2. Steve Ueligger
3. Rohn Kittel

The <u>ELIMINATED CARS</u> were:

1. Hennessey
2. Albert Choubler
3. Dilussi
4. Doug Levin
5. Tom BTR

Albert had a 9.9 ET during qualifying and RSI had the highest MPH at 148 MPH. Jamie Furman had the best reaction times of the day with .500 which is perfect! It's rained out right now. They possibly will finish this weekend.

In the <u>MOD II</u> Class:

I only know of 2 cars that were still in it. And they are below. Could be a few more but I'm only sure of 2.

1. Norm Koerner
2. George Brice

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RAIN SUX......on a brighter note I qualified #1 in modI with an 11.64 and my friend/Dodge dealer Mike Robbins also from Ringgold Ga. qualified #1 in the stock class with a 12.14 and his quickest was 11.97 and he was also still in. rain rain go away little tony wants to play
smile.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1TONY1:
RAIN SUX......on a brighter note I qualified #1 in modI with an 11.64 and my friend/Dodge dealer Mike Robbins also from Ringgold Ga. qualified #1 in the stock class with a 12.1? and he was also still in. rain rain go away little tony wants to play
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good job Tony!
BURNOUT.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey,

Thanks for the update. Did you get any more details last night/this morning??

As usual -- it looks like the HOUSTON CLUB was cleaning up the competition!!!

Am I correct that ALL remaining cars in the UNLIMITED CLASS were from Houston!!

Looks like Norm represented my shop in Houston (House of Speed) well in MOD II. The only non-HOUSTON CLUB car is George Brice's - Lingenfelter car?.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey:

I won one elimination and had one bye, with a best time of 10.69 in the MOD 2. I was still very alive.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:
Trey,

Thanks for the update. Did you get any more details last night/this morning??

As usual -- it looks like the HOUSTON CLUB was cleaning up the competition!!!

Am I correct that ALL remaining cars in the UNLIMITED CLASS were from Houston!!

Looks like Norm represented my shop in Houston (House of Speed) well in MOD II. The only non-HOUSTON CLUB car is George Brice's - Lingenfelter car?.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was really just typing what Prashant told me. A few highlights. I'm sure there were a lot of other highlights and qualifiers but I just wanted to get something out to everyone as quick as I could.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could somebody THERE in Nashville that was actually AT the drags please post the best ET's for the Roe Supercharged Viper, the best ET from BTR Racing, and Doug Levin's best ET in his own car??? Forget the MPH&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;just the ET PLEASE.
Thanks a lot. pete the ex glass guy PS&gt;&gt;&gt;this is a simple request for information...not a slam or a judgement or whatever.....

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:

In the <u>MOD II</u> Class:

I only know of 2 cars that were still in it. And they are below. Could be a few more but I'm only sure of 2.

1. Norm Koerner
2. George Brice

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Heffner supercharged car driven by Jamie Furman was also in the running. Jamie's last run was 10.74 @ 134.7 MPH. The Mod2 class was heating up to be a battle between these three very nice cars.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony - 98 GTS:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can add my car to the list of non-Houston club cars definitely in the running in the Mod 2 class. See my post above about Jamie Furman driving my Heffner S/C car.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary - great times and MPH!! Good to see a SC car at the track putting up good times to match the dyno numbers.

I just wish the rain had held out another 6 hours or so.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand you guys from Houston only giving good reports on the Houston cars but, this event never came to a complete end due to rain. There were more cars still in the running before the rain came. The way alot of the houston cars were breaking anyone still could have won.
Lee Saunders representing BTR from Florida was still in the running with runs in the 10.20's in the unlimited class.
Myself also from Florida representing BTR running in the mod 1 class was still in the running with a best run of 11.79 at 120mph.
Its a shame the rain came so we could not get a true end results. This was not intended to be a flame on your post. Just did not want leave us Florida cars out of it when we were still in it. By the way Tom from BTR was having problems with clutch slipping for any of you wondering how he did.
All in all alot fun and I want to thank Prashant and the rest for organizing this event.

Mods: Headers & Vec 1

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red gts the only run I actually saw with my own eyes he ran like an 11.08 at 130 and some change, I heard some one say it ran faster but I didn't see it. I hope this helps a little anyway.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was definitely apleasure meeting you guys: Tom welch, Albert Chlouber, Dr. Roof, Joseph Dell, Doug Levin, Wing King, Kyle Kent, George Brice and crew, and above all it was especially good to meet the driver of the "too fast nitrous Viper"....TooFast. You guys are awesome! We definitely need to hook up again. Also a very special thanks to Phrashant Patel, you did a great job getting everything organized.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounded like a great time! Some really FAST cars showed up and upped the ante for Viper performance. Too bad for the rain...

Wish we could have participated in it with our LETHAL 750 Viper. Unfortunately, we had too many R&D projects going on at one time, and my engine is still not assembled again completely. Getting custom parts made for the Viper takes a long time!!!Too long!

Well, once it's back together again, we do plan on taking it to the strip to put down some numbers. Maybe we can have a bunch of Vipers from NorCal head up to the track in Sacramento to race...If Ben shows up with his DLM Sage XXII Viper, then we'll all feel slow. Maybe we can convince him to shut off the NOS to make it mildly competitive.

HAVE FUN and BE SAFE!!
-Wayne

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just got home from Nashville, and I wish that we could have stayed longer as a good time is being had by all, even with the rain. The Opryland in BNA is far superior to the new one in Orlando.

As for the Drags, here is what I saw..

Tuesday nite test and tune ended in a few of the more promising fast cars encountering problems. CAPs Koerner broke a half shaft(not one of mine)and a nitrous burp did minor damage on the intake of another tuner viper. My brand new clutch was slipping from the very first pass, and another new car had "unbreakable CV-Joint" breakage. CAPS did get a replacement shaft. Crazy, wacky problems that were not expected.

The DLM camp had more presence than that from Dodge itself. Lots of powerful cars around the trailer and on the track. I did not remember many e.t's of the DLM cars but most ran low 11's at 130+ mph. I believe that Ben Treynors car(s/c with NOS....you will have to ask him for details) was the only one to top 140 mph.

TNT had a large presence as well, with a Prevost bus and a number of host trailers and Vipers. I believe that one of their customer cars ran 10.14..........please correct me if Im wrong about that.

Wednesday racing was being rushed along because of the threat of imminent rains so all I can relay is the information from what I saw in the unlimited class.

Albert, who had by far, the most powerfull sounding car, ran a 9.99 but was having problems during qualifying and I belive red lighted in round one. Lee Saunders(of BTR fame for kicking the **** out of 1badGTS in Jersey) ran 10.20 and defeated a brand new HMS Venom 1000 Twin turbo, driven by a freind of mine..Jamie Parker..a very clean and good sounding car, it ran 138 mph! Steve U. ran 10.03 for the fastest e.t of the event(race day)and I don't remember who he raced in round one. I was defeated by the RSI car...but really by my lack of a clutch as I ran only a 10.89 with a 1.998 60' time. My .550 light and 142 MPH wasn't enough to hold off the 10.10 e.t of that car. There were two other pairs of unlimited cars in round One, I can't remember the pairings and who won or lost. Rain ended the event after round one.

A couple of other high notes, Mike Stewart ran 11.79 in mod 1........chuck 98/rt better get busy, Jack B. in mod 2 ran 10.69 with headers/exhaust/nos, Geroge Bryce ran 10.20's on motor, and Jim Gardina(tooth58doc)pulled the front wheels 4" off the ground at the starting line...then exploded the clutch. I wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it myself. His car has stock suspension, just hoosiers/headers/nitrous.

It was a pleasure finally meeting all the Houston crowd, Jason Heffner, Toofast Scott, and everyone else. I look forward to doing this again soon.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the red GTS with Tenn. tags 1BADBYTE? It went out the round as it started raining, great sounding car.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was still in the MOD 2 class. IMy last run was a 10.7 something at I believe 138 MPH 1.6 60 ft. time. Please don't leave me out! I want this thing to finish. I had way to much fun. I especially enjoyed meeting everybody! So we need to have what looks like a final 4 shoot-out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187