VIPERS NEEDED For MOTOR TREND SHOW!!

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was about $725. They will be taking them off, prepping (some bubbling piant on the side sill, scrapes under and a crack on edge of facsia), painting and reinstalling. From what I have read in the site it is a fair price and the shop was highly recommended.

Russell

Reaction score
It looks like I might have a tow-vehicle issue for Baltimore. :( I was supposed to have my truck back from my wife...but they put another casr on her ankle and it looks like I won't have the truck till after Baltimore. :( I am still working on getting a new truck out of this....but it ain't looking good.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was about $725. They will be taking them off, prepping (some bubbling piant on the side sill, scrapes under and a crack on edge of facsia), painting and reinstalling. From what I have read in the site it is a fair price and the shop was highly recommended.

Russell

I see. That is not too bad. Seems when repainted after sanding it cost three times as much.

Reaction score
Tony, try to set it up for the Richmond show.

I have not given up on Baltimore....I probably COULD have talked her into a new 2500 this weekend (she was down visiting), but I just didn't have the heart! We have 5 cars, the two of us and a 17 year old....and no car payments...and I want to keep it that way. Me not wanting to wait seemed like a sad excuse to buy a new truck....I think I'll save THAT for something better, like a second Viper!

Anyway...I'm going to try to line up another truck.

I am GOOD TO GO for Richmond in March. If she isn't able to drive a stick (her Mustang) by then....she's renting a car for a while! :)

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I have been working on advance weather information. Right now it looks great. Clear with no precip. If you still want to make Baltimore drive that car up. As you know I'm only five miles from your place in Arnold AND I have garage space if you need it. Keep it in my garage as long as you want pre show and post show.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all those who have responded and offered to have their cars at the Baltimore Motor Trend Car Show. We also need volunteers to be at the show while it is open to answer any questions from attendees and ensure the Vipers are secure.

We need volunteers to cover the following shifts (2 people per shift):

Thursday, Feb 9th

11:30 AM to 6 PM
2:00 PM to 7 PM
5:00 PM to 11:00 PM

Friday, Feb 10th

9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
1:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Saturday, Feb 11th

Sunday, Feb 12th

9:30 AM to 2:30 PM
12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM

If you are available to work one or more shifts, please contact me. Volunteers working a full shift will receive a free entrance ticket.

John Mavridis
(301) 642-1667 Cell
(301) 695-8782 Home
[email protected]

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all those who have responded and offered to have their cars at the Baltimore Motor Trend Car Show. We also need volunteers to be at the show while it is open to answer any questions from attendees and ensure the Vipers are secure.

We need volunteers to cover the following shifts (2 people per shift):

Thursday, Feb 9th

11:30 AM to 6 PM
2:00 PM to 7 PM

Friday, Feb 10th

Saturday, Feb 11th

Sunday, Feb 12th

9:30 AM to 2:30 PM
12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM

If you are available to work one or more shifts, please contact me. Volunteers working a full shift will receive a free entrance ticket.

John Mavridis
(301) 642-1667 Cell
(301) 695-8782 Home
[email protected]

I should be game for one if not two days on the weekend. I am thinking at least Saturday 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
I may be able to bring my FE Coupe up for the Richmond show...Baltimore is just too far for me, can not trust the weather....

I may have one of my sons drive up my GTS also, I have always wanted to try to get Carroll Shelby to sign my dash ...

Let me know how I can help....

Rick

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, both your cars would be a perfect fit with the ones we have sor. We do not have a blue/white not do we have a new coupe. Call or email either John or me for more details.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to coordinate participation in the Richmond show. A few questions:

When can the display cars be moved into the show area and by when do they need to be moved out?

If the weather is really bad, would it be possible to delay the exit deadline from the show? Is there anyone in Richmond who would at least be willing to keep my car at their house (not necessarily in a garage but definitely off the street) after the show if needed due to the weather?

Thanks.

DrDJ

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to coordinate participation in the Richmond show. A few questions:

When can the display cars be moved into the show area and by when do they need to be moved out?

If the weather is really bad, would it be possible to delay the exit deadline from the show? Is there anyone in Richmond who would at least be willing to keep my car at their house (not necessarily in a garage but definitely off the street) after the show if needed due to the weather?

Thanks.

DrDJ

From my knowledge cars can only be put in the day of the show and leave the last day of the show. I am almost positive but Lee will probably confirm.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith is correct. Actually in the case of Richmond move in is the day before which would be thursday, out the last night of the show which would be sunday night. We are talking large venues that must be cleaned out as a new show will be moving in the next day. Weather is something we will have to deal with somehow. One owner who is participating has already hired Gary Almond to take his car in and out, so Gary will obviously be in the area. Would there be an interest in contacting Gary for multiple transit deals? Gary moved one of my other cars to a restoration shop in October, at that time he told me he was upgrading to a multicar hauler, do any of you have an interest in that? I can contact him.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not worried about it personally, but my car has been in the rain before. Heck my first day in it I drove in a hard rain 200 miles to get it home.

I did my first detail Friday and will finish up the undercarriage the week before. I obviously would like to have good weather, but won't be too upset if weather is bad.

Having said that I don't work on Thursdays or the weekends. I plan to take Friday off. So, I will be around to help anyone of needed Thurs. through Sunday.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to come and be at the show. Lee let me know where you need my help. I have just taken in a yellow solid GTS with GT2 Wing, HRE 547's, Muffler Delete and Corsa 3" nice wicked car. Let me know if you would like me to drive that or the FE or any other GTS.I am anxious to see the turn out.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to come and be at the show. Lee let me know where you need my help. I have just taken in a yellow solid GTS with GT2 Wing, HRE 547's, Muffler Delete and Corsa 3" nice wicked car. Let me know if you would like me to drive that or the FE or any other GTS.I am anxious to see the turn out.

Refering to Baltimore and/or Richmond. Let me know. We could still use a few to man the booth.

John

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thursday was the first day of the show, and during my "shift" (noon-6pm), it was kind of light, with a light turn out. Weather permitting, it should get a lot better this weekend, but snow is in our forecast. We have eight cars in the event, and they all look great. We've got a great spot on level 400, right in center front, just in front of the DuPont Registry. On the same floor with us is the Shelby Club (GT350's and GT500's), and the Porsche Club. The Porsche's are off on the side, and are not getting much traffic at all. Also on our floor are the new car dealers for Mercedes, Porsche/Audi, Infiniti, and Acura. My Digital Camera died so I have no pics, but I'm sure Tom (Wanted) will post some soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte