VMania Windows?

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's warmed up here, about 105 this weekend, so I'm thinking about getting some good windows to let the AC keep me cool. I have the factory Mopar top and factory sliding windows, but want something that looks a little nicer and seal a little better. Anyone have any good experience on VMania windows or any other aftermaket windows. 1,000 bucks is a bit steep for something I only need for 3 months out of the year, anyone know of some used ones.

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of the Autoform tops, but I already have the factory top and I don't think the windows would work with it.

So how are you liking the car so far?

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah not sure if the windows would work with the factory top (I probably wouldn't separate the two).

Love it so far aside from one emissions not passing issue lol!

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glass, I can post some pics of the actual parts later on tonight.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread Freddog!

G

grcforce327

I had the V-Mania windows with the small slide windows, and liked them.Sold them and bought their solid windows, now that I have installed door poppers.:2tu:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even wait. Just BUY THEM. They are worth every penny. You think only a few months/times a year you'll use them? Not! you will like the look so much that they will be on more than you think. Cool evening want to go for a ride? Too hot and want to use the air? late in the season and you dont want to put it away yet? I use mine all year. Small "wing window" on the drivers side, solid on the passenger side. Just do it.

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I say I would only use them a couple months out of the year is because around here, Arizona, we don't have to store the car in the winter, you drive it with the top off. Not a jab at the cold climate folks, just saying that the only time I would need it is when it's so hot that I need the AC. When I bought the car, I figured I would hardly ever drive it, only when the weather is ideal. I almost bought one without AC. Now I love driving it so much, I don't want to miss the summer months too.

Anyway, just want to get an idea how people like the Vmanias. I hope I can find some used. I see JonB has them at Partsrack, but still, at just over a grand...ouch.

Repeal the Viper Tax!!! :D

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got them on my 94 and love them. Use them in the winter and the summer with the A/C on. No wind noise, good fit ....as for leaking.....I don't know of too many RT/10's that don't leak in rainfall. As for the price consider it "VIPER TAX".

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another endorsement here- love my VMania windows on my '94. They're expensive, but buy them and cry once, as opposed to crying often when you'd want to take a cruise with windows in.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The year your hardtop was made makes a huge difference in how well the VMania windows fit. The weatherstripping is different depending on where they were made. I bought them for the 94 I had and they stuck out about 1/2" where the hardtop met the windshield pillar. I wound up stripping off the factory weatherstripping from my hard top, so that I could get the windows to fit. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with them fitting the softtop.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The year your hardtop was made makes a huge difference in how well the VMania windows fit..

GREAT ADVICE when considering used. "IF YOU DONT KNOW ALL ABOUT VIPERS....KNOW YOUR VENDOR!" So many e-bay sellers dont know WHAT the heck they are selling, or what the differences really are. "THE YEAR MATTERS" is my mantra. And THE TOP MATTERS on V-mania windows!

Our new windows are finished-to-order for YOUR top choices.....and we have scores of happy customers. Ours all come with sliders on BOTH sides...... many used windos saved $ and only got drivers-sliders, or ordered solids (no slider) for electric pops. BE CAREFUL BUYING USED unless you know the differences. "IF YOU DONT KNOW ALL ABOUT VIPERS....KNOW YOUR VENDOR!"

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, I think I need to give you a call. I have a 96 with the factory hardtop. Your website lists them for $1049 but then adds $100 for the sliders. Also, do you give a VCA discount and how much would the shipping be to AZ? Your reputation around here is outstanding so I would love to do business with you.:2tu:

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, not trying to scam anyone here. I'm not listed as a VCA member here yet, but called and signed up last week, just waiting for the number. Supposed to be getting an e-mail soon and the packet in the mail in 3 weeks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon, I think I need to give you a call. I have a 96 with the factory hardtop. Your website lists them for $1049 but then adds $100 for the sliders. Also, do you give a VCA discount and how much would the shipping be to AZ? Your reputation around here is outstanding so I would love to do business with you.:2tu:

$1050 DELIVERED with dual sliders THANKS

OP
OP
F

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cha-ching!!! I think we've got a deal. I'll call you in the next couple weeks. Thanks for your responses and help. No wonder everyone speaks so highly of you around here. :)

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B is one of the best you can deal with anywhere for Viper parts. I bought a clutch and pressureplate from him for our 94 Viper, and it was everything he said it would be.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4