Vipers Taking on Vettes & Ferarris @ June Sprints!

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang,

just wanted to give a shout out to all you guys who dig watchin these hot rods smoke around the track, NayKid Racing will be at the famed Road America JUNE SPRINTS where we will be putting our 2006 SRT10 Viper Coupes up against Z06 Corvettes, Ferarri 360C's and maybe a couple 996GT3's in the SCCA T1 class

Our driver Cindi Lux won this race 2 years ago in a Corvette as only the second woman in 49 years to ever win this race. Last year we switched to Vipers but SCCA wouldn't give us the much needed suspension upgrade (the other cars are allowed) until just before that race and our results we dismal last year as we were forced to run with backmarkers where she was taken out in the first lap and I managed only a 5th place after setting new track records the year prior...

This year we will be back with a vengence and our plan is to try and make the other guys continue crying like little school girls that the big bad Viper is too much car...

In all honesty that will be a tough chore as the Corvette is 350Lb lighter than us on the same size tire and the Ferarri is 750Lb lighter than us and Rd A. is notoriously ******* brakes so the extra weight we are carrying could be a major factor by the end of the day... Last year my old Corvette track record was lowered by over 3 seconds by another Corvette so it could be a tough weekend...

One thing I promise you though is we will be STANDIN ON THE GAS!! :nana:
You must be registered for see images

Anyway, we want to invite and and all of the Viper nation out to watch the race on Sunday or the practice (Friday) or qualifying (Saturday & Sunday) and come see our hot rods and cheer us on as we wave the SRT/Viper/Dodge Motorsports FLAG! :usa:

sbw

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty:

Good luck to both of you! Nice article in Viper Magazine too...

You're a hoot dude!

Rich

Hey thanx Rich!

Heh he I just saw the article and I think I am gonna have to go into a witness protection program now for embarrassment... :D Naw seriously, we had fun doing it and they took some liberty editing it but it was fun to do :nana:

Hey ya know what else? We got our hands on CC #43 now too so we're thinkin about showin up a couple times to hang out with the big boys again, we'll see... :smirk:

sbw :usa:

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck to both of you at this " Classic Race," and let's hope for a 1-2 with your Snakes!!

The Woodhouse Viper Gang

Thanx all,

things are looking fairly good so far... We tested yesterday at a lo 27 on old tires in race trim with temps in the mid 80's...

We'll see, practice today at noon qualifying Saturday, race Sunday :hitfan:

2 Ferarris, 8 Corvettes :buttkick: <---------- 4 Vipers :headbang:

sbw :usa:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Any results? Saw part of the practice on Friday and Naykid racing looked very impressive. Hope the weather wasnt a big factor? Also saw the silver SRT go down during practice - any word on what broke?

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scotty:

Saw the results - way to go to you and esecially Cindy! You guys got the cars dialed!

Was CC#43 Stan Wilson's or who had that one?

Rich

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great week for Snakes and what a superb finish for Cindi and Scotty! First for Cindi and a record as the only woman to win there twice. Look for these two to rock and roll in Topeka at the Nationals this year. Couple that with a 2nd, 4th,7th, 8th, and 9th at Sonoma for the World Challenge Series and Vipers ruled this week!!

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Results should be at JUNE SPRIINTS

CC#43 was Stan Wilsons car

3 SRT10 Vipers on the Podium with a Ferrari in 4th and then the Corvettes that were still running... :nana:

Cindi qualified on Pole then the 3rd place driver from Runoffs in a Corvette on the outside and then me in the catbird seat 3rd, then another vette 4th, Viper 5th, vette 6th, vette 7th, Ferrari 8th, vette, vette, vette etc...

Green flew Cindi 1st, then me then Corvette, the Corvette was pretty racey the first 4 or 5 laps but after looking at my incar camera facing out the back he wasn't really using all the track but amazingly he was still pretty much keeping up with Cindi & I :eek:

The 3 of us kind of checked out on the rest of the field while the 3rd Viper of Jeff Robbins led the second group of cars with 3 vettes hounding him...

After about the 5th lap the Corvette began to fade behind Cindi and I and we just slowly inched away...

About 2/3 of the way we swapped the lead a couple times and with a lap and a half to go my car stumbled and was fuel starving and that was the end of challenging for the lead which was fortunate for Cindi because 100yards later her car did the same and so did the now 3rd place Viper of Jeff Robbins (the 3rd place vette broke one lap prior)

SO it was awesome with 3 Snakes on the Podium of the second biggest race of the year but it aint over yet, we didn't have the best Vette there and the best Vette that was there admitted he didn't even bring his A game to the race (10 race motor etc...) so this doesn't mean we're gonna kill 'em at Runoffs but we will do our best...

They (the vette drivers) all think we sandbagged last year and we think they are doing a little sand baggin of their own this year to try to get us some more weight and a smaller restrictor... We'll see...

The Corvette still has the fastest T1 lap at Rd America in qualifying 2:24.919 but we now have the race lap at a 2:25.356 :2tu:

As far as I know this is the first time there has ever been a podium with all Vipers on it in T1! :headbang:

sbw

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Way to go guys! Keep it up.