Vipers in the Heartland!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Had a chance to help instruct at the Viper Days/NARRA event this past weekend , and it is appropriate to dispel alot of the rumors , concerns, now. I am pretty sure the powers that be who are running this Series will be the first to say they have heard your concerns and are responding as fast as possible. There are some new, very experienced faces with NARRA and many were excited to see Skip Thomas back in a big way to help, too. Those that were discussing the pricing should check out the new structure and I can tell you all from the quality of the meal, the open bar , the trophies, track services, seat time, level of instruction, etc. that everything is still at the peak for excellence in track experiences.

The last two events promise to be a riot also , with two of the all time favorite tracks ( Texas World , College Station, Texas and Daytona). Those who have been to Texas World really enjoy this fast , fun track, and though it may not be well know in some circles it is definitely known with folks into road racing. Daytona, well who needs to say more.

We can continue to recommend a great time at Viper Days/NARRA for those who want to attend and Archer Racing Accessories will still be there to take care of your needs, and with Skip back helping they have integrated the past with the present and I see great things for them next year ----- they are finishing out the year with two superb tracks and that portends the future.

The neat thing ( okay I am biased ) is it is hard to find NARRA, but if you type in NARRA Online guess what comes up?

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, Sorry I missed you there, it would have been great to get your perspective on TWS. MY LOSS!

Tim, I will be going to Finals at Daytona. Wouldn't miss the chance at that track.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are a bunch of Texas guys running and I would bow out to them concerning the TWS track , as they have tons more experience there than I do.

Actually , if Cindi Lux is going to be instructing again , she would be your absolute best as she took the 08s down there for testing prior to the new 600 hp motor coming out ----- she could help you a ton. I really admire her driving/teaching ability alot, but then I also like fast women, ha.:2tu:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I have a photo shoot here that Friday night and the lady would give me crap for the rest of my life If I had someone else shoot it. On the other hand my hearing/listening skill isn't that good and Daytona would be tough to miss shooting pictures of all my viper racer friends with those big grins on their faces when they get out of their race machines.

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill, thanks for the very kind words, and thanks to all who made HPT a great event for us! TWS is probably the most under-rated track in the US. All of us are looking forward to a great Viper turnout there. For both of us, this is our home track, and we are happy to help newcomers come to terms with being fast there. In addition, we will have a crew of VERY experienced instructors available.

Dave Scott & Jim Garrett

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim, Several of us from Gainesville, FL will be attending Daytona. I suspect the North-Central Viper Club will bring 10-15 cars to Daytona.

To those who have not attended TWS; great track!

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have dusted off my former SCCA T-1 Gen 2 Viper and will run TWS due to constant and effective pestering from Ben K. It is a great track. Do not think of it as the run-of-the-mill ROVAL. TWS runs only the front straight from the oval and, most importantly, has a long outer loop that is outside the oval, enabling a fast road course section with elevation changes. Please bring out some of the old Viper Days GT-1 and GT-2s so I'll have some Gen 2s to play with in the race group. Rich W. - I'd love to see you and Ben again if you can make the haul.
Dave Fiorelli

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave - long time, no see...

We'll be at Daytona - not sure about TWS. There are still some well driven GTS/T-1 cars racing with us (Mazyck, Stokey brothers, Swears brothers), so hopefully we'll see more of you!

Rich

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure if I can make TWS, but will be at Daytona. I really like TWS, but the 17 hour drive is a bit tough from FL. It would be great if we could get some GT-1 cars at these events on a routine basis!