VOI 9 ..... LAS VEGAS! Sept. 24th -28th 2006

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI 9 is in Las Vegas, on September 24-28, 2006. (and Reno Viper Days is the 29/30/1)

The Venetian is the hotel of choice, with large rooms (700 sq ft each) and parking next to the front door.

There are to be 900 rooms reserved for the Viper Club.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An interesting date....starts on a Sunday....well it is 150 miles to Vegas so just place my reservation.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YE HA :2tu: i will not miss this one. as soon as the material arrives i will
be filling it out and sending it back SAME DAY :2tu: i had the best time ever
in my viper this year at the zone rend and hear this one is multible times better.
ricky time to miss some classes, YOU DONT WANT TO MISS IT. my wife and i are
going to italy in sept pryor to this and i'm still going to take another week
off for this. i cant wait and the best part will be WHAT VIPER WILL I OWN AT
THE TIME OF VOI9 :D

i plan on being the KING :D at the drag strip so bring it on LADIES :D
i'm gonna spank ya :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: LMAO, i have 10 months to
egg you all on :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: THIS IS GONNA BE A BLAST.

THANK YOU VCA :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's a bit warm for Vipers at that time in Vegas, we're talking 100 plus during the day.

We'll still be there with our two Snakes, but it would have been nicer about amonth later.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days in March and VOI in Sept, both in Vegas, can't wait

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days in March and VOI in Sept, both in Vegas, can't wait

Don't forget Viper Days the weekend following VOI.

And don't forget the Silver State Classic the week before.....150 mph(average) for 90 miles of open road sure beats a 120mph cruise through the local hills risking your license and viper.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows it is not a kids event. It is just the logistics of managing the kids (if both parents would like to attend) is a lot tougher when school is in session. Harder to ship them off to grandparents, harder to get someone else to manage the school routine, etc. Not impossible, just a lot harder. I know we have been over all this, but everyone's situation is different.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI in Vegas will be a blast. Our region is eager to help national and Dodge make this an epic event and well worth the days off work. If you have kids, take 'em out of school for one week - just get their assignments ahead of time and have them bring the books along. Many of us have missed school for a week growing up and are one the worse for it.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone on the west coast is now happy. This will make 3 of 9 on the west coast, and even with that preponderance I assume we will still hear the west coast ******** in the future.

For me time will tell. To trailer means a 3 day drive each way, which I believe will be an issue. I also have the same children issue others have mentioned. It may be better to wait for one closer and at a better time. Not a huge loss as I was at the previous Las Vegas VOI but it always hurts to miss out on a VOI.

Warp10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:(
If DC made their decision 6 weeks sooner, there was a very good chance I could have taken that week off, but my company needed all vacation choices in by Oct 1. So now I'm stuck with obligations for that week. All I can do is wish everyone that can go, a safe trip and a good time in Vegas.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FROM THE SOURCE:

"Of course this is tentative based on we haven’t signed a contract with the hotel yet.

But it does look like we are going to Vegas in the Fall but no dates as or yet."

Reaction score
why have this when kids have to go back to school and many of our members can not attend

Oh boy, here we go again. LOL

It's not a kid event. There are gazillions of those. It's an adult event.

Not kiddie kids, Chuck. My son will be a senior...some would say NOT a kid but a "young adult", and he'd have to miss it. I'd avoid the event on principle because of this, even if I wasn't boycottoing due to distance. When it fits MY schedule...I'll gladly go. Until then, I'll simply voice my stnad from time-to-time.

Not only would I enjoy taking my son, but I would love for him to meet some of the people he reads about, or whom I have talked about.

Life goes on. :)

Reaction score
VOI in Vegas will be a blast. Our region is eager to help national and Dodge make this an epic event and well worth the days off work. If you have kids, take 'em out of school for one week - just get their assignments ahead of time and have them bring the books along. Many of us have missed school for a week growing up and are one the worse for it.

While I deem the club and it's events worthy of special consideration...missing school for my son is NOT on the list. We save that for things that are more all-encompassing. Many ARE none the worse.....but not all. For a decent student looking to get into a good University or Military Academy...a week could be the difference. The point is....moving it to accomodate athe average school year has YET to be proven impossible. Easy choice for them, and me. They choose a location too far away and during school....I choose to avoid it. Life is all about choices. :)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I deem the club and it's events worthy of special consideration...missing school for my son is NOT on the list. We save that for things that are more all-encompassing. Many ARE none the worse.....but not all. For a decent student looking to get into a good University or Military Academy...a week could be the difference. The point is....moving it to accomodate athe average school year has YET to be proven impossible. Easy choice for them, and me. They choose a location too far away and during school....I choose to avoid it. Life is all about choices. :)

Yep, it's all a bunch of trade offs, for sure. I'm sorry you won't be able to attend, but I'll hoist a beer in your honor for all that you do on the forums!

Reaction score

Yep, it's all a bunch of trade offs, for sure. I'm sorry you won't be able to attend, but I'll hoist a beer in your honor for all that you do on the forums!

:2tu: Cheers! I may piss and moan a bit...but the bottom line is that I can wait until it is convenient for me. My bad...I missed the two "close" ones to me, so I don't have a LOT of room to complain! LOL!! For all it would take (the ENTIRE package) to get to LV...just can't do it. One of these years. :)

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony-
Me and a BUNCH of others will help....YOU NEED TO DO THIS...

Tell us what we need to do... Transport- cars, flights...
This will again be one of the best...not to miss...
an education for Christopher...REALLY!!!

What's the "Entire package"....?????

C'mon!!!! If it's air fare...I'll take care of it.
What else? let's let the forum tell ya!!

PBR

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as I saw this yesterady I spent 2 hours figuring out how to make it work. Leave Chicago 9/6 for Viper Days in Hallett Ok.(769 miles)take first place in Modified class, then 9/11 drive to Las Vegas(1,271 miles), leave the truck and trailer in Las Vegas for 11 days fly back to Chicago, 9/23 fly back to Vegas to attend VOI 9, then 9/28 drive to Reno (447 miles) for Viper Days, take first place again in Modified class, then 10/1 drive back to Chicago(1,948 miles). Total miles driven 4,436, of course making sales calls along the way.

Yes it's all about choices, I CHOOSE YES!!!!!!! Why did I ever listen to Howie Frank. This is all his fault!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2004Fangs