You must be registered for see images attach

The host hotel is now open for reservations:
1-800-228-9290

Ask for the Ohio Viper Club Discount of $134.00 includes 2 free breakfasts

Saturday - July 30th:

Woodford Reserve Distillery Tour

lunch

Four Roses Distillery Tour (Group Photograph)

Dinner - Malone's Steakhouse

Sunday - July 31st:

Heaven Hill Distillery Tour

Once again we have organized another fantastic Viper weekend. Jason (Stretch) has put together a great Viper driving route as we run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Jason has scheduled tours for us at Woodford Reserve, Four Roses, and Heaven Hill Distilleries.

We will have a Saturday night dinner at the famous Malone's Steakhouse. Janey has put together luxurious accommodations for Saturday night at the Griffin Gate Marriott Resort and Spa.

Woodford Reserve Distillery - Woodford Reserve

Four Roses Distillery - Four Roses Bourbon

Malone's Steakhouse - http://bluegrasshospitality.com/malones

Heaven Hill Distilleries - Heaven Hill Distilleries - Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey and other Fine Spirits

More information to follow.

Please email VCA Ohio Secretary/Treasurer Janey White [email protected] and get on the attendee list for updates.

QUESTIONS?

Contacts:
Jason Mattinson - [email protected]

Randall Arnold - [email protected]

Janey White - [email protected]

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IN/KY Members: This will be a really great event...and, our Region is most appreciative of the offer to join our Ohio Brothers and Sisters in same !!

I would urge the IN/KY Members to sign up SOON...rather that waiting until the last minute to do so ( as is usually the case) as I am certin that this tour will fill up quickly!!!!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would be the plan for the Indy area members? Head down Friday or Saturday morning? Just trying to make some reservations soon. :drive:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At this point, I'd say sign up with Ohio group,then make your own call about the day you go. Aside from the obvious "river town" connections you could utilize, Kentucky certainly has some great places to stay if you go early. My worry has always been car secirity at remote locations...thus the security details that I always arranged for overnighters...something about Wife "not taking a joke" when it comes to our Snakes.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Adam, as you know, we always welcome a Viper Brother/former member to the IN/KY events...even after the Viper has moved on. Different Regions operate differently. I would suggest that you contact our gracious hosts in Ohio to see what they say...maybe remind them that you are a board sponsor/vendor... and a strong supporter of the IN/KY VCA and "service tech" to many of our KY members.

If that doesn't work, tell them that you are my cousin from the "Eastern branch" of the family :) And, when that doesn't work, call Stretch.

Hope you can make it !!!

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Adam, as you know, we always welcome a Viper Brother/former member to the IN/KY events...even after the Viper has moved on."

The Ohio Club works the same way. Of course you are welcome. :2tu:

"If that doesn't work, tell them that you are my cousin from the "Eastern branch" of the family :) "

That advice might just get you thrown into a Corvette club.:lmao:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome as long as you bring that black car that's been hiding in your garage for several years :D :2tu:

:drive:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, daytonprowler...Adam is a good fellow to have at our KY meetings, and he helped us arrange our shorter, but similar tour a couple of years ago.

Who knows, maybe he'll bring the "little red car" with the "dancin' donkey" badge on the fenders !!! :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I can make it, which I don't see why not let's do a drawing for 1 set of free spark plug wires from Home at lunch somewhere for the people that are there. My dancing donkey right now has a fuel electrical connection issue right now but will be fixed. Dang car isn't as reliable as them Dodge Vipers! :)

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event t-shirts can be ordered online at www.viperclubohio.org and click on the Bourbon Trail Event icon.

S-XL $20 each
XXL-XXXL $25 each

T-shirts are available in black or white with the event logo on front and back. Since there is NO registration fees for this event :), the profits from the sale of these shirts will go towards paying the distillery tour fees for the event.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In the "other thread" on this event, "Stretch" recently posted:

"Just ignore the red one stalling at the beginning and the laughing coming from the second car
grin.gif

My favorite part was when you held the sandal out.

The video turned out great shine, very well done in the editing.
Quick update. We are about a month away. I have 20 people and 14 cars signed up already.
2thumbs.gif

If you're out there and planning to attend shoot me a message so I get you added to this list! It will help me finalize our reservations everywhere."

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised, here are some teaser pics of the beautiful horse farm that will serve as a background for our photoshoot at the event.

IMG_34141.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

I cannot wait to get a big group of Vipers there! :headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are only 5 days away from the the run through the Bourbon Trail!!!!

I just sent out an email to everyone that had told me they were coming. It included all kinds of fun details including the itinerary and driving directions to each location. I will try to get everything here as well. (All times are Eastern)

Saturday July 30th

Optional Convoy to the Meeting Spot
For: Those staying in the hotel Friday night and anyone in the Lexington area that would like to join
Meeting Time: 8:50am
Departure: 9am. Matthew (black/red ACR) will be leading everyone from the Marriott to Woodford Reserve

Main Meeting Spot at Woodford Reserve
Meeting Time: 9:30am

Sunday July 31st

Meeting Time: 9:45am
Departure: 10am. Jason (yellow RT/10) will be leading everyone from the Marriott to Heaven Hill Distillery

I have also attached the pdf with the full itinerary & driving directions.

If there are any questions please let me know.

Drive Safe and I will see everyone this weekend!

-Stretch

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. As I got to writing the email I realized that those Indiana folks might not be on the same time as we are. Trying to be clear :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest reminder concerning this fantastic event !! The following is from IN/KY VCA Southern Director Jason Mattinson:

"There is still time to join us for the Vipers Run the Kentucky Bourbon Trail event coming up this weekend!
If you are interested in going here are the meeting times & locations for each day. All you need to do it show up and join us.

Saturday July 30[SUP]th...[/SUP]
Time: 9:30 AM EDT
Location: Woodford Reserve Distillery (7855 McCracken Pike, Versailles, KY 40383)

Sunday July 31[SUP]st...[/SUP]Time: 9:45 AM EDT
Location: Griffen Gate Marriott (1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511)
(Note: We are departing from the Griffen Gate Mariott and doing a scenic drive to Heaven Hill Distillery in Bardstown, KY. You have the option to skip the scenic drive and meet us at Heaven Hill at 11:45 AM.)"

ALL Viper Owners are WELCOME !!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ONE day left before this wonderful event...plan on joining this group for part or all of either or both days !!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good times. Jason you did a great job putting the event together. Your next spark plug wires are on me. Just my way of saying thank you! Yellow right? Or is it going to be Red this time? :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Adam!

The color is a tough call, maybe red next time. Will you install them too? I'm not sure my back can handle another day bent 90 degrees over the car.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A little thread necro, but something those of you who attended this event last year:

We did our photo shoot at Winstar Farm in Versailles, and being that it's now officially Kentucky Derby season, lots of articles about horses that are contenders.

This article caught my eye this morning about Winstar Farm and its horses. Thought some folks might be interested to see how it operates, especially in Derby season.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/04/29/2168874/at-winstar-and-other-farms-derby.html

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At this time of the year, the horse farms, the race tracks, and the Kentucky landscape in general are all breathtaking !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456