Vipers in the sticks!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and i went grocery shopping today here in Central Va,and i was really surprised because as we were driving,not one but two Vipers passed us going the other way. That may not seem like much to most,but i live in a rural area of Virginia where most people don't even know what a Viper is. To see one is very unusual,but to see two in a row was very strange here. I think they were newer convertibles. One was black and the other was a dark red with black i think.Just a week or so ago i saw another one like them in Dilwyn Va. I know when i first got my 94 Viper,it created quite a stir around here,and then when i bought the GTS a couple weeks ago the same thing. I just found it odd is all. I liked seeing them though :drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Virginia and never saw one in my life..Then at 18 I moved to hawaii and saw my first rt10 at 19 years old...

Then at 25 saw my first GTS..At 26 saw my first SRT10..

Since then I havent seen any rt10's driving on the street. 3 GTS's and 3 SRT10's..

Thats probally why i consider the viper such an exotic...Maybe in some places they see a viper every week and its no big deal. But it isnt like that for me

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've taken mine south a few times and I do get a lot of looks. There aren't a lot of us Outside of NOVA, Richmond, or Norfolk

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was funny because I live in a small 2000 people village and most villages around me are about same size

I went to BBQ at a friends house tonight and while we're out back we hear people passing by saying "wow, a dodge viper in our small village"

not many of them around here, hell I think most local dodge around haven't even sold any vipers

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys don't live in the sticks! I live in the sticks, good ole West Virginia. The funny thing is there are at least 15 viper's within 30 miles of me...

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in one of the oldest suburbs of Chicago and do alot of driving in the entire Northwest Suburbs and I MAYBE see 2 Vipers a year on the road...:dunno:

Jim

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to visist west virginia and go to the maple syrup festivals..
You guys are gonna thinkIm BS'n but WV is how I imagine the rest of the US was back in the 60's..

I last visited in 1997 and I had to go through some crazy mountain passes to get their..

basically their was a town between all the mountains and the roads were so dangerous that the trucking companies would only bring in and out the bare essentials mnay months of the year.

This small town was WAYYYYYYYY behind on technology and current events ect. their were literally little 70 year old women chewing tabacco and driving tractor trailers and people trying to sell turkey callers ect. They'd put it in their tabacco ridden mouth and put slobber all over the turkey caller and then give it to you and insist you try it..

Then the festival. thats right it was the Maple syrup festival..Everyone made their best batch of pancakes and fed everyone else and then we used the syrup from the trees to smother the pancakes..

We went and played basket ball..And while admitedly Im black/white and native american. Also just as admittedly I have very sub par basketball skills...

Well not in wet VA!!!!!!!! i was showing them moves they'd never seen before..

You guys think Im kidding but this all really happenned..

At 17 years old i thought it was all very corny and strange. Now at 30 years old i have a great apreciation for just how friendly and holesome WVA really was...

never saw a viper their though

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys don't live in the sticks! I live in the sticks, good ole West Virginia. The funny thing is there are at least 15 viper's within 30 miles of me...

Hey there fellow Hillbilly! I am originally from Big Rock,Va which is very close to the West Va State line. My Daddy grew up in Jolo ,West Virginia. Or as he says 'I was born and half raised there'. LOL:drive:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to visist west virginia and go to the maple syrup festivals..
You guys are gonna thinkIm BS'n but WV is how I imagine the rest of the US was back in the 60's..

I last visited in 1997 and I had to go through some crazy mountain passes to get their..

basically their was a town between all the mountains and the roads were so dangerous that the trucking companies would only bring in and out the bare essentials mnay months of the year.

This small town was WAYYYYYYYY behind on technology and current events ect. their were literally little 70 year old women chewing tabacco and driving tractor trailers and people trying to sell turkey callers ect. They'd put it in their tabacco ridden mouth and put slobber all over the turkey caller and then give it to you and insist you try it..

Then the festival. thats right it was the Maple syrup festival..Everyone made their best batch of pancakes and fed everyone else and then we used the syrup from the trees to smother the pancakes..

We went and played basket ball..And while admitedly Im black/white and native american. Also just as admittedly I have very sub par basketball skills...

Well not in wet VA!!!!!!!! i was showing them moves they'd never seen before..

You guys think Im kidding but this all really happenned..

At 17 years old i thought it was all very corny and strange. Now at 30 years old i have a great apreciation for just how friendly and holesome WVA really was...

never saw a viper their though

I don't know where you were ,but i know i didn't play basketball when i grew up down in the Mountains. For one thing schools didn't have Basketball because they didn't have Gyms and good luck trying to find a flat spot to play! One thing you said is true...you won't find nicer people or folks who are always standing for what they beleive. Those old timers went through a lot of hell back when the unions were trying to take hold for the coal miners. Things now have changed and i'm not to sure for the best. Depends on what you think is important i guess. I know i was happiest growing up their. But then again,i guess all or most of us would like to go back to the 'good ole days' . :drive:

OP
OP
M

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess all or most of us would like to go back to the 'good ole days' .

Your already there brother, it won't be long before someone will say, that these were the, "good ole days". ;)

Yep,that is true...their was a lot of bad things back then too. I was just a kid though and had no worries. Son of a poor but hard working coal miner,but never knew we were poor.I even wrote a song about that very thing. (bluegrass of course) lol

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up! Looking forward to hearing the dyno / tune results.

What did you end up paying for the GG heads / cam. You can PM me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang