec run....Ive never heard of a near 6min run from any production based car....Markus are there any other cars that get that close or break the 6min mark?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John: contact Skip - he will send you the schedule via email.