VOI 8 Day 1 (pics - yep, some of those too)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, it is late and I am supposed to meet several folks in about 5 hours to leave for the group photo. So I will keep it brief - but with a few select photos to keep it interesting. ;)

Couldn't hardly wait to get my yellow SRT, so was up early to go check 'em out. Not even the spiders were awake yet:

You must be registered for see images

The SRT folks were AWESOME and took plenty of time to talk with everybody there. Even got some special instructions on properly installing the convertible top cover from the folks at SRT. Very, very impressive. And so was this little jewel that matched our cars:

Yep, it really is an SRT-10 Ram, complete with VCA badging. It was used as one of the lead vehicles for one great parade through downtown Ft. Worth. They closed off all of the side streets and basically shut down the city for our little gathering - of 400 or so Vipers. The yellow SRT's had the honor of leading the pack, and looked pretty darn good doing it too!

We got back and left our new baby, but not without a parting shot:

Then we had meetings for the various regional officers, of which I happen to be one of many. I can indeed say that the winds of change are gathering speed at the VCA and I witnessed it first hand today. I am sure we will hear LOTS more in the very, very near future. So, having finally adjourned this ground-breaking forum, we headed off to dinner.

Good food, some great speakers - and then this blue thing was heard firing up and heading out onto a lower stage. I shot some decent pictures, and here are a few you might enjoy:

Not bad, eh? Of course you had the usual drunks climbing all over the car (which I understand is one of only a couple built as concepts) and even opening it up to sit in it - despite that it was on a stage. I believe the guy in the lower photo leaning on the car actually climbed on the stage and was running his hands up and down the whole car until they ran him off. Viper owners can indeed be a very diverse group! :rolleyes: Also note that the car was then whisked off almost immediately following the dinner, and no lights turned up for photos. The car is already in shipment back to Detroit and won't be seen again until January at the NAIAS. Should be exciting!

The dinner ended up with the actor/comedian that plays the "that thing got a Hemi?" doofus from the Dodge commercials. He was a HUGE hit and funny as hell.

Of course my camera batteries decided to croak with no spares in hand and my room was approximately 938 miles from the ballroom. Thus the pictures from the memorabilia area with concepts cars, etc. will have to wait until tomorrow. And as promised, here is the picture of the huge blow-up SRT-10 that is in front of the hotel. Kinda cool!

Hope you enjoyed the post, and we will catch you all tomorrow with more great stuff from VOI 8 in Dallas!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT! This is as close as we will come to being there. We are living VOI through you Chris.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Wonderful pics Chris....ESPECIALLY of the SRT coupe!! THANKS!

What CODY said....we're living the VOI 8 through you.........

You KNOW what I'm waiting for .....TODAY'S pix!!!!!!!!..MEMORABILIA.......!!!!!!!!!!

Knightsport

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I was a member here long ago and I think my membership must have expired. Anyway, I came back because yesterday i was standing outside getting some fresh air outside the SBC building in downtown cowtown and I hear what sounds like a Grand Prix event coming my way.

As I sit and stare down Houston St. I see, sorry for the photo quality, it's a camera phone, this:

It was truly a spectacular sites, you had all the car guys in the building buzzing and answering alot of non car guys/gals questions. :)

It was certainly more entertaining than watching the Baptist Drill Team Parade. :crazy:

Edit: I have a few more pics that I'll try and upload later if requested. I must say I was especially impressed by the Mineral Grey GTS with an enormous I/C up front. The new Vipers I've never really cared for up until now though, pictures do them NO justice. :2tu:

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "dufus" the climbed into the Coupe was Big Carrot! lol

King GTS got the pic...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "dufus" the climbed into the Coupe was Big Carrot! lol

King GTS got the pic...

I can't imagine this was Big Carrot that I saw - unless he weighs around 250 and is about 5'7" tall. Although he is a doofus... ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala