VIPERS NEEDED For MOTOR TREND SHOW!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER MUST BE REPRESENTED! Motor Trend has requested that the VCA supply up to 10 Vipers for their shows in Baltimore and Richmond. Dates of the shows are February 9-12 at the Baltimore Convention Center and 10-12 March in Richmond. For those that have not been to one of these they are somewhat smaller Detroit Auto shows. All the manufacturers will have their concept cars there as well as introduction of new models. More importantly the Shelby, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo and Maserati clubs will be bringing their finest examples to showcase. Dupont Registry will be bringing 5 vehicles. VIPER MUST BE REPRESENTED! We need all four generations of Vipers to show. We also have been requested to have available a competition type Viper, so big wing custom cars with or without numbers are requested also. Cars will be roped off and security will be present on a 24 hour basis for the show. VCA members will be in attendance for all open hours of the show. If you would be willing to serve as a show person who would explain Viper to the public we need you also. Even if your car is not on display. This will be fun, many DC concept vehicles expected including the Firepower. Carroll Shelby is expected. Call me, PM me or EMail me. We are also talking to Reliable and Gary Almond about bad weather contingencies.
Lee Stubberfield
[email protected]

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could potentially participate for one day only. What are the hours going to be? Any perks for those who supply cars?

DrDJ

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can attend. Let me know if you need me. Car won 1st Place couple of years ago in a Florida show. Still in good shape at 15K and just a few track miles. :)

Paul :usa:

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good response so far! We still need more cars though!
Now for a couple answers and a request. Could everyone who is interested shoot me an EMail (link in my first post above) with what kind of car you have, YOUR NAME, and phone number. AND, state which show you are interested in. Baltimore or Richmond. Paul, I already got an EMail from you and you got one back confirming Richmond. Mark and Wanted I've talked to and you are good to go for Baltimore

I welcome other regions to participate. A couple of things to consider if you want to show your car and are bringing it in fom outstate. The cars will have to be placed in the show on Tues or Wed prior to the start of the show on Thur. And the car will be in the show until Sunday. Then it can be removed Sunday night or Monday during the day. So one day participation would not work for the CAR. I you wanted to place your car in the show and only be here one day yourself and then return to pick the car up that would work. 24 Hour security of course and VCA members with the cars during the show. If you have questions feel free to call me on my cell 410.978.7773. F355, Pharoh, Dr DJ give me a call or EMail me please if you are still interested.

Reaction score
Thanks to Bugeater...I'll be there. Most likely looking for the Wed. entrance (as we discussed on the phone). I'll trailer up to Arnold either Tues. night (after work), or straight to Baltimore on Wed. to arrive by midday. Finishing the splitter up tonight. :)

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will know by Monday if I can attend the MD show. I would be glad to participate as a "show person" interacting with the public. I would need someone like Gary to get the car down there though. Maybe I'm to far away to make it work for you guys...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd be glad to offer my 06 FE & comp coupe is someone can get the cars to boths shows....trailer was stolen so i can not deliver.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can supply 6 cars but need drivers!!! Let's see how well this goes over.Oh yeah I need to drive one unless I sell the cars.
All Gen II's

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 Sapphire. We would love the help at the show. It's going to be a massive job to staff this thing for four days. All VCA members welcome. We REALLY could use your help if you are attending either show. And think of the opportunities to get together after the show. Baltimore is a fun town. Frank, we would love to have that comp coupe. Love to have the FE too. Does anyone have an enclosed trailer they could lend to the service of this show? Frank, would it have to be enclosed? There are some opens available probably.

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen 1 in currently getting some work done but could probably be ready in time for Richmond if needed. Roe Supercharger and other mods in progress. With or without the car I would I can help staff Baltimore and/or Richmond. Let me know what I can do. I am located 45 minutes from Baltimore and 1.5 hours from Richmond.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee anything you need I can supply. You need my car you got it. You need me you got it. Just let me know. I was intending to go regardless. I plan to drive down each day, so just let me know what you need and when.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh BTW I was planning to attend the Richmond show only, but if you need me for the Baltimore one too I can probably show up. I'm only a couple hours from Baltimore.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, tried your email got rejected.... trailers would have to be enclosed. i will look also on my end to see about getting you the cars for both shows.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can supply 6 cars but need drivers!!! Let's see how well this goes over.Oh yeah I need to drive one unless I sell the cars.
All Gen II's

Would you please move yourself and this dilemma closer to Chicago!?

:D

Jay K.

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, I get my car back next week from the body shop (front fascia and side sills repaint). Supercharger(Roe) gets installed next weekend. Hopefully initial tuning should not take to much time. If all goes well the next weekend will be brakes, rotors, springs, clutch and flywheel. From there only complete detail and it will be ready. The only thing I see as holding it up would be the supercharger. If everything goes as scheduled I will know by next weekend after the install since I do not forsee many problems with the other items. I will keep you posted.

Russell

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, I get my car back next week from the body shop (front fascia and side sills repaint). Supercharger(Roe) gets installed next weekend. Hopefully initial tuning should not take to much time. If all goes well the next weekend will be brakes, rotors, springs, clutch and flywheel. From there only complete detail and it will be ready. The only thing I see as holding it up would be the supercharger. If everything goes as scheduled I will know by next weekend after the install since I do not forsee many problems with the other items. I will keep you posted.

Russell

If you do not mind me asking, how much for the repaint? Did they sand the old paint off or just paint over it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte