VOI 7 Drags update...Dan Black Sux at drag racing!

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Did anyone get any decent times in??

When I get my car finished I will be a ****** at the track as well. I'm sure I will **** at first - but eventually be able to run a good time.

Kinda make you appreciate how fast Albert 9.63 really is!!

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw this after i made my post in the VOI7 section..

12.11 is not bad for your first time out.. it takes practice to get the launch right.. was that your only pass?

ps.. RAINED OUT...figures...

- eddie -

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
I S**K!!!!

Evan Smith runs a 10.87 on Pilots.

Doug Levin at VOI runs a 11.08 on Pilots.

Dan Black runs a 12.11 at VOI on SLICKS! With a wonderful 2.46 60ft time. Yes it went 131mph. But in 12.11 seconds!

Did I mention I S**K!

I think I should be banned from all Viper related activities as to not embarrass myself and those around me.

Yes its the first time Ive ever run the car on slicks. Actually its the first time Ive taken it down the strip with me driving at all. I think I better leave this sport to everyone else EXCEPT me. I am very skilled at making a fairly fast car real slow. But give me a break. My mother drives better than that.

I s**k, s**k, s**k.

VOI elimations ended up rained out. Im not sure how they are gong to evaluate the results.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but Dan.... <FONT size="6">131MPH!!!!!!</FONT s> THAT IS FLYYYYIIINNGGG!!!!!!

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan when i first got my stage 2 twin turbo buick my first pass was 10.1 at 141mph i was pissed. The car was all over the place and i over boosted and got on and off the gas it was embrassing to say the least. However there is no subsitute for seat time just block out all the people around you and not try to cut a good light. Wait until you are ready and try to leave the same all the time whether it's with boost or rpm be consistent then go for reaction time. Make sure you are comfortable, don't put pressure on yourself remember this is not your job it's your hobby so enjoy , relax and learn.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Humble Dan. Keep having fun. I aint any better but I keep going anyways.
laugh.gif

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
Right there with ya bud. I could have done MUCH better, if I could find 2nd.... or fourth for that matter. I should have pulled low 12's, my best was 12.5@115. I SVCK TOO.

Mike

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it easy on yourself big fella, I drove your car and I can see how it would be tough to handle all those horses. Or, you ****! lol. At least you are there trying.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan:
I have NEVER done a 1/4 mile either. Hundreds (maybe a thousand) of miles of road racing but never a 1/4. Thank you for representing ME too. I am sure I'd SVCK TOO!!! Would probably svck even worse since your 12.11 (fast car) would make my 13+ (stock car) look svckier. Chuck's got it right. Have fun! Forget the numbers (for a while) and stop letting everyone else drive your car!
laugh.gif
<FONT size="1">rain or not...wish I were there
frown.gif
</FONT s>

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
Your car has so much power, and your first time...you did just fine. When you become more comfortable with the car, your times will improve. There's nothing wrong with showing the car the respect it deserves. Give yourself credit for being out there, driving your OWN car!!! and remember you had FUN!!

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dannnnnnnn---

You are looking at the glass half empty....

2.46 60 ft. time!

Just think how much gold is there to be mined, and start mining it!

You don't have to be at a dragstrip (or break the law) to practice your 60 ft. times...

Good going--awesome car!!! 131! Thems motorcycle speeds...

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone S***KS the first time
supergrin.gif

A 1.80 60' would have got you a 10 and with ET streets that's easy to do
cool.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member