VOI 8: FRIDAY NIGHT FUN (pics and short commentary)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Joe has simply outdone himself in the picture category, I thought I would add some more details and impressions after getting a "sneak peek" at the upcoming Viper Owners Invitational this past weekend. Because I shot a LOT of pictures, I will separate the posts by hotel, track, and Friday night. Now, the Friday night off-site activity.

I will keep the descriptions brief, as it is late and I am tired. Suffice it to say that this could be the greatest off-site party venue we have had at any VOI. Don't believe me? Read on! The first thing that sets Billy Bob's Texas apart is when you walk in the door. This wasn't put there for us, this really IS a Dodge-sponsored ***** tonk!

You must be registered for see images

And if that didn't convince you, then this should:

Most bars don't have a truck parked inside. Then again, most bars don't have a FULL-SIZE indoor rodeo ring with grandstands and everything! Grab a beer and park yourself on the sidelines - where else but Texas can you watch live bull riding in a saloon?

But be careful, get too close to the rails and that bull just might decide to charge you instead:

Want to grab a bite to eat? No problem! There is a full size BBQ restaurant also in this same bar:

Had too much food and need to offset it with some drink? Choose from one of the several bars that can be found in Billy Bob's:

And don't forget that the drinks are included (free) and you have a chauffeur-driven luxury bus parked outside. Just worry about how you will navigate the giant hotel and get back to your room once the bus drops you off. ;) But wait, we aren't done at the bar yet - not by a long shot! You also have a large stage with a huge dance floor:

Disco ball? Heck no! Texas uses a disco saddle baby! Rhinestone Cowboy indeed...

Tired of bull riding, can't dance, and need something to do with your hands? Chalk up and challenge your Viper buddies to a game of pool at one of the many tables at Billy Bob's:

What? Your buddy won't place a wager on the outcome of your game? No problem! You can gamble on your own at one of the slot machines or even place a bet on the horse race machine in the back:

Want to play games without the risk? Maybe the arcades are more up your alley:

If you need to walk off some of that BBQ or maybe a few of those drinks, check out the extensive Wall of Fame in Billy Bob's where numerous stage acts have left an impression:

Want to ride a bull and not get killed in the process? Here you can ride that bull and even take home a souvenir picture in the process - as demonstrated by John Gastman of Roanoke Motors:

Still can't find something to do? Maybe you should check your pulse or just go to the information counter like these two goofballs. Hey fellas, the booze is behind you!

Now this place was absolutely packed when we went there. So what happens during VOI? Dodge rents the place and closes it to the public. That's right, as Viper owners you have the run of the place for the night. Free drinks, free dinner, free dancing, free bull riding, etc. You will have to pay for your souvenirs (they also have a VERY large gift shop), but that is pretty much it besides the slots and arcade games. This will truly be a VOI to remember!

Be sure to look for my other posts on the hotel and the track...

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible photologue of our pre-VOI 8 trip, Chris! VERY well done! I was bummed I didn't bring my camera, but now that I look at the photos you posted, there was really no need to.

Thanks for all the excellent work.

whitesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Chris for the excellent work on this ! Now I can´t wait for Friday, when we all have fun at Billy Bob´s Texas :2tu: :usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21