VOI 9 car

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is an attractive car. I like the outside but, I could never get past the "Smurf" blue guts. I imagine that at $71K and the soft market, it will be a tough sell.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, and at $71k starting bid, it should be.

Since they are asking $84,900. I doubt its for sale @ $71k.. see link..

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

It is an attractive car. I like the outside but, I could never get past the "Smurf" blue guts. I imagine that at $71K and the soft market, it will be a tough sell.

I looked for 6 months for a VOI9. They dont last, and are very few on the market, at any given time... I prefer the 5-spoke wheels, and no wing myself.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE the look of that car (minus the wing), but hey there's already two NJ members with VOI9 coupes....so I'd be pushing it to pick one up....every show people would be asking:

"ohh they must have made a lot of these!"

and we'd all shake our heads.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the minority but the H spokes are my favorite second only to the Gen II BBS ACR's.If I were ordering a new one today it would have to be H spokes.
The VOI 9 car is hands down my favorite GenIII exterior color combo,I could put up with pink interior for that exterior.One other positive is it is a drivers color as it doesnt show dust and swirl marks like my Sapphire.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way that should sell for 85k . Why buy that for 85k when you can get an 08 for maybe even less?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way that should sell for 85k . Why buy that for 85k when you can get an 08 for maybe even less?

Simple, the same reasons why I bought an 06' over an 08'. My reasons were not financial ones.

-1 of 100 car. Any 08's 1 of 100?
-Color Combo (this was THE biggest factor for me). In person, the white.blue is simply stunning. As most know, The only other Viper ever made, to share this color, is a 98'GT2.

For me, the VOI9, was the only 06' I was looking at. No other color would do... I made the mistake on my last GTS, of taking a color that wasnt my first choice, because the price was right. I wanted a Saphite/Silver striped GTS. And TOOK a solid race yellow car because of price. Not to say I regret the decision, because the car was a gem. But in hindsight, I probably would have paid "up" for the saphire car. As a result, Saphire cars have held value, better than any other 01' Color combo I can think of. On a 2001, there can literally be a $10k swing, on color alone (solid/red vs. saphire/silver). All other things being equal.

This time around I did indeed have to pay "up" for a VOI9 car.. Knowing full well. Red 06' coupes can be bought for a song these days.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they are asking $84,900. I doubt its for sale @ $71k.. see link..

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

The Ebay auction is a "no reserve" auction so it will go for whatever price is the final bid, even if it is only $71K. There is one day left and no bidders have responded. The dealer may be asking $85K but there is a reason that it isn't selling and that it is on Ebay. Soft markets make it difficult to justify higher price levels as witnessed by the current real estate markets. It will be interesting to see the final Ebay price.

I looked for 6 months for a VOI9. They dont last, and are very few on the market, at any given time... I prefer the 5-spoke wheels, and no wing myself.

That was the case a year or so ago but, things have changed somewhat in recent months.

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In person, the white.blue is simply stunning. As most know, The only other Viper ever made, to share this color, is a 98'GT2

TaxiMan1,

Not to burst your bubble but the the Commemorative Vipers in 95 and 05 also share that color combo and only 100 of each of those were made. So to add them all up there is only 300 total white with blue vipers out there plus the GT2's and not sure how many of those were made.

Tom
05 Commemorative Edition Viper #29

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom. I should have specified "Coupe", thats what I meant... The 98 GT2 and VOI9 were the only 2 Coupes to be made in that color.. I am not a fan of the wing either... The car is CERTAINLY collectable, being #100.. But I couldnt deal with the wing.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a fairly unique Gen III, 1 of 100, 1 of 16, #100, great VOI9 colors.

Someones going to get a good deal.

Better deal was probably the 98 GT2 w/200 mi. that recently sold for 95K.

Wish I had the cash and room for both!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the case a year or so ago but, things have changed somewhat in recent months.

Just spoke with the dealer.. car is sold! For much more than the starting bid was. Guess things havent changed too much after all!

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke with the dealer.. car is sold! For much more than the starting bid was. Guess things havent changed too much after all!

Apparently not:omg: I stand corrected. It was worth what the market will bare or whatever the right customer is willing to pay. :)

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car has been offered before and originally by Woodhouse. I think they wanted 100,000 in the past.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up #42 with 2100 miles for 68K, I feel I did alright. I have seen 3 in the past month go for 71 to 73.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960