VOI 11 Travel Plans NY/CT Region

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've mapped out a route from CT and may trailer my Viper and may also hookup with the New England Chapter if our plans coincide. Is anyone from the NY/CT chapter planning on going and if so, have you made a travel plan or intinerary? :drive:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, I want know untill later BUT will fly if I decide to go...I have friends there I can stay with

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool if the NY/CT/NE goers would have 1 satellite radio per vehicle to check on each other's location and progress along the way. Really curious who/how many are driving myself!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, are you going to trailer your Viper yourself or have it transported? I'm up for a road trip not sure if I will trailer or ship the Viper yet.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, are you going to trailer your Viper yourself or have it transported? I'm up for a road trip not sure if I will trailer or ship the Viper yet.
Tony! I've been getting quotes to transport it and it would be easier and way cheaper to trailer it myself and I know where it is and know it will be safe and arrive there on time, lol. Plus, unlike when we drove to VOI X, I'll have plenty of space to put stuff in the truck, where we just fit everything in any nook or cranny in the Viper last time to get home.:omg:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, How long do you expect the trip to take?
I have access to diesel Ram 2500 and I've been thinking about taking my Viper out on a trailer too... not sure how much time I can take off just yet, but exploring it....

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, How long do you expect the trip to take?
I have access to diesel Ram 2500 and I've been thinking about taking my Viper out on a trailer too... not sure how much time I can take off just yet, but exploring it....

From my house it's 35 hours or 2,240 miles to the hotel. So I figure 3 days of travel at 12 hours driving time each day, staying at two hotels overnight each way. Driving time doesn't include stops for food and bathroom breaks. I'm also exploring it, haven't made any reservations or booked anything yet, or decided what cities to overnight in. I would probably take two weeks off from work and haven't decided if we would leave on a Sunday or Monday.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I will watch this conversation myself. Am thinking will trailer mine too. :)

With that wing on the back you have a pilot's license right? Could fly in then :eater:

Surely there must be more folks from the NY/CT region who are either flying or driving to VOI :dunno:?

1MEANASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
booked hotel - but still undecided which way to go. would love to drive but not sure if i have enough time. maybe drive out, ship back. not sure. but definitely going.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jimmy
We are still working on either shipping out both ways or driving one way and shipping back. Still a little early right now. Just keep in touch as we get closer. Thanks Rick

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DRIVE man, DRIVE! There's always a bumper bra and additional clearbra for road rash.