Vivid Racing's SRT Viper Project

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope these numbers were for a non modified car although even then, they seem low.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, looks like they are baselining with it apart, probably for testing adn back to back runs with mods.

I saw it hit 557hp which I believe is dead-on for stock with 13% drivetrain loss which is what SRT has quoted for previous gens as a good reference, in fact the gen5 could have a little more drivetrain loss due to the 3.55, etc., so that may even be a farily strong car. But it is a dyno, which is more a tuning tool than an accurate overall measure of output due to variability etc.

I wonder what they'll do to try to get power, seems limited at the moment without a MOPAR PCM like the gen4s got for add-ons, the coding issue is a tough one.

They certainly now how to have fun with it though and break it in right!! Woohoo, loved that.

Vividracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys beat me too it:)

Our dyno is a heartbreaker... Mustang AWD500 always reads a lower number than most. The important thing we wanted to do was get 7-8 good baselines and record so we can start making stuff and see improvement over where we started.

Was fun to go drive the car finally though. The car has to be ready for sema I hope you guys are excited with the end result.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys beat me too it:)

Our dyno is a heartbreaker... Mustang AWD500 always reads a lower number than most. The important thing we wanted to do was get 7-8 good baselines and record so we can start making stuff and see improvement over where we started.

Was fun to go drive the car finally though. The car has to be ready for sema I hope you guys are excited with the end result.

Awesome, looking forward to updates. All the best with the project and SEMA.

Dave.